Spoiler Why Are You Doing This, Duke?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Mar 3, 2019.

1. feliciabeel

feliciabeel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, hello. I'm new here and I read the raw up until ch 34. I don't speak Korean so I can't read the text and I can't speak English fluently so I hope you'll forgive my bad grammar.
    Spoiler:
    - Erin got drunk after eating the chocolate her maid Mary gave her, kissed the duke (more like knocking her nose until it bleed), rant to him, and her whole body shined. Next morning their clothes change (the Duke wore some coat like he wear back in ch 5 after their intimate moment).
    - Erin drowns in a lake. Duke saved her, give her CPR, and in the carriage Erin share some of her feeling and the Duke hug her.
    - The duke slowly falling for erin and he start making bold moves like kissing her forehead when she's sick (and leaving her confused) and wanting to kiss her lips.
    - There's a spy/mole among her maidservant. The spy is (possibly) connected to the blond guy because of three flashback panel before her appearance.
    - Lex bought Erin so many things like clothes, accessory, and give her a huge amount of money... also killing someone who tailed their shopping in the town (Erin didn't know about the last one tho)
    - Lady Palladine (or whatever her name is) get so mad especially after her talk with someone-most-likely the emperor (?). And it seems like after Duke broke their engagement Lady Palladine chose to made the emperor (?) fall for her but ended up with him left her for another woman. And yes, she's pissed as hell.

I forget to add sometimes like when Erin drowning her body start to shine. And on one occasion, after her whole body shine the Duke turned into Lex. Seems like it's part of the magic, influenced by heavy emotion.
    And there's a magician with red hair and similar appearance with Erin's mother except her eyes are green (Erin's mother had golden/brown eyes) who helped Erin. She's the one who Blond Guy Savanneh (?) mention in ch 18 while handing her a card.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  2. vatopu

vatopu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, who is the blonde girl

3. feliciabeel

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean the blond girl with the Duke from the chapter about port inspection?

4. dahlhoney

dahlhoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's the villain character but when I got a peek of her side of the story, I felt a little sorry for her. What she did to Erin & Lex was horrible tho. The real bad guy in this novel is the prince.

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Who’s the prince? What role does the blonde haired guy have?

6. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the prince makes his appearance til at least a good half way through the story. As for the blonde guy, he has a somewhat similar background as Erin (has some connections to gypsies). And the author basically uses his character to introduce (or reconnect?) Erin to Erin's Aunt Isabelle (older sister of Erin's mom) who is a witch & played an important part when the 'magic/curse' between Erin anx Lex took place.

it wasn't Erin who made a wish for the magic to happen, it was Lex when he was a little kid (dun dun!).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? The magic has delayed effect?

8. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    His wish was 'to be loved by someone' after he saw the loving-family relationship of Erin and her mom. Erin's mom sort of had a foresight of the future that showed something negative and gathered what's left of her powers to make Lex's wish come true and Erin's well being and happiness as well when it happens. I guess his destiny for love (aka Erin) was supposed to happen later in his life..?

EDIT: ok so I checked the novel again to make things clear -while going over Lex's wish Erin's mom saw the future where Erin was killed by him. So she used her little-left power to make Erin the 'medium' of the magic cos the medium can't die before the magic(Lex falling in love with Erin) happens. She changed the wish/future to save Erin's life while still keeping the promise of Lex's wish. Just a little side note, but Erin's mom also said she can't use her powers for benefit on herself and her daughter(Erin) so that's why she lived a bit of a miserable life.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How did he saw Erin and her mom?

10. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    He was kidnapped and trapped in a cage. Erin and her mom saw him and rescued him.

11. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy. I'm shook. Wait, who kidnapped him and trapped him in a cage? The stepmom? @dahlhoney

otaku31 likes this.
  12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    (y) Amazing spoilers, thanks a lot!

dahlhoney and otaku31 like this.
  13. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure, there weren't any clear explanation of who the kidnappers were...so I'm just guessing it was just some random gang that sold nobles for money in another country cuz Lex was on a boat and then caged in a circus(that's probably why Lex refuses to go to a circus saying he doen't have fond memories of one in webtoon chapter 16).

14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    And Erin and her mom was at a circus?

15. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    They were on the run, I guess they stumbled upon the circus while doing so and Erin took an interest since she was a little child.

astaterix, stumblmer and kiara8 like this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    On the run from her father?

17. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds right, father and/or his wife.

ariane09 and readerz like this.
  18. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers!!! I am curious to see how the Duke and Erin will develop a relationship from here. I mean so far Erin still makes a clear distinction between Lex and the Duke and it's clear to an extent the Erin is still afraid of the Duke and he is frustrated that she responds so well to Lex verse the Duke himself. I mean the Duke himself is an awkward dude so I can imagine him being affectionate as himself will not come as easy compared to Lex. I do wonder when their feelings will become mutual though.

I am just happy she has a living relative on her mother's side who she can rely on. @dahlhoney

JimmyFalcon, Yukari_me and readerz like this.
  19. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't belelive a cold blooded killer with no sympathy is awkward

20. feliciabeel

Reading List:
    Link
    Just info, the novel is finally translated in English! The wordin is a bit confusing, but the story in novel version is worth to read :)

jujuli97 and readerz like this.