Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good chapter.

Just me or just because it was needed in the story or Eku has a fetish of OneexLoli just like Itou Hachi ?

Ubik likes this.
  2. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    finally finished playing Nurse Love Syndrome in English. I played it raw with machine translation years ago...and I'm somewhat happy what I interpret from the translation was not really off.
    The story focus a lot more on the life of a nurse, the romance part only kicks in near the end of each route...before that its a lot of drama. The writing could be better but I guess Kogado did improve with the spirit sequel, Nurse Love Addiction.
    the bad endings in Syndrome were just heart-breaking (minus for 1...which was a little funny to me).

can't wait for their newest vn, Yurimaster to get English translation. In the meantime, I should finish Kindred Spirits and Lilycle.

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It think it's not so bad case of it....... There are no such great difference in age at least. But mostly always the pair has height difference. In mostly all author works: in that anthology, Whispering You a Love Song, in Miyuri's Shiro-chan and even untranslated one.
    So in overall you recommend them?
    Highly recommend this one. I liked MC and how she slowly pushes other pairs to become together from behind the scenes. MC is very likeable in character. Overall lightheartedness was good too, even drama was near light one level and fast resolves. Pair diversity was big plus too. And game was huge for VN (in all different PoV and side stories).
    Also you only for japanese themed ones? Did you check Highway Blossoms for example.

--------------
    TL of When I Became a Girl, an Unexpected Love Quarrel Occurred! looks like chooses what to translate next.
    GB yuri story called "They Said My Status Stayed the Same Even Though I Reincarnated in Another World!?" raws
    One day, a 10-year-old girl, named Fari von Dazzwell remembered that she was once a man named “Nanjou Yukiho” reborn from Japan to a different world.

Although they expected “The status would stay the same even though you’re reincarnated to another world.” Fari actually has an exceptional magical gift. Moreover, having the status of a noble’s daughter. They said nothing would change, but just about everything has changed!

Because of her talent, her father sent her to take the “Royal Hunter Academy” assessment test, and try to enter the school.
    During her entrance exam, she made friends with a mysterious blonde girl named “Rigurett”
    However as soon as she got into the school, her life got much more hectic.
    Fari just wanted a normal life, but everyday she is just too busy!

This is the story of a girl named Fari who used to be Nanjou Yukiho living in a world filled with swords and magic, called Phantasm.
    Author: Sakurakiri Kohaku (桜霧琥珀)
    Genre: High Fantasy

Tags: Yuri, Reincarnated into a different world, Everyday life, adventure, romance, fantasy, female protagonist, gender bender, male to female, medieval times, Cheat, Magic.
    There is two chapter teaser here but teaser is in point where story is not getting anywhere.
    Also in raw novel information there is mention that it could be harem.
    also somehow TL missed that from summary:
    As soon as she enter the school, she form a team with Fari's sister, the vampire 'Quela' and her friend's beastman 'Anne'.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  4. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeeeeeh ! For some reason i really remember this story but at the same time not ! I remember the scarf and sleeping together but later not for some reason ! Even the ending with Shiro melting a little was unfamiliar to me !

Also i say OneexLoli because there was also a oneshot with Onee Maid x Ojou Loli in OneexLoli anthology:
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/482200

Ubik likes this.
  5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also missed that oneshot before, only watched it after looking through author works.
    Then "Houston, we have a problem".
    That is cover from untranslated one.

[​IMG]

Also I saw that you unearthed new yuri translator. Good job :blobsalute:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  6. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    blobmelt_thumbs Too lewd for the OP, unfortunately, but very nice~!

(Sorry for the delayed response. I've only had my phone for the past few days because I was staying with my girlfriend, and clicking reply on mobile won't show images.)

Sabruness likes this.
  7. kaizerrolls

kaizerrolls Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm new here. I started translating a GL novel called My Disciple Consumes Too Much and was advised to post here. It's a funny transmigration story. I posted the first chapter today and I'll have the next one up next week. If you're interested, you can read it at sapphicdalliance(dot)wordpress(dot)com. I hope you enjoy it and want to chat with me about it in the comment section!

Here's the summary for it:
    When Shu Tang, a sickly young woman, fell ill and passed away in the 21st century, she thought she would finally be able to drink a bowl of Meng Po’s soup, take a trip across the Neihe bridge, and not be such a sickly person in her next life. But, after her soul left her body, forget about Meng Po’s soup, she didn’t even see soup dregs before being transmigrated into the body of a pig! After being adopted by Fuyu Shangxian, one of the three great immortals and heaven’s peerless beauty, hilarity ensues.

8. Melina Red

Melina Red Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't find this novel on NU or wordpress Please put link.

9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! :blobparty: :blobtaco: Enjoy your stay.
    Summary is funny at least. Will give it a try.
    User is new and can't put exact links yet (need 5 messages IIRC). kaizerrolls did it through added(dot) in above post.
    So I'll do it instead:
    Novel - first chapter is already up. Chapter 1: Piglet
    Character list
    No NU link yet because it still needs time to approve.

Melina Red likes this.
  10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the first chapter and all i can fathom to say is that this novel seems absurdly surreal hilarious. The summary mentions a piglet and it's being literal. That's only half of the weirdest thing mentioned just in the first chapter. :aww::blobrofl::blobdizzy::blobastonished::blobwoah::blobrofl::cookie:

Ubik and The Hamster Overlord like this.
  11. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, I recommend them. xD
    though like i said, the yuri in Syndrome isn't very strong till the route drama start. MC can be unbearable at times though.

I dont mind JP or ENG games...but I find myself hard to like kinetic novels with no choices at all -w-;

Ubik likes this.
  12. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Any esteemed men and women of culture here tried Original Sin on Scribly? It seems to be a GL vampire drama about a vampire hunter and... prolly a vampire? I myself dig these kinds of stories with bloodsuckers very much (Killing me! was pretty damn good and Kyuketslii-chan to Kouhai_chan was so damn... fun? Not to mention the already dropped/hiatus'd A soul's new home which was just great). From the summary I have great expectations of this story but as I'm always short on time I wish to ask for your help. So, anybody tried it yet? Anybody courageous enough to try?

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  13. kaizerrolls

kaizerrolls Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was interesting and funny in first chapter, but recent reading of MTL raws of CN novels that are translated taught me that plot could take very different course in style and genre.
    Thanks for recommendations I think I'll get them on steam summer sale.
    If you don't like kinetic without choices then I think you will be rather disappointed in Kindred Spirits and another one. It more closely to Sono Hanabira steamrailed series were choices doesn't mean anything mostly. Highway Blossoms too is very nice ride but also without a choice.
    So, instead I'll suggest then - Starlight Vega where choices matter with whom MC end with and plot deviations. Escape from the Princess - very different endings with choices. And something simple, for example some game from Sakura group like recent ended Sakura MMO series (1-3) link to bundle where choices only determine who MC will end with (with harem path in 3rd).
    There were pseudo choices novels like psychedelic lovecraftian The Miskatonic.
    I had mentioned that story here about week ago, after recent chapter only agree with opinion before: link to post

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    my commiserations for the sacrifice of your valiant braincells :blobsad::blobsad::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobcheeky:

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I should be sleeping but can't, so I've updated the competition rules to try and entice more people and updated the OP.
    Winners now also get their main author website/writing profile linked to in the OP when they win. Hopefully the promise of more general advertising will interest authors who prefer other genres.
    I'm not satisfied with the OP but I'm too tired to figure out what needs changed. :blobflag: If you can help me out by checking it out and telling me what you think, I'd be super grateful~! (Link to make things easier: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-yuri-garden.28548/#post-1120109)

Edit: I also finally learned that the correct way to request a poll to be removed is through reporting the OP. :blobdead: Well, after keeping last year's poll around like permanent Christmas decorations, we finally have the space back~!
    I promise not to leave it there until the next competition. :blobwhistle:

Welcome~! :blobparty:

That's a great group name. Actually, sapphic is my favourite woman loving woman word. It's sounds so pretty... :blobmelt:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    kaizerrolls and AliceShiki like this.
  17. Three Headed Blue Cerberus

Three Headed Blue Cerberus [Hell Gate Keeper][God of Lust and Sloth]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why I feel Yuri is the culprit of Good guy turn into good 'gay' ?

18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what you mean, but please ensure that you've read the Yuri Garden's rules before posting here.

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. Three Headed Blue Cerberus

Three Headed Blue Cerberus [Hell Gate Keeper][God of Lust and Sloth]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't get me wrong , I like yuri things as long as not the opposite one

20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Today was my local Pride march and thus my "official" real Pride day~! Marching across a city under the midday sun is exhausting and I have a headache now, so I think I'm going to go and lie down after this...

Anyway, I wanted to share this celebration with you by sharing what little Pride-related yuri pictures I have.

2c63b91cdc0319a6450a1ace13e9ef68.png 88fc1a2a935bf3dad2a5a3c735693eb1.jpg 57703d09cebae3fad4ccde6ad18262f0e7e30a16_hq.jpg tumblr_padn7a67f31svxme7o1_1280.jpg

Ubik likes this.