Japanese Free Life Fantasy Online ~Fiendish Princess, Nice to Meet You~

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Kourinn, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Kourinn

Kourinn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Free Life Fantasy Online ~Fiendish Princess, Nice to Meet You~ (Free Life Fantasy Online ~人外姫様、始めました~)
    Raw Link: I can't post links yet. Raws are at ncode(DOT)syosetu(DOT)com/n8517en/
    NU Link (if available): N.A.
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Looks like it might be a fun series similar to "Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story" or "Genocide Online ~Playtime Diary of an Evil Young Girl~". Judging from the title and teaser, MC becomes an undead princess. I'd try to translate the first chapter myself, but I expect this series to require more knowledge about Japanese gaming lingo and memes than I can handle.
    Description (if you can find one): This is my very rough translation of the description/teaser:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Ars, Toralk, Inraviel and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting enough.

3. Ars

Ars Simple-Minded Trash

Reading List:
    Link
    This story looks really fun! Hope someone picks it up!

I semi-translated the summary (minus the lines I can't understand at all). The story seems super detailed and the chapters are h u g e, so it seems like it'd need a real dedicated translator or group of translators.

Free Life Fantasy Online ~I'm a Nonhuman Princess, Nice to Meet You~

Free Life Fantasy Online... also known as FLFO. Tsukiyo Kotone starts to play after her little sister, Akina, wins the Beta test from the lottery and gives the prize to her as a present. The race Kotone chooses during character creation is... one of those races only maniacs love, a "nonhuman being". And of those nonhuman races, she chooses one of the more unfortunate ones: the zombie.

Completely ignoring those people going "The game's service has started, yahooooo!", Kotone starts as one of the zombie race. While taking her time playing the game at her own pace, she discovers a hidden room. There, she discovers a key item which unlocks a unique character race evolution route, and from the looks of it, that race is called the "Princess" [Hime-sama].

Her well-put-together party consists of a little sister... not, but a pile of bones and armor of her same profession. 使役形と言えばもふもふ? ところがどっこい。 The undead princess should be an undead, right? But what popped out is some skeleton with a rattling head.
    [Totally spitballing here, but I think this part means her party members or summons are skeletons...? She herself has a humanoid figure]

With a heroine like this... comes the story of Tsukiyo Kotone having fun at her own pace.

Tags include things like VRMMO, death magic, cooking, alchemy, not a death game (a la SAO), not secretly a real world (a la isekai VRMMO).
    The story is currently ongoing with 94 entries and has 2 light novel publications.

AMissingLinguist and Irie like this.
  4. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Owari.Zero

Owari.Zero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw vol 1-3: drive.google. com/drive/folders/1656V-ZqP6w0spHoRDE9fhyIcqAqXSOdo

6. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the raws for the manga adaptation on loveheaven.net, willing to give the novel version a try.

7. japzone

japzone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link