Recommendations Action packed novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by The Hamster Overlord, Jun 26, 2019.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, over things and I suddenly decided that I wanna read something light but with very good action. A lot of fighting cool moves can be magic can be sci-fi, heck, even modern times slice of life will do. Also, no harem and face-slapping and some not necessarily ground-breaking heave-shaking plot, but I would appreciate something not too stupid

Matteus likes this.
  2. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemme watch this thread...

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuinui and Thanatos15 like this.
  5. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, all my recs are Qidian novels. :blobwoah:

The Devil's Cage
    After the first arc, it gets better. MC starts to get used to his situation and actively looks for ways to get stronger.

Plot involves a lot of "worlds" MC goes to, if you like that kind of world-hopping trope.

MC is lowkey kind of bland since he doesn't have any obvious flaws. He's the kind of steadfast, determined protagonist who doesn't trust easily, but treasures those whom he does. No harem, no romance.

I wouldn't call the plot a masterpiece, but I appreciate the creativity of the author in writing all the types of worlds MC goes to. Not a lot of humor in the story btw.

Overall, the story is pretty fun to read, since I like seeing the MC fight and kill all his enemies, while gaining more abilities and powers. My type of mindless fun, haha.

The Legendary Mechanic
    MC ends up being an NPC in a game he played.

I like the MC's personality. He's got some sass and basically has no shame when it comes to getting stronger / taking advantage of players for exp points. Considering the situation he's in, it'd be stupid to be a "kind" person.

No harem or romance. It's got a few face-slapping moments (but nothing annoying), since MC flies under the radar and hides his power for a while.

Action is pretty cool, because MC's abilities are part of the Mechanic tree in the game, which means he builds his own guns, robots, etc. Basically, he kicks ass and hands out some sass.

Plot is pretty good, and MC takes advantage of his knowledge of future game patches, which means he has a general idea of where the game is headed and can account for the changes.

6. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't i already recommended you Andur's works especially "Beyond?" ?

7. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're up for published novels I'd recommend the Matador series by Steve Perry. The first book is called The Man Who Never Missed. The always future cinematic action/sci-fi/adventure in my head. Very quick but enjoyable reads.

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link