Discussion Advice for Driving

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ram5, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you solve the sleepy problem when you are driving? I'm mostly sing...
    Also how do speculated the distance of your car with other object while you turn in a tight corner or when you want to park? Is there special technique or just base on instinct? (of course this without other to help)

Yul B Allwright likes this.
  2. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't drive after drinking alcohol and you'll be fine :blob_grin:

Jokes aside, getting accustomed to using side view mirrors is a big help. Once you get into that habit, it becomes easier to park or overtake or go round a bend.

3. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
    I you driving alone, took a rest and sleep.

ru5ty likes this.
  4. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    if you mean the "I'm sleepy after work" or "I'm sleepy in the morning" i solved that by buying peanuts, pringles, and mostly snacks to snack on my way home...

If you mean after drinking, the only right answer is to push to the bottom that pedal!

On the other stuff...

I mostly guide by instinct + spatial awareness (Nice skill i found when studying programing, don't ask me why I found that since i obviusly wasn't studying what i should)......

And onwards to parking, there is a gif on the internet about how to park, it shows how to do it exactly, nice stuff, it helped me master a skill i couldn't in 6 years....I still don't use that new skill though, but when i have to it works wonders

5. Edy3

Edy3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Other than mentioned for sleeping, I rise the volume of music or open the windows. But for sure if you are too sleepy it is better to just park on the side and take a short nap.

For the second thing, the best thing is attaching a small wide angle mirror on the end of your side mirrors. It can give you a good view for taking turns and parking. Other that this it is just practice.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4y5xiUkkaijUjJx5A
    [​IMG]

6. Nyaight

Nyaight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You will probably suffocate yourself if you try to rest inside a car with the ac switched off and the windows pulled up; so dont ya dare do that

7. valen

valen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy a hat to keep your hair out of your eyes and roll you windows down + sing it will keep you awake that's what I do

Tip for driving in tight corners or low visibility when you are looking out the front of your car visually mark where the painted line "intersects" with the hood of your car that way if your in a storm,fog,night you dont need to worry about going off road.
    Eventually it just becomes a type of sense

8. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    White noise makes you sleepy.

(White noise sounds like a fan).

9. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Never had a long drive time. But had accompany the driver at a long drive. So i can observe him
    Mostly he rest or sleep when we arrive at the point of the destination , recharging for the long drive.
    So, dont push it too far and remember resting

10. Yul B Allwright

Yul B Allwright Not a suspicious person

Reading List:
    Link
    Well on long drive, i usually stop at a cafe to rest for a while and drink some coffe.
    Driving while listening to music could help too. But if you're really sleepy then it's better to stop and rest a little.:blobuwu:

11. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually when I do a long drive with little sleep I'll start off with some high energy music like most things from nanahira, and then when that stops working to keep me awake I'll switch to a podcast like welcome to nightvale. If I'm alone I'll sing, yell random Japanese phrases, or just scream at the top of my lungs. Once those go out I call someone to talk to on my phone, or throw on a recorder and narrarate everything / plan a novel I'll never get around to writing.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Solve getting sleepy when driving? You don't solve it, you embrace it. Or you can park somewhere and take a nap. In Ai-chan's case, taking a nap beforehand gives Ai-chan like 2 hours of waking time when driving.

For your second question, you just have to experience it yourself. It's normal not understanding this at first, but once you've reached 100 hours of driving time, you should be able to do this by instinct.

13. Adieu

Adieu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Energy drinks, parking sensors, cameras, aftermarket panoramic mirrors, tow mirrors, etc

Backup cameras are great. It's literally easier to parallel park a fullsize extended length SUV like a Lincoln Navigator L with a camera vs. a compact sport sedan without one

14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Clear your mind, focus on the road, drive with care.

If you go to the party bring your friend, if you end up drunk your friend can still drive.:cookie:

15. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    In driving school we were thought to start turning when we reached a certain part of the cart for sideways parking. It depends on the car though and I forgot about it, I just try to guess.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    pull over then sleep
    listen to music
    Highly not recommended! keep going the odd you crash is fifty-fifty, based on personal experience sometimes you end on hospital or your destination or end up nowhere

well if sleepy from tired just take a rest for one hour