LCD Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Noodle Lover

Noodle Lover Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You would be right based on the drama and spoilers I've read.

I am loving the references to GTY's military deeds in Chapter 104. You can see why he became powerful in such a short space of time. War really was a time of opportunity for those who wanted to advance themselves. Minglan marrying GTY would have provided strong connections for the Sheng family.

For those keeping an eye on references to Ming Lan"s age as I do, note in Chapter 104 it's mentioned she's a few months shy of 15.

kuu0haku and SM3LLY like this.
  2. Eddie1080

Eddie1080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, your idea is so funny. Is the MCs in anime always like this?

3. Eddie1080

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] Haha, it is said that "The Story of Minglan" can be called the Chinese version of "Townton Abbey". Both of these two stories are about three sisters in an aristocratic family who struggle for a better life and self-growth. I think this is really an appropriate contrast, don't you think so?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SM3LLY likes this.
  4. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hm~ translator is mistaken. kang yuan is not a new person, she's the cousin that bullies her concubine born sisters and was finding fault with minglan not giving her more of her tea from her friend in the country, iirc.

both molan and minglan hate her, because when she comes home she turns rulan against them.

hm~ fucking molan. she should be punished terribly for ruining everyone's marriages... tho honestly, i think rulan dodged a bullet, the kang family is poor and mean.

Kalmaegi, kuu0haku and SM3LLY like this.
  5. SM3LLY

SM3LLY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel such a sense of relief that the Molan Shoe has finally dropped and Im waiting on the other one because I'm having a hard time imagining GTY getting personally involved unless theres some sort of military movement/treason involved.

IDK I still feel kinda bad for Molan, like obviously she made some BAD choices but I can't imagine her pulling this off by herself. Concubine Lin's touch is all over this and even though we don't see much of her and Molans relationship I can only imagine its like a Stage MotherX5000

lighting a candle for Old Madam Sheng who has to clean up this clusterf**k as the only experienced and competent team member.

@Magicwafflez ty so much for figuring that out I have the worst time keeping all of the different relatives straight

Kalmaegi, Magicwafflez and kuu0haku like this.
  6. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I never thought much about it... probably during comical scenes they are like that or probably always...

In the present chapter I imagined molan getting into the bed of young master Liang but the situation was much simpler and was quite effective. I still can't see Gu Tingye getting involved unless he comes and proposes marriage which is unlikely.
    How did concubine Lin even get the courage to pull that kind of play?? Is there no harsh punishment for such an action? I really don't get it why concubine Lin thought there would be no consequences for her actions or was she aiming for those consequences?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  7. SM3LLY

SM3LLY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i was definitely getting flashbacks to all of the different schemes Molan and Concubine Lin have done. I'm assuming that the goal is to be sad and pitiable so Master Sheng punishes Wang-shi and dotes on the mother-daughter team again.

But I agree even the best possible outcome here tars Molan's reputation , (ie the entire Sheng family), pretty black. The whole thing is super short-sighted and dumb. I'm wondering what made them so desperate to act? theres gotta be some motivating factor(besides the obvious) that we just don't know about.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    It can be as simple as the two of them don't actually care about their reputation as much as the rest of the family does.
    They probably think that all that matters is getting Molan a high ranking marriage by any means, both for Molans sake and for concubine Lin who could benefit from that connection now that she has been losing favour with Sheng Hong.

Magicwafflez, SM3LLY and Kalmaegi like this.
  9. SM3LLY

SM3LLY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I lose more respect for Sheng Hong every chapter :blobexpressionless:

Im feeling optimistic going off of the very descriptive chapter title tho. Heres hoping this is the section where Concubine Lin finally gets some ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*C o n s e q u e n c e s *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

amq, kuu0haku and Magicwafflez like this.
  10. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    i had no respect for sheng hong when he did absolutely nothing after minglan's mom mysteriously died in her care. he has always been blantly bias towards her kids. even tho he knew that favoring a concubine over his wife is terrible for the family. he deserves every ounce of humiliation he gets.

amq, SM3LLY, Kalmaegi and 1 other person like this.
  11. SM3LLY

SM3LLY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ur right Old Madam is much too kind. She should have aimed for a more auspicious number for begging like 8 or 9.

12. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    hm. snake. getting a maid for shenghong to impregnate in order to hold his reputation hostage. hmph.

i find it rather fitting that linshi and molan are fighting tooth and nail to secure a marriage that minglan begged her grandma to save her from.
    she'll have a fun time fighting with that concubine that minglan was worried she'd be bullied by. :sneaky:

Kalmaegi and kuu0haku like this.
  13. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    It is probably better for the whole family to get the matter solved early though, even if Sheng Hong deserve more humiliation.
    It could be pretty bad if she did require him to beg 9 times, just for him to give up at 8 and then let the whole situation be poorly managed.

14. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Molan....:facepalm:

SM3LLY, Magicwafflez and kuu0haku like this.
  15. Eddie1080

Reading List:
    Link
    Share the photos of Minglan, Gu Tingye, Old Madam Sheng, Sheng Hong, Qi Heng and so on with you all [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

GrimVeilRule and Kalmaegi like this.
  16. The Other Jenny

The Other Jenny New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Minglan! what a girl! such a role model for all of us, xoxo

17. SM3LLY

SM3LLY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Molannn :blobpensive:
    so many bad decisions, such a small amount of self awareness, such a large sense of entitlement
    I can only hope that she just ends up ruling a rich merchant family with an iron fist but somehow i feel like thats not gonna happen....

Kalmaegi and Magicwafflez like this.
  18. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    huh~ i hadn't realized rulan also dodged a bullet with this "calamity".
    in all honesty, molan and madam kang dug their own graves with this shit~

kuu0haku likes this.
  19. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know Rulan can be observant, she just isn't great at articulating it in a way as to not offend people since she's straightforward like her stupid mother. Minglan and Rulan both got rid of unfavorable and distasteful candidates thanks to Molan's arrogance. It is indeed a cause for celebration. :blobpopcorn:

kuu0haku likes this.
  20. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    They made a tv show of this? What name did they call it and were can I watch it?