Recommendations A CN without a godly ML

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by madvil, Jun 28, 2019.

1. madvil

madvil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not a big fan of the CN novels with a FL, not because they are always a doctor/spy/super thief/ etc, but because they always find a guy in chapter 1 to 5 that is super smart, super strong, super handsome, super cunning, super black belly, AND super-rich (With an 80% of being tsundere)

ALWAYS

And to be honest, I hate it. I just don't like pure romances in general, and I find those Ml all the same. I don't mind if there is some romance in the story or if the FM/ML relationship is not the focus of 80% of the story, or if it is a romance, at least there are more than just 1 guy that you know it is going to be the 1 from the get-go
    Here is an example of some of the stories I am reading

Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record (It doesn't even have a ML)

Crossing to the Future, it’s Not Easy to Be a Man (Again, no ML yet)

My Master Disconnected Yet Again (You guessed it, no ML yet)

The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir (The "ML" turns out to be a different guy with a lot less screen time + it is around 30% romance)

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I say you need to stay away from romance for some time and then go back, read something dark, with vengence or something and then go back to your favourite kind of novels

69 others likes this.
  3. rosyprimrose

rosyprimrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though those stories aren't bad they are just too typical and there are too many like them. I kind of agree with you.
    Transmigration with QQ Farm isn't bad and it doesn't have a ML yet.

4. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-of-the-strongest-female-emperor/

This one is quite good. I read it till some 800 chapters from MTL some 2 years ago, then got tired of whacking my head to make sense and wait for actual TL.
    Though I don't recall perfectly, from what I do remember, I don't think there's much about ML for 300+ chapters. It doesn't have those cliche scenes where an OP ML comes to save the day every time. The MC also isn't the lucky type where everything just is given to her, and has to work for it and struggle against enemies. The setting is also good enough and not like the ordinary of getting strongest and moving to next realm/world and repeat. This is what I remember from what I read. Maybe you'll like it.

PS: Pitching tent. Even I'm tired of those cliche poison user/doctor/assassin MC novels+OP ML novels.

Mangafreakspark likes this.
  5. Shikha

Shikha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my dad is the galaxys prince charming

ML is powerful but not much time is focused on him and novel is pretty good

6. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    The protagonist is s female and because of the alien dna, she became a hermaphrodite. As of now where I read, no sign of ml appeared.
    There's a romance but it started around 1k chapters but not focused.
    1. The ML always loses against the FMC. Not only because she's strong but also not following routine.
    2. Slow romance
    3. Gender roles reversal

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  7. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Wonderland
    female MC; no ML as of 500 chapters
    apocalyptic setting
    • posthumans (evolved humans) and duolongzhong (could be translated as "fallen", basically the "zombies")
    • posthumans are transferred to a different apocalyptic world every 14 months
    • each apocalyptic world has a different theme and different cause of the apocalypse (ex. the first world is Hyperthermal Hell caused by extreme heat; another world is Red Nautilus caused by the invasion of aliens called Red Nautilus)
    due to the transference of posthumans every 14 months, the MC tends to have different companions rather often (she does see some of them again, and they're not completely forgotten); however, the characters are rather unique and don't feel like cardboard cutouts to me (I thought it was interesting how one of the characters with DID [Disassociate Identity Disorder] was portrayed)
    MC has a hero complex, which she herself acknowledges
    story is primarily plot-driven, and primarily, the reader will notice the MC's own growth

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It might not be exactly what you're looking for but Side Character Transmigrations takes those tropes and makes much fun of them by having the FL act like a stereotypical ML and thus leaves the poor ML as the FL XD
    That's why the FL is known to readers as Sheng-ge. Because Sheng-ge is the epitome of black bellied MLs :blob_coffee:

9. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    You Qian's novel always has 1 ML that MC meet at the early chapter, but their romance blooms slowly
    You can also try
    - My Disciple Died Yet Again
    - My Dad is Galaxy Prince Charming

A novel similar to this, is
    - Doomsday Wonderland
    - The Empress’ Livestream
    How about you try this :
    - Release That Man (You can never guessed who is the ML. Romance is not the main thing, and all of it looks like a bromance, instead of romance. More like a friendship. I already read the raw version, and that's why I know who is the ML)
    - Jiang Hu’s Road is Curved (At early chapter, you will get romance, but that romance is a twist. The real ML will revealed later)
    - The Crazy Adventures of Wu Gate (This is another novel from the same author of Jiang Hu's Road is Curved. This is more complicated that her first novel. The 1st male and the 2nd male that MC meet, turn out to be not her ML. It looks sweet, but actually not. Just like her 1st novel. I have to read the raw version if I want to know who is the ML)

I think it's similar to Comming of The Villain Boss

And,, that's all
    I hope you like my recommendation

10. Mariona

Mariona Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little/no romance:
    Phoenix Destiny (FL cultivation novel, there's no real romance in the translated chapters yet. This is rly good for a female cultivation novel)
    Doomsday Wonderland (FL has some flaws but overall great novel. No ML so far)

Also would recommend giving some of these romances a try based on your list:
    Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes, All Thanks to a Single Moment of Impulse (the FL/ML pairing is obvious but they're both imperfect and it's a sweet romance)
    Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao (Comedy/romance, FL/ML pairing is obvious but the female MC's thought process is hilarious and it just got completed too)

If ur interested in the "not obvious" ML romances:
    Jiang Hu’s Road is Curved (also has a good amount of comedy)
    Ballad of the Desert (more serious romance, but the writing and storytelling is amazing. characters are realistic and flawed)

11. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is that scum husband. I think you haven't read spoiler.

12. madvil

madvil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thx, for the recommendations. Except for Jiang that I already finish, the rest looks promising but I am probably leaving Seven for when I am in the mood for a romance

Thx for all the recommendations, doomsday looks like the number 1 pick at the moment(most recommended so far) but empress and wu gate look interesting

As for My Disciple Died Yet Again, I stoped reading it when the translation stopped and never went back to finish. As for "My Dad is Galaxy Prince Charming", I read the first 20 chapters and stopped when the fu*king ML god appeared but from one of the comments, it seems he doesn't show up much so I don't know if I should give it a second chance

Not gonna lie, the reviews and score(3.8) don't look great. Is it good? or the characters are really total retards with lots of inconsistencies?

13. rosyprimrose

rosyprimrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    like seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is that possible. why would her parents still force her to do that????!!!!!!

14. RedCupHero

RedCupHero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    just read spoiler, you will find it, I drop this novel after found ML is that scum husband. Even ML trying destroyed her family or ruin her family. He is still ML. Look like author or readers like him much

16. introparadox

introparadox Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of the Evil Mother-In-Law (doesn't have romance)
    Transmigrated into the Cannon Fodder’s Daughter (this one would have romance later, but the revenge would be almost done by then, you can stop it then if turns out creepy, but I doubt it with author)