Misinformation is Dangerous

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Jun 19, 2019.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    They're less deadly for sure. Unless you get complications from other disease or your body seriously weakened they won't kill you. I contacted measles at 10yo a known recurring case in my country of origin where the protocol have been established. What they do ? Just quarantine me into a designated area and treated whatever symptoms i shown. I recovered in the fourth day with full recovery at sixth. The medication i took at the time just pills to turn down my fever, stuffy nose, and vitamins.

Really i did not underestimate disease. It's you who underestimated human natural immunity system.

strayCat0 likes this.
  2. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes some doctors would prescribe you antibiotics for common colds or flu and people would just use them without any second thought. There is also flu shot.

Before you go further no I'm not anti vaccines. I'm anti exaggerations people. Any life threatening disease that has high mortality rate and low to no known cure then sure it was necessary to be vaccinated. Others that has low mortality rate and have established treatment that work then you don't really need them.

strayCat0 likes this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but that is just ignorant and stupid.
    Using one case that's an outlier doesn't prove your point.
    Thousands of cases disagree with you.
    Complications? Every disease is a result of complications
    You are simply engaging in mental gymnastics at this point.
    I am not continuing this, the facts are clear. You can look them up if you wish..
    Also, any idiot knows that viral infections like the flu do not have a cure.
    You can only treat symptoms.
    Maybe the doctors giving antibiotics are treating those or they are just quacks.

Lurking and strayCat0 like this.
  4. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the ignorance I see is from people who are afraid of change. Whether its a changing society, culture, or a country change is inevitable. Trying to stop it is like trying to stop a coming tide, its an exercise in futility. Nature says those who fail to evolve die, haven't seen this been disproven yet.

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    I added in bold a sentence part you missed, wujigege. I agree with you.

I take the flu vaccine when I can because when I didn't I got pneumonia and now I am eternally more susceptable.

It took years of work for being active not to get me immobolized and stuck in place using a machine to help me breathe while everyone else had no problems doing active things.

Pretty sure this screwed up my education.

Vaccines are important.

6. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Phrased that wrong. I was too young for vaccinations to be safe when I got pneumonia, it was some moron who didn't vaccinate that got baby me sick or something.

It took way too much work on my part to become as active an adult I am to make up for that stupid no vaccinator getting baby me sick.

Like, what the fuck. If you want to be a no vaccinator, have the good grace not to visit the premature ward. Are you against vaccinations or are you a bioterrorist killing baby humans with infectious diseases you refuse to get a lil prevention on.

7. Adieu

Adieu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft.

Screw the human race, I gots oldskool Soviet vaccinations.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    there reason why hoax on internet is really dangerous
    put further back rumors can kill some thing
    as for medical thing IMO it just usual thing

9. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    I had pneumonia once for a few days, and at that time I was given antibiotics. All the other times I have had the flu ? Pills you could buy in any pharmacy.
    True, flu can become pneumonia, but if they give antibiotics for every flu , then they'll build up a resistance to those antibiotics, and if they then spread that antibiotic-resistant flu on to other people, it'll create a larger problem.

Frankly, any weak but still affecting disease , let's say a slight fever, which very few would find a serious problem with , could kill you, if they distract you at a dangerous moment in travel or work . It's probably rare, but it's still possible.

10. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Maintain a healthy lifestyle and you'll be hardly even get sick in the first place.

11. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    That would actually create more problems if you get the spanish flu, which was about tricking your immune system into attacking yourself and it killed many.
    The Black Death as well, admittedly the european hygiene wasn't really good at that time, but it struck people from all walks of life.

Basically, there are just some diseases you can't do much about except pray you never get them, but if you do, hope you're one of the lucky survivors. Healthy lifestyles can help you keep healthier and avoid other diseases that would weaken your immune systems just in case some other major disease hits you as well when weakened. But don't be healthy and expect to naturally avoid any serious epidemics due to it.

Lurking likes this.
  12. Adieu

Adieu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ALL flu is antibiotic-resistant.... because influenza is a VIRUS

PotatoZero, Lurking and Wujigege like this.
  13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    What he said.
    I was wanted to be a medical doctor so I incorrectly assumed what I consider common knowledge to be common. Sadly, it's not.
    People don't understand that vaccines are so important because you cannot cure viral diseases(most of them).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Lurking likes this.
  14. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Flu can gestate more thoroughly due to presence of other things such as bacterial infection. When fevers do not come down after common medication doctors would suspect it's a bacterial infection setting in. There's a bacteria inside the body categorized as opportunistic bacteria. Look it up. In the event of illness where body weakened they took over and interfere with immune system preventing it to combat disease effectively.
    Nowadays it's common for doctors to prescribe antibiotics to patient that suffer from fevers more than three days since fall ill even that they usually began to recover within their third and fourth day.

15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your explanation is really good.
    I'm ashamed to admit, but to this day I was still confused of what is vaccine and antibiotics.

Lurking likes this.
  16. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah thats my understanding and I am glad it helped you.

But I could be wrong, remember I am not a doctor.

I think I gained this info from questioning nurses/doctors at yearly physical over a few years, if you do the yearly doctors appointment I suggest asking the nurse or doctors in the office for clarification, since misinformation is dangerous.

And getting information second hand is like a game of telephone, it mutates from person to person.

17. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I keep finding misinformation sites.. that have christian something or other foundation in the title. Its giving me really bad vibes about christians. I ran into 3 within 2 hours while I was researching some religion stuff, and the misinformation websites about the nonchristian religions were all claiming to be verified by some church or other. Funny, considering I was researching my religion and thus knew the misinformation was false. Who knows how many misinformation sites I run into and don't realise it since the misinformation is not something I would have my own data on. Now I refuse to consider any website with church in its name as a good source.

Reagents, I think you took 'weakened version of the sickness in vaccine' too literally.

From my understanding
    The virus is the virus, you just get a shot with a miniscule amount of the virus, a non-lifethreatening amount, that also lives in medicine that would help you beat the virus, like a buff in a videogame.

18. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    What's your point ?

19. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes if you got terrible influenza and doctors prescribed you with antibiotics be sure not to use them as they don't cure influenza.

20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It is even more ridiculous in some places with "deaths related to vaccines"

"That month’s vaccination round, held for three days in April, culminated in three deaths - one of a polio worker, two of policemen accompanying them."
    It needs to be reiterated that there is no cure!

"But health workers are clear that the vaccinations are important.

They are the only defence against a dangerous childhood disease which invades the nervous system and causes paralysis in one in 200 cases. Polio can be fatal within a few hours if it paralyses the lungs. There is no cure."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/AETmcEnXRC/polio_the_final_battle

Lurking and reagents 11 like this.