Second coming of gluttony

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Daoist Pharmacist, Jun 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally some update! But wait, when will it catch up to chapter 90?

Chryseum likes this.
  2. LombokHot

LombokHot Hottest Chili Ever Known

Reading List:
    Link
    Soon. Check their announcement

Chryseum likes this.
  3. DoomedExpe

DoomedExpe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From this post I'm assuming after the first week of July.

https://www.pacificnovels.com

Chryseum and Doomr like this.
  4. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if they will be able to catch up to chapter 90 in just a few days... Are they saying they will do it during the first week of July? Doing about 80 chapters in a week is beyond nuts, unless you go ahead and plagiarise the previous translator. Not saying they are doing it, but FudgeNouget has to be a robot to pull this off because he will not be able to eat or sleep for a week.
    Of course, he can be an extreme expert in both languages and just translate this whole thing on the fly without a need to think or look things up, but why would he be just translating a novel in this case?

5. Doomr

Doomr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What else would he be doing then? Of course there’s technical translation, but those require a special knowledge set and vocabulary.

6. songweiming01

songweiming01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They bought 90 previous translated chapters from Passing Wanderer.

Chryseum likes this.
  7. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they actually bought them and they do want to start from chapter 91 onwards, they should just publish all of them at once

8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are quite a few jobs for people who know multiple languages. Of course all of them involve some sort of translation/interpretation, I am just talking about something more stable that translating a web novel. Well, since he was hired maybe he got a good deal and decent salary for it. Good for him. But when I think about the amount of work required to translate so many chapters, even if you know stuff... I would do it only for a really large amount of money... because I value my time...

9. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they must want to translate themselves and are only using Wanderer´s TL for reference?

10. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I am going back to my original point? It is a crap ton of work and I am not sure they can do it. FudgeNouget did say 10 chapters a day until he catches up. If he is starting to do it now, maybe it's possible. It is still a crap ton of work. I am just pitying the guy. I haven't read the new translation yet, so I don't know how well it's translated and edited, but I hope the quality won't be compromised or he won't burn himself out and just drop the novel because he is so exhausted.

11. Scythe244

Scythe244 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltranslations/comments/bx7h0b/second_coming_of_gluttonyavarice_update/

TL;DR it looks like he's "going over the chapters, editing them, changing certain terminologies around, etc." Makes sense for the new translator and kudos to him going through the extra effort. It's easy to use as is but updating things so that everything is consistent is great. Shows commitment to quality and creating a better product.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltrans...ate/eq456bf?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x Looks like he'll also post the changes when he's through with it.

12. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good, it makes sense. It should take a bit less time than translating everything from scratch, especially after he gets used to the terms and the style. In this case we don't need to worry about FudgeNouget going crazy from too much translating work lol

13. joyfan

joyfan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what’s their background connection that they managed to gain permission from the author and according to them other korean authors too.. though so far only second coming has been announced..

Seems like their whole website is made by banking on the second coming of gluttony’s popularity.

Not to lie, i’m still a bit salty how they hijacked the novel from a passing wanderer but that’s business I guess. :blobpopcorn_two: I just pray that they won’t become the next QI..

14. ParallelGod

ParallelGod Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone interested in complete raw for The Second Coming of Gluttony ?