Recommendations Mixed Ethnic/Race Marriages in Novels with Asian Lead

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by OnceandFutureLurker, Jun 29, 2019.

1. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Etc. Asian novels ( also include non-Asian originals if needed ) with an Asian Lead Character either Male or Female that is in an mixed ethnicmarriage esp. from Sub-Saharan Africa (polygamy allowed) that is dealt with in a positive way? Proxy non-Human Races modeled after various ethnic groups can be stated as well if no human to human examples can be thought of . '
    Closest exampls of novels I can think of are CN:Returning from the Immortal World and JP:Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! (though the Male lead was Asian originally, he was turn basically into an European after transmigration)
    thank yo in advance

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    thats a really specific demand....playing the racist card here?

Shadowhawkstar likes this.
  3. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it so Sad that I really can't think of anything. Almost every novel has a problem with different ethnicity and race. The Closest I could think of is FeralHeart , and even then it is not exactly the same

4. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Dark Empress?

5. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what is racist in wanting to read a novel that has a positive view of a mixed-ethnic marriage ?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Mangafreakspark likes this.
  6. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    In English, "Alien" means foreigner. E.g. "Illegal Aliens"

7. 3xtBlade

3xtBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a mansion in a post apocalyptic world?
    One of the FLs, is from a war torn country or something, although she really doesn’t have much of a personality.

8. Sakura.nobody

Sakura.nobody Stupid, but cute angel ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you would prefer bl, this is one of them.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/continuation-of-the-dream-in-another-world/
    The thing about this is the fact there actually is a slight language barrier between the 2, and I forgot whether there were any r-rated scenes or not, but I don't think there was much except kissing? (IDK I forgot...) it's a completely Asian man (sickly) and a sub-Saharan man (something in Africa, Egypt, something; my poor geographic skills... I won't spoil much of it. But if you don't mind a bit of bl, then this might be something. (They also plan on getting married)

9. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds racist to me

10. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    You could interpret it like that, I just think people got too politically correct. Alien originally refers to foreigners and then a new definition was added to mean extraterrestrial. They changed illegal alien to illegal immigrant. Then they changed that to undocumented immigrant. I bet they'll change it once again in the next few years.

Mangafreakspark likes this.
  11. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, would you consider something like Release that Witch?

The male lead used to be a Chinese man, but he transmigrated into the body of a European-ish prince. The setting is not the Europe we know, but a fantasy version with witches and an evil Church.

So yeah, the male lead is kinda a Chinese and his lover is a Caucasian, a native of that European-ish country.

I think there are other Chinese novels about Chinese men transmigrating into European-ish countries and meeting European-ish girls.

And there's Gate of Revelation by Dancing.

The male lead is a Chinese man. During his adventures, he tended to run into girls of other nationalities. Like a Korean loli, a few Japanese women, an English noblewoman and an American detective. I don't know who he married in the end btw.

And one warning. The novel is incomplete and will likely remain incomplete forever.

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.