Recommendations Novels like Wolfish Silkpants Bottom or Little Terrified Bun

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Chowderrr, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Chowderrr

Chowderrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m in the mood for some rebirth novels where the MC tries to fix their past mistakes :) It would be awesome if it was a double reincarnation like Terrified Little Bun but it’s okay if it’s not. Thank you!

Blood A likes this.
  2. Lunaleska

Lunaleska Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Reborn as a good child.
    Not many chapters out yet though.

loveyaoi and Chowderrr like this.
  3. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation! It looks interesting so I’ll definetely check it out! :)

4. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're okay to MTL, I highly suggest Those days of saving the school male god (拯救校草的那些日子), not yet translated, as per the title, MC rebirth and tries to 'save' his highschool crush (his only regret). This is really good. MC rebirths when they were still in highschool, I think.

Others with translated chapters:
    Beloved Marriage in High Society - MC rebirths but instead of working hard in the family, he chooses to accept an arranged marriage. Tooth achingly sweet and very fluffy.
    I Want to Be in a Relationship - MC rebirths and wants to have a love life cos he died a single dog in the past life (cos he keeps hiding his sexual orientation) This one has a very adorable gong~~

Chowderrr likes this.
  5. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read Beloved Marriage in High Society and I really liked it so I’m glad that you can kind of tell what I like already! I’ll try to MTL the first one when I find the motivation to do but I Want to Be in a Relationship looks super interesting so I’ll definetely check it out! Thank you for your recommendations! :)

cursebreaker likes this.
  6. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of the Film Emperor’s Beloved Wife
    Rebirth of a Movie Star

minieki and Chowderrr like this.
  7. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL: 重生之宠溺成瘾

What I remember as summary:
    Two brothers (?) reincarnating into same life multiple times. MC Remembers two of their past lifes, ML remembers only one of them. Due to this desynchronization, ML resolves himself to catch MC, while MC has already given up on ML.

They restart as kids with a bit of *sniff sniff* sad story at the beginning, but it quickly turns into full fledged fluff. There is misunderstanding, past family schemes, blind prejudice that caused them suffering in their past lifes. With ML's firm resolve in this life, the dark background; which caused all the misery, is finally solved. This all happens in the pampering, spoiled pet atmosphere. So, The cliche family feuds, negative treatments, classic kidnappings do not lower the impact of fluff. :)

(?) is explained in the end. It was so, so, so! cliche, I didn't even notice that was the 'FIN'.

As it is with most of the wealthy family modern setting Chinese danmeis, there is too much no logic weirdness going on at the back, known as plot, but the fixed dose of meng selling covers those uneasy parts :)

Chowderrr likes this.
  8. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah? which one is Terrified Little Bun? where can I read it?

If you're ok with something that isn't BL, Rebirth of an abandoned woman: MC (female) is reborn and sets a "contract" with her husband that they'll divorce in a year. basically a Slice of Life in which MC is not as gullible as in the past and is proactive in protecting herself. However, her character itself is very passive

The Military Female Soldier with Unwavering Stubborness: MC (female) is reborn and actively changes her life. Hints of possible romance, but not the focus, focus is currently on her building up her strength and avoiding pitfalls from her Uncle's family.

Every Vicious Woman needs a Loyal Man: MC (female) reborn and decides to treasure the one person who actually cared for her in her past life.

If you are a dodder flower: MC (female) reborn and decides to not be a nuisance anymore since that obviously lead to her death in her past life. She decides that she'll be obedient this time around and treasure the Cao Family.

For my Healing Life: (finally remember something BL), MC reborn and decides that he won't be as selfish as he was previously, and hopes that in that way he can make it up to his band mates. Hasn't been translated in awhile though...

More than a Few Blessings: BL, MC reborn and starts to avoid his classmate who likes him. MC takes a different route in life with the knowledge of his past life.

The S-Classes that I've Raised: okay, not BL, but there are so SO many scenes that can totally work for BL... :blobnosebleed: MC reborn and regrets his past decision and decides to be good to his younger brother and support him as best as he can.

EDIT 2: If you want rebirth BLs, all the second chance apocalypse are like that
    Rebirth of MC
    Back to the apocalypse
    The Reborn Otaku's code of practice for apocalypse: very much Slice of Life in the apocalypse.
    My Cherry Will Explode in the apocalypse
    Lord of End of World: cultivator rebirths to before the apocalypse
    Dominion's End: not actually BL, more gender bender, but I consider it as BL....

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Chowderrr likes this.
  9. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link

Ooh that sounds awesome! Thanks for recommending it! :)

10. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTL-ed Little Bun and I don’t think it’s on NU. I’m sorry but I can’t find the link to it because it’s been a while since I last read it. Thank you for the recommendations!

11. cursebreaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the spoiler thread for it, Little terrified bun 小怂包[重生], not yet translated so you can only MTL~

SeiraJLoyard and Chowderrr like this.
  12. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendations!

13. greedxed

greedxed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @cursebreaker someone is translating those days of saving the school male god on wattpad :) they pt the name as those days of saving the school heartthrob. It says it's machine translations. there's a link to it in the spoiler forum you linked. I haven't read it yet so idk what it's like but it's started if y'all wanted to check it out :)

Chowderrr likes this.
  14. cursebreaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohh!! I'll add it to my library, I'd like to read it if its decently translated~~ Thanks!

Chowderrr and greedxed like this.
  15. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading it yesterday and it’s going pretty well. It kind of gives me the same vibes as Don’t You Like Me since they’re both set in highschool and the ML’s are both cold but doting. There are some parts that are kind of hard to understand since the translator is using MTL to translate but I don’ t think it’s too bad right now.