Discussion what novel that can make you infuriate to the point you'll spat out blood or your brain cell will ex

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by FlufflyLittleRabbit, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this is stupid question, but I'm curious what novel that can make you infuriate to the point you'll spat out blood or your brain cell will explode(lol) and why?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
  2. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    You can report this to a mod to change the location to 'general chat' afterwards :coffee:
    @FlufflyLittleRabbit
    just edit it back to the original

3. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Next time just asked the mod to move it. There is no need to delete everything and left behind an empty thread.

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a REPORT link/button on your post. You should use that instead of leaving this thread senseless.

Reverted your post, moved it. Yep, I can do that. See, no need to delete a fully functional thread... Given that someone reported them so I can use the powers bestowed upon me.

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, thank you. Hehe I didn't know because I'm not really familiar in posting a thread here. :(

@LaDyViL
    @OverlyFriendly

6. Cloudseeker

Cloudseeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I ever stuck around long enough to reach that point.;)
    What does make me angry' like you don't want to make me angry' is when you follow a novel only to have it dropped or on hiatus. Especially in the middle of a nailbiting arc.:blobcat_knife:
    Boy, that makes me pissed!:blobangery:

P.S. on a side note, I have begun to tone down on such violent emotions around a year ago. As a Writer, I now understand fellow Authors and translators, god bless their souls, also have a life. As such, they may have genuine reasons to take a break.
    This change of heart occurred when my Readers lambasted me for doing the very same thing. Karma is truly a :blobdog:...lol

Angely and scribbledoutname like this.
  7. Mr.Tiemos

Mr.Tiemos Clifford’s Big Little Cousin, Loves Hugs

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven’t read a novel that truly made me mad, but there was a manga called ‘My Joy’ in that I absolutely hated almost all of the characters (save for one main and one side).

8. babbo3d

babbo3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My kitsune waifu.

9. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    het novels with stupid characters with stupid harems and cliche plots

10. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm.
    Frustrate me to lose my mind and cough up blood and gag and feels like I’m killing myself whenever I read a chapter..?
    Hmm.
    Hmm.
    Hmmmmmm.
    Hmmmm.
    Hmmmm hmm hmm.
    Sorry. I can’t remember. I don’t do, like, irritation? So like if I novel pisses me off to the coughing blood part, I just move on and block it from my memory.

Edit.
    I JUST REMEMBERED.

FUCK THE NOVELS EXTRA.
    FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCKKKKK IT. FUCK THAT TRAHSY PIECE OF SHIT WANNABE HAREM FUCKING STUPID DUKBASS AUTHOR WHOS CATERING TO THE MASSES AND STOPPED BEING HNORIGJAL CAUSE THE ARROGSNR FUCK SAW HOW POPULAR HE WAS GETTING CAUSE HE GOT A LSICENCES RENGLUSH RELEASE TOOz dumb peiece of shit.
    Omfg.
    Fuck that cunt ass main character. Holy shotZ
    HOLY SHITTYT!
    IT STARTEDOFF SO GOOD TOO OMFG IM CRYINF OVER HERE. I wasted so much time reading that shit only for it to get to THIS?! I haven’t even read it in like a long fucking time. But ohhhh myyyyy godddd. From the comments I’m hearing. thank the fucking BL GOD THAT I DROPPED TJAT STUPID HAREM TRASH HSIT NOVEL! Ugh oh my lord.

Edit 2:
    Cough.
    Do you see why I tend to block out some rather terrible novels? Those bitches be playin with mah soul. Fuck them cunts.
    Excuse me. Cough.
    Just those novels are utter, shit.

Angely, one eye, BLKCandy and 3 others like this.
  11. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beta MC stories where the utterly pathetic MC just gets walked all over non-stop. They make my blood boil.

Let's say a hot girl tries to steal a priceless item from this MC. He catches her red-handed, but then she starts crying. MC feels guilty because it's bad to make a girl cry, so he gives her the item. She says it's not enough to make up for what he's done wrong and she wants more compensation, and so the MC gives her his favourite sword and all his money, too. That's the kind of bullshit event that often happens in CN and JP stories when the MC runs into "jade beauties" or bossy girls.

If it was me:

GIVE ME COMPENSATION
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Angely, Ghost_Spawn and Hanten like this.
  12. babbo3d

babbo3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is that a real example?.
    What kind of dumbass is that.

Angely and scribbledoutname like this.
  13. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a real example haha, but I've read really similar stuff. I've dropped stories because of it. I'll try to think up some concrete ones and then edit this post.

EDIT:
    Found one. MC saves this girl's life (an elf called El), and then she immediately starts spending his money on the things she wants.
    And the next morning, which isn't as bad, but is still annoying following what happened the day before:
    「Kaito, I’m hungry~」
    While immersing myself in work in silence, El raised a call of hunger. It appears it’s already such time.
    「I will give you money, so go and buy something」
    I hand over five silver coins to El.
    「Roger! Then, I’m off. Change is a reward, okay?」
    Saying such, she quickly went out.
    El has brought back meat skewers and soup from a street stall. No matter how I think about it, she hasn’t used even two silver coins.
    I don't know what the author was smoking by making the heroine this opportunistic. She's blatantly taking advantage of him but in usual useless MC fashion he just lets her do whatever she wants.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Ghost_Spawn likes this.
  14. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't say which novel because there are many and the names aren't important really (and not just in novels), but since you brought the topic, and although I wouldn't go as far as saying infuriating but such works do bother me a lot.
    So what bothers me in novels and what kind are they?
    Romance novels, a lot of romance novels do bother me and especially those with a synopsis that mentions 'bitter sweet love', I don't like those kind of novels as they are misleading :blobangery:
    Let me explain why.
    In such types of novels, author would introduce the two lovers (regardless of gender and although this happen a lot in novels with lovers of similar gender but I will be talking about novels with opposite gender lovers as what I read focused on this latter type) anyway, said lovers are in a relationship obviously, but then as story progresses new characters would be introduced, of course said new characters must get involved one way or another with the lovers indirectly or directly but that is not why I hate such novels.
    Why I hate such novels is because how easily the lovers would break apart going as far as getting into relationships with others but at the same time they would still love each other :blobconfused:, of course, reasons could be many like long separations, some sort of journey to save a kingdom or the world, one of them is involved in some relationship with someone of higher standing or power, one of them is worried about the kingdom and people or whatever, politics, etc...
    Now this is madness as the male is usually portrayed as a herbivore or easily dragged away and bullied or simply wild and a playboy...
    In the same way the same could be said about the female if not more and usually she would easily leave behind her lover for someone else but then say that she still love her ex.
    Now, such love stories are simply not 'bitter sweet' because both lovers are cheaters as such there is no bitter sweetness in it and just characters who can't control their urges as such, those kind of stories are not bitter sweet and are just spreading false ideas thus misleading readers and indoctrinating false notions and concepts into the reader (especially new ones) and in my case that is why I don't like a lot of works focused on love and/or romance and why I usually don't read romance based works (except few ones).

15. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty much any novel with an idiot MC; especially the brainless stallion king who only thinks with his little head, or the brainless, naive, pure type that innocently get other people killed while trying to "help" them. the first makes me roll my eyes so hard i might have sprained something and the second is simply ridiculous. both make me grind my teeth and i'm starting to lose enamel. as for specific books....its more along the lines of genres, one is harem and one is romance. I've read very few in either genre that i would call decent (though one or two exist).

Angely likes this.
  16. faulcon

faulcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think my number one worst was a chinese game novel (Yeah I'm a sucker for that genre) with all the typical racism and nationalism. The game side of the story was bad enough, naturally enough although the MC was a tank he was also the best DPS both ranged and melee and the only reason he wasn't the best healer (still better than most) was so his harem healer had an excuse to be around him all the time. I slogged my way through quests with Snow White and Transformers where MC got the ability to summon super robots to fight for him in a fantasy based game but as bad as that was the real life side was actually worse. The father of his underage harem member ran a lingerie company and then died in an "accident" so of course he takes over as ceo for the loli while tracking down the person responsible for her father's death. He and his best buddy (the obligatory fatty) beat that guy up until he confesses and his harem police woman locks him up. They then go to the house of his female accomplice, break in and orchestrate a gang rape until she also confesses and is locked up. They then go back to playing their game completely consequence free.

That was when I finally managed to break free from reading it

17. Three Headed Blue Cerberus

Three Headed Blue Cerberus [Hell Gate Keeper][God of Lust and Sloth]

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that contain NTR and Yaoi , Boy x Boy or anything similar.

18. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crowd : omg he can't beat that young master he's courting death
    Young master : cripple yourself for no reason and give me that jade skin beauty
    Mc : the almighty heavens stellar dao 9 nine monkey dragon headed Duck sword light
    Young master : *dies*
    Crowd : omg he won't survive the elder number 8474864
    Elder : you Dare ? Cut hand and kowtow
    Mc : the might Satan dragon tiger sleeping extreme spiritual spider star Yang yin balance voidy skinny Claude palm
    Elder : *dies *
    Crowd: omg his too awesome * crowd faint after wetting themselves*
    Jade beauty : he don't treat me like everyone else please marry me
    Old demon : come here I will take your soul
    Foreign country that literally nobody talked about : attack! Take the yang heavnly celestial dirt spear!
    Crowd after they wake : self donate to kill the Arch enemy that come form nowhere
    Mc : use blood spell to kill all enemy and become the strongest guy in exist
    Mc : breakthrough and ascend to upper realm to find that everything he saw is the weakest realm in exist so he need to get stronger for no reason
    Again and again

Haiku575, Moy, rhianirory and 3 others like this.
  19. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Takarakuji de 40-oku Atattandakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru

The MC was just sooooooo naive I couldn't take it. I seriously questioned if they taught any history at all in Japan. I just don't mean world history but ANY history at all. I know these are works of fiction but people like MC can't possible exist since these series are meant to be self inserts.

20. rosie94hrpr

rosie94hrpr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually, if it has stuff that'll make me angry I've probably dropped it long ago because I got bored first or never picked it up in the first place.
    That being said, while I didn't get "brain explosion" mad, the last novel I can remember that I read and hated was Hakai no Miko. It was just really frustrating how the MC didn't even try to go against the god controlling him and was so quick to turn into this awful person. It was even more frustrating that the setting and plot itself were good and such terrible character development totally ruined it. I ended up dropping it after realizing it wasn't going to get any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.