LCD Otoko Nara Ikkokuichijou no Aruji o Mezasa Nakya, ne?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sosseres, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Myuu7

Myuu7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was really confused in the last 2 chapter DarkSilencer posted. Anyone mind explaining it.

2. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author made a semi cameo. Claiming that the MC is talking to somebody in our world that is writing down what happened based on transmissions. It is in the future though so not really a true cameo.

3. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 337... who was Al talking to?

4. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No Idea honestly as he doesn't seem to have many connections on Earth

5. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hence i'm baffled. The "God" that managed that planet / universe dictated that Al & co wouldn't be able to return. So who was he talking to, and how? The tablet (stone tablet) that he found in the terraforming-management capsule on 4th floor? It really baffles me.

6. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it either but I honestly didn't like that was how the second arc ended/third began. I was happy with the diary like story writing but I was hoping it wouldn't be for someone on Earth. If I had to guess it was his wife before she died since she lived a full life on Earth

7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't be her, since that person mentioned her too. From the sounds of it, either they found some functional communications equipment later, or Al developed a new magic, and decided to dial his old phone number as a test.

8. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about that. I'd say it would be there kid but the one they fawned over was their niece so it could be her

9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it's someone with less connection, he was young when the mc died, like a child maybe, and was a young person, late teens maybe twenties, when Miki moved away.

Edit: could be that kid that got saved...probably not.

10. cooldook

cooldook Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reating this series and like it so far, but having got to the DarkSilencer chapters I have a question. Does a next button show up or am I gonna have to come back to NU for every next chapter?

11. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DarkSilencer has an index on his DeviantArt page. Here's the link.

cooldook likes this.
  12. cooldook

cooldook Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

13. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, just go to the NU page, and starting from where you want, open each of the 15 links in tabs in order, then read and close. It's easier.

EDIT: and lets all hope DS or someone decent picks it up again. : |

14. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    There are usually next chapter links in the comments.

15. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, somebody started relasing this again.

16. Ethuil

Ethuil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And translation is so bad that it made me think about translating it myself.
    Right now translation from whoever picked it is on the level of machine translation with some fixes here and there.
    Half of the sentences are incoherent and hard to understand, names or terminology used in previous translations translated differently, and overall it gives vibe of not giving a fuck about translation being readable.

For example:
    - The minerals gained by beating the shadow dragon (it is supposed to be metals\ores)
    - And the acquisition of Winston Carrim – the capital’s armor maker, car rim manufacturer, (car rim manufacturer? the hell?)
    - But I will take part in the training before removing to a new house. Please take me away.”

If you like this series I advice you waiting until better translation comes along, DreamPotato translations of 339+ chapters are no good.

P.S. This is segment were they wrote about Angela for example:
    > Hegald nodded to Al, who recalled the loyal prisoners and fell silent.

It shows that translators are not even up to date with the story. How can you not know about sacrifice made by one of the main side characters and even call them "loyal prisoners" while using plural form for it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Wowafay likes this.
  17. ShasuX

ShasuX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad fact: Novels picked up by MTL with several chapters "google-translated" actually lower the chance of a proper TL picking it up the longer it goes on. Proper fans of a series should tell a MTL who only copy-pastes the content from a machine to not meddle with their beloved series.

While some readers probably think: "Hey it's great that at least someone picked it up, as something's better than nothing," most MTL are fanfictions that have nothing to do with the actual story.

I'm sad to see such a good story getting raped like this. But, oh well...

18. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to read this story but got bored by the LARGE amounts of exposition and side tracking monologues, i tried the story because it looks like a standard story with no gimmick, kinda like Mushoku Tensei light but the constant explanation of small things and common elements was boring AF, like the explanation of the appraisal skill and other common staples, do they decrease over time?

19. Ethuil

Ethuil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It gets better, yes. I think first chapters were author trying his hand on it, but it got lot of complaints so he fixed lot of bad writing practices later on.
    I would say starting from MC becoming 14+ years old writing gets less obnoxious in that sense.
    It still happens time to time though, but not in a way that makes you facepalm like at the start.

Yeah, it made me sad as well. It is not even MTL fault, even MTL can be decent as long as translator does proof reading, glossary check, and manual lookup on select ambiguous cases.
    Main culprit is not machine assisted translation, but how lazy people using it are.

20. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    I take it there's no place where all the early chapters happen to be in 1 place for a nice easy read?