Discussion By 2050 we will lose our major source of oxygen.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Jun 21, 2019.

1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I was talking about the parent issue (global warming). I'm guessing the video is implying that water temperatures will kill off the phytoplankton.

Donutmindme likes this.
  2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    im on a tibetan plateau. 2700meters high. lack of oxygen is real

Lurking, candycane_whack and UnGrave like this.
  3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly won't watch the video but add in something that works for all videos like this.

Over-exaggerated.

All these issues while a problem are not nearly as concerning as they make you believe they are. All these videos also do not take into account that we will eventually if not already have measures in place to counter the negative effects of theses proposed issues.

Just saying. I've seen a few "We all gonna die by (insert time) if we don't make this our #1 concern" videos and political pushes.
    Still here i am happy to say and we did nothing to stop them... relatively nothing. No special focus was given to them.
    There are others when you look into the research more closely you see a bunch of things being assumed to make the picture look worse and others things ignored for the same effect.

Just saying, let us not sound the alarms quite yet.

4. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No because it too slow to be mass produced, ready for use, it waste too much space to be effective, plus it needs dirt and maintenance, and so it is not worth it at all.

I am looking for a more artificial method that is cheaper, faster, and run on electricity.

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so you are the one who stole our trade secrets! And you even pointed out where the evidence is! Expect our lawyers to contact you soon.

Donutmindme likes this.
  6. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually that’s false. Only 10% of scientific studies between 1965 - 1979 tales about cooling or that there would be an ice age in a few centuries. That lie about scientific community agreed on the cooling bit has been debunked already
    https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s.htm

Westeller and Donutmindme like this.
  7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Any person or group that makes a video like this usually is looking either for people who'd happily follow them because "you can do good if you follow my views" or they're after money using the same reasoning. Sometimes, it's both.

The trouble with stuff like this is that they want the idealistic path without being in touch with the reality of what would be required for the most practical and least upsetting option.

Westeller, Chryseum and Donutmindme like this.
  8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    4:25, throws bottle into ocean.

GG.

How to save world by polluting the ocean.

9. lohwengk

lohwengk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuclear war: USSR went bankrupt and eventually split up, and fortunately decided NOT to go MAD and drag the rest of the world down. The US happily dumped their increasingly expensive nuclear stockpile to pump more money into their economy.

Ozone layer depletion: halted by getting the relatively easy fix of replacing the major cause of it, CFCs, with another chemical.

Global warming: still in progress. No fix in sight. All easy actions are now too little too late. Major effects have already been detected - rising sea levels, climate changes, increasing problems in agriculture.

Oil used up: cheap oil was indeed used up. What we have now is new technology to pump up the dregs of old oil fields and more expensive deep sea oil fields, oil shales and oil sands. No viable alternative has yet been found to replace oil as energy and oil to make plastic and composite materials. No new major sources of oil has been found.

PotatoZero and Donutmindme like this.
  10. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww: what a breakthrough invention..truly beneficial for mankind

Donutmindme likes this.
  11. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is assuming it doesn’t happen humans will somehow end up killing something anyways.
    Yes, of course, there are many things that could kill us in our day-to-day lives.
    So basically...Corals reefs are slowly disappearing. Because of this it effects whole ecosystems because the coral reefs are a major source of oxygen, Shelter, and other nutrients to marine life.

And because the temperature has risen 1° this process is speeding up. A lot waste in the ocean cause a lot of damage well. The shark population is declining, which it’s a key stone species. If you don’t have enough sharks in your reefs that obviously means the health of your reef is bad.

And other species are on the decline as well. Also, a lot of the plastic ends up in fish and other animals.

Human eat those fishes.

You know the saying, “what comes around goes around.”

That’s all.
    Actually by fixing this problem it actually benefits a lot of ppl. If all reefs are gone that means it will be hard to fish, then the prices of fish will rise because of that.

The local economy would do bad for those areas. So by fixing this it will save a lot of money of the consequences of not fixing it.
    Actually it’s many things contributing to this. It’s not jus’ cars. It’s deforestation, and human waste growing and harming ecosystems.
    Which eventually comes back and bites us in the ass.
    Yep, that is certainly true. Especially at the rate human waste is growing as well. The numbers jus’ keep going up.

Yeah, I don’t see this changing as well.

Lurking likes this.
  12. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t forget mass migrations because of the increasing see levels, more extreme weather. Like what, three hurricanes in a season?

Edit: I don’t think the hurricane thing is right tho.

13. Mazino

Mazino The final chapter.

Reading List:
    Link
    to be fair, coral is not one of those things i'll admit i just skipped through the video, but while we are not all going to die, the bleaching and destruction of coral reefs pisses me off cause the pretty fish and wild life look like deserts under the oceans with no color. Kinda glad conservation efforts are being made in these places. Unfortuantely i don't live near an ocean.

Donutmindme likes this.
  14. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    isnt Kars in space at the moment?

Donutmindme likes this.
  15. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, we won’t die from this well jus’ suffer. But it is sad it see all the color and life drain away.

I’m also glad conservation effort are being made because they are important. They are beautiful.

I’d think it’s sad that if it’s all gone by then, future generations went ever get to see it. Or even know about for that matter...

16. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Invest

17. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    in what?

18. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In companies that will find a solution to this catastrophe

19. xqiko

xqiko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i was actually concern about climate change and global warming and stuff but after doing some research i stop caring about it. It'll take more then 5000 years for all the ice to melt.Our government doesn't care or do much about it now. I'll be long gone before anything gets done, global warming is now, due to the irregular of hot and cold movement pattern air in the atmosphere, natural disasters such as forest fires, floods, thunderstorm, hurricane,tornado are happening more frequently.

Donutmindme and Lurking like this.
  20. candycane_whack

candycane_whack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Real or not, I'm with the previous comment stated. We'll eventually kill ourselves, I guess at this point it's more of a take-your-pick kind of situation blobmelt_thumbs

At least I know where I'll be headed, curtisy of the crazy church lady next door.:blobowoevil_horns:

Donutmindme and Lurking like this.