Recommendations Cultivation Novels that don't add unnecessary padding to later chapters

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Darius Drake, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there, this time I'm not looking for something that I doubt exists, but instead I'm looking for something that I expect exists but is in the minority.

I'm looking for Cultivation Novels that don't drone on about one act the MC's doing, be it concocting pills, fighting, weapon-smithing, whatever, for 4+ chapters at a time. That isn't to say that there can't be extended periods where there's regular fights, tournaments and so forth are fine and commonplace, after all; but having a single one-on-one fight that lasts 4 or more chapters, half of which is pointless talking and the other half is explaining how great the MC, or their opponent, is... is boring. Same with weapon-smithing, having more than a single chapter about the MC actively making weapons is pointless and boring, particularly when nothing else is happening and we're not really gaining any new information about anything happening.

Basically, I'm looking for Cultivation Novels that don't add insane amounts of unnecessary padding to everything once it starts to get to the later chapters. I know this exists, Once Upon A Time, There Was A Spirit Sword Mountain manages to do it. If possible, please give me some other examples of it occurring.

2. Eolan

Eolan Totally serious poster

Reading List:
    Link
    The Cradle books.

3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Realm of Myths of legends

Darius Drake likes this.
  4. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Darius Drake likes this.
  5. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Wife is a Beautiful CEO highly recommend the main focus of this story is the MC and his “romances” (sex life) I would say. Cultivation is rarely mention but it is essential to the story and not forgotten. And if you really like shameless and thickskin MC Yan Chen is perfect for you.

God of Cooking this does not have any cultivation per se but lvl mechanics. His way of upgrading his skills is through cooking and practicing other things like composition and taste. This is also set in modern era where MC (korean) flew to New York to join GrandChef ( masterchef equivalent in novel) and be recognized by his parents because they don't approved him being a chef. its funny how the PD and viewers pinned him with anither contestant and instead of a cooking show they made grandchef a romce show.

and any sex cultivation novel you wont get bored with that XD

Darius Drake likes this.
  6. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Brother, I HIGHLY recommend you My House of Horrors. Yes it's horror, but the MC has a fking system to help him. The best thing about it is that the ghosts also get more and more stronger and dangerous as the novel goes, but it never goes stale because they mostly can't talk and every single one of them is hella interesting because they all have their own story. The MC doesn't even get stronger at all apart from a better eyesight or hearing, it's his ghosts that become stronger and his attitude that keeps on getting more and more professional at what he does that actually helps him deal with the enemies. It's also not a world where ghosts are commonly known or recognized, they mostly keep themselves hidden outside the knowledge of most humans. The best part of the story is that the MC frequently interacts with the police because of all the ghost stories he investigates and keep on solving unsettled cases. It was to the point that the entire room of police in the station became silent when he called because they were expecting to handle another case again since he called 3 times already that week.

It's definitely a very good novel to read, especially if you're a cultivation novel reader.

Darius Drake likes this.
  7. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Darius Drake likes this.
  8. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Darius Drake likes this.
  9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Darius Drake likes this.
  10. Ksiti

Ksiti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Darius Drake likes this.
  11. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it over a year ago... or more, but as far as I remember ISSTH was pretty lean as CN go

Darius Drake likes this.