Discussion What is SCHOOL for?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PedoBear Version 2.0, Jun 20, 2019.

1. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link

Just a random grumbling of a lazy student...
    School is stressful, spending 8 hours a day in school is simply tiring. Trying your best to reach the expectation of others for 12 years straight in your lifetime drives me crazy. Some people on the older generation would simply ignore my complaint as "me being immature" and reason out that they also experienced it and managed to graduate from it so why can't I do it too? C'mon you being able to do it is admirable but it doesn't change the fact that school is still difficult.You realising the horror of reality and being worried about the future your not certain of is already taxing your brain but added on to the top of that the nagging of your parents, problem about your relationship and lastly your school that would fry your brain by cramming out loads of various kind of knowledge and suck away your precious youth . It's really scary you know? Sometimes i wonder if suicide is a better choice, but even that can cause more problem so i wouldn't really recommended that..

Edit: Dont worry, Im perfectly rational. Its not like I tried to think of doing suicide and considered first its effect and that it would only burden your family, makes you look foolish, and simply escaping from your responsibility,not really! Never ever once did I think of it!

Kazuel_Hellscythe likes this.
  2. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if i should take it seriously comming from pedo bear :blobwoah::blobunsure::blobsmirk:

3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I only know school eat money

PedoBear Version 2.0 likes this.
  4. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Extortion your money for a scrap of paper to validate ur existence, u brainwash u to a becoming a slave tosociety, and to occasionally pass knowledge.

5. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, school is a joyful place to get new friends. :blobhero:

6. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Suicide is never the answer .

Do you have enough friends at school?
    I think you need someone to talk with in real life. School is more fun if you have someone to talk with that have similar interests.

7. DanielUchiha

DanielUchiha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion school itself is not the problem, at least based on how I think it's supposed to work. The real problem I think is our current system of education, where emphasis is placed on passing rather than learning and your success is measured by if you passed and not what you learned.

In my case, my father made learning fun for me. The way he approached education made it less of a chore and more like an exploration, and school was simply a place to go get the answers or the tools that would enable me to get the answers.

8. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn normies, Raijuu go explode!!!

9. Moonshadowdragon

Moonshadowdragon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    school is a building full of babysitters for adults to use as they r working

10. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    School is actually about that, handling median doses of different types of stress, the knowledge is bullshit in most cases, you DO need a base of knowledge to be able to function in our society however you also need to learn how to handle several of other types of things, how to read someone (does that person has good or bad intentions, is that person good or bad at their jobs), how to react to unfair things, how to deal with targeted stress.
    School is actually the preface to university or work and I CAN assure that after school everything becomes MORE stressful and you need those tools to deal with things better. On school you may have a bully and someone that is good at brown-nosing, at work bullies will be the guys trying to fuck you over from different sides (even if you don't know them you can be made a patsy for their faults and there are always people like that) and you will have the useless but well connected leeches too (brown-nosing to the extreme). You also face nepotism and office intrigue (who is dating who, who skims, cheats, lies, etc), you will need your social skills to work on that environment.
    And that is just work, then you have to see about having a house, paying for it, doing monthly and yearly balances to know how much you can spend, handling relationships (in all of their forms, not just girl/boyfriend but with coworkers, the security/delivery/cleaning/etc guys) with different people and that will affect how they see you and how they will react to you. Being slightly (just a bit) psychopathic is good to see this from the outside.
    This is not for you to feel down, you can learn the same in other places and not necessarily you will want to or find yourself living in a stressful environment but you will find yourself in situations along the years and most of the things that things that you learn at school (but are not taught by teachers or manuals) will help. Book knowledge can be acquired elsewhere.

11. tornberry

tornberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    working 8 hours a day is simply tiring as well, no difference there

As for the discussion, in my opinion once a kid is old enough to decide that school means nothing to them (>15 yold), I believe that it is up to them to continue their education or not. It is their life not their parents', but of course it will also meant that they will have an adult responsibility once they decide that they wanted to quit. They cannot leech from their parents forever once they cross that line.

And I'm under the impression that anyone below 15 should just follow what their (normal) parents told them about school. It isn't a lie that they are more experienced than every kids age15 yold and below. As for anything happening inside school be it physical or emotional problems, talk about it to your parents, dont hide it. Let me stress this word; Our parents are more experienced than us.

12. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    First world problems?
    As a person living in a third world country and in the teaching profession, I find this insulting. I've seen the effects of the lack of education in children, they don't know how to read and do simple calculations. I have the pleasure of meeting a 59 year old man lamenting his inability to read as he lives in poverty. But never once has he contemplated suicide as he continues on with the grind. He takes pride in being able to help his daughter finish college as she helps him improve their way of life.
    You should listen to the words of your seniors, you're being immature. School is a grind but it's nothing compared to what awaits you after you finish it.

13. Arkus86

Arkus86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's almost funny how much knowledge you'll never use they cram into your head, all the while completely ignoring other, much more practical areas like financial literacy and how to fill out goddamned tax return.

14. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said that school is unnecessary, my point is it was stressful... It's just a grumbling anyway...

15. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    well, because real life is absurd. and life after school is absurdly not included in your school life.

16. DanielUchiha

DanielUchiha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find you attitude unnecessary, the problem is not education or lack of it. The problem is how the society goes about education. The knowledge is just poured into students and yet they are expected to comprehend all of it. If that's not unreasonable then I don't know what is.

No matter what you're trying to teach someone, if the person lacks interest in the subject then he will learn nothing, and from my personal experience most teachers lack the ability to make education interesting. Without that interest, it simply becomes a chore. So you expect someone to wake up in the morning and spend eight to nine hours doing something they have no interest in and cannot see the immediate use of, just because others think it would be useful. That's unrealistic.

ishira and PedoBear Version 2.0 like this.
  17. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also from a third world country and also did my share of teaching. What you seem to be missing is that the base knowledge is not the only one taught, a base of literacy and numbers is needed, sure some geography, basic biology, physics and literature too but that is enough to cover only 1 or 2 year of school. Do you remember what you learned when you went to school? ALL of it?
    I don't and I'm 30. 12 years later I forgot all the formulaes for math and physics, most of the hydrosphere and how mountains where formed. Not to mention all the wrong knowledge that was taught as true and good (chemistry and how the electrons are placed in orbits to check how they will mix, that the tongue has selective placed to differentiate specific tastes, etc).
    The problem with schooling is that it has been proven that is not the best way to do it, but no one actually changes that because you are playing with the lives of others and if you fuck up you really fuck up. There are countries in which they are changing how they teach and they are better at knowledge, there are also other ways to learn all the social abilities that you learn in school but still nothing changes and that is depressing.

Arkus86 and DanielUchiha like this.
  18. fati fleur

fati fleur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'am a teacher and just started my carier this year
    i'm trying to think of something comforting to tell you but i don't now what to say i'am already this grown up(25-26) and i still feel the same as you its like study and work eat out of our life making life so difficult to bear
    I don't deal with it anyway i just live with it
    Sorry my native language is not English

19. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    No one watched the video??

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  20. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    "That's unrealistic" That's something I can agree with. I teach in a village in the middle of the mountains (Where you have to find reception to connect to the internet), resources are something we sorely lack. We try our best to make teaching "interesting" but we have to squeeze out our meager salaries just to have enough teaching materials in order to make our lessons interesting. Hey if I have the abundant resources your country gives to your school system I could make teaching a fun experience... but in reality it's unrealistic. We have to live with the guilt of being unable to have the students retain the knowledge we try to teach them.

Arkus86 likes this.