The best job? Let's talk about the future of jobs.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Jun 25, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This job probably don't exist out there. But the best job for me, is when I wake up, walk into my office or cubic, turn on my computer, and game away on an MMORPG. I would work a max of 6 hours doing a mix of playing and then customer service in the game as an NPC. Haha, imagine if all the NPC is actually played by a human. For all the roles I am responsible for, I would have a mini screenshot of its location and AI alert to inform me of intruders, kill upon sight, or guests, directing them in a quest.
    ---
    Alright, enough of my dream, non-existing, job. What do you think will happen to the job market? Big daddy's companies are not changing their idea of bring in AI bots. Many people will lose their jobs or be price out in the job market. Because the consumers market is so close related with the job market, do you think there would be a shift in what consumers market?

userunfriendly and Fulminata like this.
  2. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Few more years to go [not sure how many though], then it should be available in market.

3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Once all human jobs have been replaced we can essentially just live on welfare and have a couple of people working hard supporting everyone else. Just give those few people a cool title like "the administrator" and let them have whatever they want while the rest of us just support whatever politicians will feed us.

I'm not going to let it turn out this way though, since if anyone would be on top it would be me and I don't want that.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    You know why fantasies are called fantasies... Well that's because they are in the end fantasies that usually don't happen and no i am not saying that this is impossible heck i would love for this to happen but still don't ignore real life and focus on it instead of fantasies that even if they happen will not happen at least not in the near future

And yes there would be a big shift in the consumers market considering most of the people in the world are now playing in games for their jobs:facepalm:

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch Surrogates, there you will find the job of the future.

Or just Warhammer 40k with the great class discrimination and people used as fuel to power the engines for FTL travels.

Fulminata likes this.
  6. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    my dream job is to get paid sleeping and reading.
    as long as it's enough to lead a proper life with the usual enjoyments.

7. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you watched “Epic NPC Man” on YouTube? I think you’d enjoy it...

8. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    that npc idea is seriously brilliant

9. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

I mean, it's definitely a spitball'd idea and would take some work to figure out, but I'd love to see it explored. Maybe limit it to important or special NPCs... It'd really bring the world of an MMORPG to life in a way that AI programming just isn't able to do right now.

cap.toon likes this.
  10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Professional cat patter is the ideal job that will never be replace by AI.

If cats wanted to be patted by AI, they would have made it a long time ago... oh wait...

[​IMG]

11. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    They'll need a lot of engineer, programmer/coder, and mechanics in the future. In the future low level fabrication can be home borne with small crew to maintain production and their upkeep.

12. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    If not for my livelihood i wanna quit my service job. But you want to do service job, in a VIDEO GAME, as NPC. In theory it sounds cool and fun, but eventually there will be endless question and complaints from players sapping your enthusiasm. Players are after all still human inside.

My ideal job is where other people do the job but i reap the profits. Land shark *ahem* financing business.
    Seriously though being a business owner is my dream, though it need vision which i still lack.

13. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Teacher can be nice, you reach people, learn a lot and learn how to be a good teacher, it can be nice if you got kids and teach them everything

14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    eSports team exist. That job definitely exists.
    It is just not common or the game you play does not have an eSports league

15. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a business owner you will have a lot of *shit* spit in your face. Unless you don’t give an f and let your employees handle the stress. You’ll probably end up with a bad rep as a company.

If you want to avoid customer contact, consider investment and related stuff. Or you may want to time travel some hundreds of years back in time to be a plantation owner of slaves; where other can do the jobs and you reap the benefits.

16. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Best job for me... game beta tester for full dive vrmmorpg.

17. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the rest of the people if small crew over see production? There is simply no way people would be given paycheck and no work. On the other hand, Maybe college would no longer be an issue of cost, but state/nation fund?

We don’t have a lot of movies about different community cooperation and all, but what we have is a lot of movies about corruptions, secret dealing, complete control, and infringement of human rights and what we call freedom of choices; which I think we are heading towards.

The elites response to gun violence isn’t fixing it. People are wanting to exchange freedom for security. Recently, a town away, a lawyer almost axe his wife to death. Someone commented that we should make it stricter on who own an axe. Just imagine if one day in the news, someone stabbed another party. People would be stupid enough to say we need to license and patrol who owns a knife of such and such length and such sharpness.

In a world where you have extreme limited choices, you’ll probably be asset for weaknesses and strengths skills and pushed to do the job their data says are best fitted for you.

In the world of intelligent AI, mimicking human behaviors and skill sets to almost perfection—what worth would a human be? What job can a human do that an AI can’t?

If one day, when you go shopping—it’s you loading a cart of stuff, park it in front of a station, and let the AI scan it, pack it, and help you lift it to your car. Or heck, you go through a list of stuff, order, and it will be delivered on time by AI.

You wake up, breakfast is all prep, and you’re greeted by your AI housekeeper. You call to ask about a missing delivery, an AI operator answer and you’ll never be able to tell if you spoke to a human or an AI. You’re on 911 dispatch call and someone made a report about a human experiencing a heart attack—you’ll probably guess it’s an AI nurse aid. When the ambulance shows up, half of the staff is AI. Or maybe the person didn’t experience a heart attack but a gun shot; the police would probably show up with one human and 5 AI.

We have a huge population. I wonder what would happen to them if we need only half or 1/3 of the today’s work force 10 years from now. Would a mass genocide happen right on our front porch and we can’t even tell it’s a genocide?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  18. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes basically culling the making of the society with higher thresholds for middle class and approximately 2/3 people living in the lower class. I presume lower class would have menial manual labor such as mechanics, miner, and farmers which interact directly with material and natural resources. Laborers are exchanged with programmers and engineers that foresee robots doing the tasks occasionally fine tune and maintaining said robots.
    As for the genocide they both happen in a literal meaning with people aboard obliterated off their lands while an indirect genocide happen locally with low birthrate and increasingly expensive medical care. Crushing debt would keep down the social structure from being fluid while it banished the undesirable low earners off the system keeping the bottom end rejuvenated and young.

Fulminata likes this.
  19. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's expected. No job completely erase social contact and friction. at least as a business owner, i can feel that i'm the one in control.

20. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    For real, physicists, chemists, and biologists would be the best bet for the long term. Any types of jobs that are researchers would always be in need. Unless humanity ceased to exist.

reagents 11 likes this.