Recommendations New life, fantasy, less romance?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Negiomi, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm looking for a reincarnation/ transmigration/ regression novel that is in the fantasy genre. It would be great if it is one of those that just tugs at your heartstrings as well. Most of what I find are harems and chicks flocking to the mc or love dramas. Hope to find a novel that does not insert romance and marriage 24/7 and have characters flirt all day. It doesn't have to be completely romance deprived, just as long as kissing, flirting, hugging, chick magnet isn't its main focus. ^ ^

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    oikawamegumi and Negiomi like this.
  3. darkchocolatesan

darkchocolatesan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eliza, or I Reincarnated as a Noble Girl Villainess But Why Did It Turn Out This Way? seems to fit your criteria. It seems like a typical otome game novel but it gets heavier and darker pretty quick. It definitely tugs at the heartstrings when the protagonist is at some of her lower points in life. I haven't read through all of it, but it's completely translated.
    Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite also seems to fit your criteria. Again, it might sound like a typical fantasy reincarnation story but it does get darker and more emotional the novel progresses
    as the protagonist struggles to fight against the plot in order to protect his lover, and manipulates people near him to do so.
    . Some romance, but it's not the focal point, as most of focal point is about MC's life. Mild hinting at harem (up to the point I read to). Not completely translated.
    You can also try In a World Without Life. It's not exactly transmigration, but the MC is transported to another world, and it does have a bit of a more emotional aspect, especially because of the situation described in the title. Very short but cute, and romance is pretty light. Completely translated.
    You might also be interested in Swamp Girl!. Though the first half of the novel is a bit slower than the rest, the transmigration element makes itself more clear later on in the novel, and it starts getting a bit more emotional toward the end. There's a nice plot twist, and romance isn't too heavy; romance is more slice-of-life style. Completely translated.

Negiomi and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  4. Yoko Hagihara

Yoko Hagihara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is pretty good. I have it in my reading list and so far (I have read all of the chapters and is on the latest) there is hardly a speck of romance in here.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/trash-of-the-counts-family/

When I opened my eyes, I was inside a novel.

[The Birth of a Hero].

[The Birth of a Hero] was a novel focused on the adventures of the main character, Choi Han, a high school boy who was transported to a different dimension from Earth, along with the birth of the numerous heroes of the continent.

I became a part of that novel as the trash of the Count’s family, the family that oversaw the territory where the first village that Choi Han visits is located.

The problem is that Choi Han becomes twisted after that village, and everyone in it, are destroyed by assassins.

The bigger problem is the fact that this stupid trash who I’ve become doesn’t know about what happened in the village and messes with Choi Han, only to get beaten to a pulp.

“…This is going to be a problem.”

I feel like something serious has happened to me.

But it was worth trying to make this my new life.

Negiomi likes this.
  5. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
    There are a bit of romance(?), but the mc is kinda incapable of falling in love cause of certain reason and although it can be called harem, most of the woman want mc death
    It's only implied the woman have certain feeling for mc, and only 2(or 3..??) who openly show it to mc
    Btw most of the time it's comedy and parody of mc digging pitfall for himself

Fulminata and Negiomi like this.
  6. Shade Serpent

Shade Serpent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Negiomi and S4TY4 like this.
  7. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Negiomi

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read S-Classes That I Raised. Thank you so much for recommending this! Tho a bit different from the kind I was thinking of, it's just what I was looking for (≧∇≦)b . Now I'm on another scavenger hunt for similar novels huuuu~

9. Negiomi

Reading List:
    Link