What is my sexuality?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Walter vi Britannia, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    We can measure that with this ruler.
    [​IMG]
    You can bend it, curve it, even make it curl but in the end it will always go back to straight condition.

otaku31 and spider man like this.
  2. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... U don't know how fast ppl can get toxic.... So i thought if ppl can't come up with something that might actually help or at the very least not hurt OP... They should keep their opinions to themselves(including me)

Specter2 likes this.
  3. spider man

spider man Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    . Who knows may be you will be something new

4. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I also in the same situation as you. I usually thought of myself being a pervert but in actuality, I could also think that I may have interested in the same gender as well. I usually thought of being asexual but considering that I may only have to do with the past relationship I had, I could only conclude that it's mostly because I'm not interested in falling in love and more focus in living my life.

Maybe your just not ready to be in a relationship and prefer to not touch that subject unless you discover something that may attract you. I'm interested in muscles but that's only because of how I'm a bit interested in biology and how muscles work, traps are more into comedy for me and yaoi is just something more of being something I just don't understand that well but only attracts to something forbidden which gets more curiosity.

Just don't worry that much about it but i do recommend getting a check-up just in case.

yun yun yun likes this.
  5. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, asexual & aromantic doesn't always mean they don't want to have it. Sometimes they want to, but they can't. Sometimes they are really repulsed by it. It depends

6. Adieu

Adieu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't wanna bother with people or you don't have physical urges?

You might be a somewhat misanthropic loner if you fap... you might be hormonally challenged if you don't. You might be impotent if you can't.

OR...you might just not know any people you find remotely attractive.

yun yun yun likes this.
  7. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, its not that. I have never been away from being straight. Have not found those interesting. I just know that I can fall in love with a man or those other things I've mentioned even though I've never been attracted to a man or felt confused about my gender and stuff.

8. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pout: Da~ ka~ ra~

"A demisexual person is someone who does not experience sexual attraction to another person unless or until they have formed an emotional connection with that person. It's more commonly seen in, but by no means confined, to romantic relationships. The term demisexual comes from the orientation being "halfway between" sexual and asexual. Nevertheless, this term does not mean that demisexuals have an incomplete or half-sexuality, nor does it mean that sexual attraction without emotional connection is required for a complete sexuality.

When describing demisexuality as an orientation to sexuals, it is often mistaken as an admirable choice rather than an innate orientation. Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close, emotional, relationship is formed.

According to one hypothetical model, a person who identifies as a demisexual does not experience primary sexual attraction but does experience secondary sexual attraction. In this model, primary sexual attraction is based on outward qualities such as a person's looks, clothes, or personality while secondary sexual attraction is attraction stemming from a connection, usually romantic, or from status or how closely the person is in relationship to the other.

Though factors such as looks and personality do not affect primary sexual attraction for demisexuals (since demisexuals do not experience primary sexual attraction), such factors may affect romantic attraction, as with any other orientation."

From what you described, I'm pretty sure it's this (as far as I can tell just by reading your posts).

9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMG_20190701_083627.JPG

GDLiZy and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    *shuts the mouth*

11. Adieu

Adieu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Older/cooler/higher status?

Then that's just a teenage "bromance" / idolizing thing... it's a social mechanism of pack/herd mammals not romantic love.

It's how alphas get followers, juveniles get mentoring, and betas through omegas integrate into existing structures.

otaku31 likes this.
  12. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, its the opposite. I don't feel like I can embrace the other sexuality. I have never been attracted to a man...I just know it's completely possible for me to fall in love with one though, depending on who it is. Hence the confusion.

13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell you what, let us try something here (not too extreme but just something mild as a test).
    Go to to some VR game (like VR chat) and play with three different accounts one male, one female and one that doesn't identify as neither in other words something with no gender or both genders.
    Adopt the personality in each case and see in which one you feel more comfortable, depending on which one, I think you will find your answer

14. jiesuzuru

jiesuzuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I think your situation may help you in becoming more open minded about things than you are now. Since you said it yourself that you dont really know your sexuality is and you have already indulged in a variety of genres to explore it which made your mind free of any anymosity towards other genders.

I personally think it is best to treat that as a blessing since you are seeking love and for whatever form, personality or gender this love may become in front of you one day, it will surely benefit your relationship for you will be able to understand and completely accept the love they have for you without the ill feelings like those who are narrow-minded in life.

Aside from this always put your own decisions first and don't let other people sway you into something you are not.

(I hate it when I noticed minor mistakes right after I post a message! I only put too much work for myself and have to retype again.)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    yun yun yun likes this.
  15. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow...that's breaking it down to the most primal form. I don't get it but it sounds like its right...just because how sciencey it sounds. lol

Woa, thinking back, I don't even remember most of it and it's all so far back. But I feel like I've changed a lot since then. Specially the fact that I'm less of a horny teenager now. lol
    Anyway, not talking about lust though. So far I've only been attracted to women. I just know I can fall in love and be attracted to other in some way given the situation and person.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2019
  16. Adieu

Adieu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, then you're:

1) straight
    2) young and impressionable
    3) susceptible to the influence of high-CHA individuals (careful!)

Basically, never do anything for (or with!) cool or sparkly people unless it's clearly in your self-interest and you'll be a-ok.

Also, don't join religious or political movements gangs or military organizations, and never donate or loan money to anyone. No investments or gambling until you get waaaaay more cynical, either.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    mir and otaku31 like this.
  17. Specter2

Specter2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp only time will tell fellow netizen

18. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, fuck. That's actually a thing!? Wow. Well, I might be just that. Slight difference, I actually am more or less attracted to women. I'm probably demisexual towards men...if that's how demisexuality works? And the other stuff I mentioned...I still don't know. But this feels like the closest answer! I feel I can go from there now and dig deeper. Haha

Moonpearl and Eques like this.
  19. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's more like you have to have an emotional connection with someone before you feel sexually attracted to them. :sushi_chubby:

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  20. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, "cool or sparkly people".
    Ok, got it. That's good advice for me who is actually trying to avoid stuff related to romance and sexuality and stuff. lol