Discussion By 2050 we will lose our major source of oxygen.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    (Imma leave this thread here) :blobpeek:
    I’m literally in tears. This video has made my day and definitely taught me somethings I didn’t already know.

Honestly, this is something sad to think about. Also, it’s scary. Kids of this generation won’t have nice air to breath. And things would probably get more worse.

However, for I’d be 49 years old at 2050. It’s still something to think about even if it’s pretty far.
    Here’s the video:

EDIT: okay guys, I know we won’t die and the world won’t end that fast. We humans will continue to live despite the conditions we put ourselves in.

Besides the earth will somehow mange with out us if we all somehow did die of a disease or war, nuclear war.

Anya ya don’t have to watch the video. It’s mostly about the reefs and the 3 main causing them to disappear.
    1. The pesticide runoff into the the reefs.
    2. Plastic and human waste.
    3. Climate change.

It talks about different organizations doing conservation efforts. Tells you about the sun screen that doesn’t haven chemicals that harm the reefs.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Lurking, Fossil, DontLookDown and 6 others like this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...yay, no offsprings~ humans had finally done it! We don't need meteorites, aliens, mother nature or whatsoever, all we need is ourselves to kill ourselves~

Or we rapidly evolve into beings that uses other gas to "breathe", embryonic fluids for everyone!

Novela, Japorea, orematcha and 7 others like this.
  3. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... I should buy some stocks on any company that will invent an oxygen generation machine then...

4. ToshinRaizen

ToshinRaizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not to worried about this I’m more worried about nuclear war because all it takes it one crazy person to use one then everyone will.

It will be like the opening scene of star ocean the last hope

5. Chryseum

Chryseum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel so bad, I'm actually being proud about probably being single forever and not creating new life. R.I.P. Earth.

Lurking and Donutmindme like this.
  6. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I find it better to just not worry about it. There are too many things that can kill just me and my family, let alone the whole human race.

7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I've personally invented a machine that converts CO2 to Oxygen, it's called a plant. Want to invest? This revolutionary technology even mass produces itself as long as the environment is met. How about it?

8. Chronos Bee

Chronos Bee Descendant of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't have time to watch a 50min video so can anyone make a recap for me?

9. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh...

...so? Your proposal to fix this that'll waste a ton of money, benefit a select few, tank an economy, and does almost nothing to solve the stated problem?

Igneus, drewjn, Drake98 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every generation, there will be an "end of the world" scare by someone. Seen it 3 times already. In the early 80s, it was nuclear war/ice age, in the 90s it was "Ozone depletion" (go look it up, they predicted that the world's ozone layer would have been depleted by now), then it was Global Warming and rising sea levels (which led to shows like Waterworld), then El Nina/El Nino and now Oxygen Depletion. Oh yes, and oil was supposed to have been used up by now.

Not to say that some of the issues are concerning, but "WE'REALLGOINGTODIE!!!" has been used way too often by people trying to threaten others to pay attention to the issues they feel is important. Or they really believed that they were going to die which did not happen.
    We'll survive. Human beings adapt, even if we have to build underground hematically sealed cities.

Kuro_0ni, Lurking, Geor and 14 others like this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ain't there R&Diots said they created something like that by ripping fresh chloroplast off of plants and stick it onto plastic?

Lurking likes this.
  12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    2050? I might already be dead by then. :blobwoah:

lohwengk, Westeller, Chryseum and 2 others like this.
  13. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    frankly it will just serve as karma for us

14. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Nonononono, the more Kars there are, the faster oxygen depletes! :p

15. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it is an achievement if they did that *and kept the thylakoid membrane alive!* It's not like ripping out organs is condusive for keeping them alive.

0000000 likes this.
  16. ishira

ishira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, most people don't litter, but it's the waste management and services that litter on the planet.

For example, there are people selling services for cleaning septic tank, and send it to be processed at waste processing plant. But actually they dump the content to the river to avoid paying the waste processing cost.

See? It will be a futile battle as long as people like that still around.

17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, we can fix this issue without wasting a ton of money and actually help improve the economy. We already have the technology, and the cost of it has already dropped to affordable levels and continues to drop. At this point it's more of general awareness of where we stand technologically, all the red tape and etc. And of course time.

I do agree that framing things as "end of the world" gets very polarizing. All of those are important issues that need to be addressed, and we humans will address them with time. But by trying to overblown things out of proportion actually hinders the goal, not helps it. Because the scare creates a lot of ignorant people who don't actually understand the issue, and the opponents just point out the flaws of these ignorant people to make the issue seem non-existant.

You mean the hydrogel thing?

18. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    i
    dont
    trust
    this
    crap

every year it's another doomsday. fuck off

19. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    It is kind of nonexistant. Human beings don't really need that much oxygen to survive. As an example, those people living at high altitudes in places like the Alps and the Himalayans all have adapted to a much lower oxygen level than most of us, if we went up there, most of us will get altitude sickness due to lack of adaptation but they survive, which proves that humans can survive at lower oxygen levels. Or a more common example, CPR. The air you exhale has enough oxygen in it even after you "used" it to support another person, which is one of the key facets of how CPR can save lives.

It really isn't a problem.

I call copyright infringement!! I've been working on this project for decades and I have the potted plants to prove it!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
    lohwengk, Chryseum and Donutmindme like this.
  20. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like clickbait fam. My stance on all "the world is ending" statements is typically "No, the world is fine, we are fucked". But in this specific case, losing some of our oxygen production is not going to be a huge problem for us as a species, we're a highly adaptable species.

Igneus and Donutmindme like this.