LCD Trash of the Count's Family

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Crimshine, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    This is scaring me! At least tell me the chapter I have to look out for! No need to tell me whats in it just tell me where is this revelation pitfall thing!

2. MidoriMutsuki

MidoriMutsuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they say it's around the time when Emp*** vs C***'s group..... so migth be around 320+

Shaiyamine likes this.
  3. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    To spoil (myself) or not to spoil.
    That is the question.

4. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    I went ahead and spoiled myself..... I regret it so much.... now Im going to crave for more chapters than usual......

Haruhal likes this.
  5. JustLetMeHaveAName

JustLetMeHaveAName Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't even know that there was a spoiler section, scary! :notlikeblob:
    Currently WW has, roughly, 270-271 chapters translated(depending on VIP status) and all we have right now are bare bones plans on how Cale will crush the Empire, as we now know that is happening and the plan is in motion, with theories on the ARM leader. My bet is still on some random relative of Original Cale.
    If we think about it, Cale's red hair is mentioned a lot. No other hair color is talked about unless it's the first description scene for that character, even then hair color usually is not mentioned, but when it comes to red hair(Rosalyn and Cale) or Alberu's hair, it is referred to more than any other feature. Of course with Alberu we know the reason, dark elf origin.
    After Redika's defeat(Blood crazed mage) you would believe they would stop drawing such attention to red hair, but they don't. It's also mentioned, many times, how Cale's hair is a brighter, and bloodier, shade of red compared to Rosalyn's. Then, we find out from our half-dead, half-dragon pal, that the ARM leader has red hair, that Cale himself makes the distinction between Rosalyn's hair and his before forming an image of the White Star in his head that has the exact same hair coloring as himself, and that his mom had. The only one to inherit that same red hair in the Henituse household. (Sorry this is very long :blobsweat_2:)

6. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    So. Hard. To. Resist. Temptation.
    Fuck.

7. Shade Serpent

Shade Serpent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way to resist temptation is to find another novel to read while waiting for new releases. But then comes another challenge. Finding another novel that's actually good.

Khalala and Haruhal like this.
  8. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck resisting

9. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    enjoy the taste and slowly you'll become a masochist :cookie:

10. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't resist and Come to the Dark Side wit us there.
    Come,,Come

11. Shade Serpent

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question. Why is Cale so damn weak? He has four or five of the most powerful ancient powers in the world, but his plate is so weak that it breaks whenever he uses one. Just why is he below average? Even the ancient dragon said that Cale's plate is worse than average villager B. Is that the fate of a trashy mob character?

12. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    His plate is weak because he never trained to become stronger. In the beginning it was mentioned that ancient powers were rarely used because the characters that found them already had aura or magic that was stronger. Now, in retrospect, we can figure out that they only acquired powers because they were already strong.

Btw, Cale's plate has only broken once, when he used up the dominating water and ruined the balance that was letting his body tolerate way more ancient power than it should. As for coughing up black blood that seems like a side effect of the Vitality of the Heart improving his body to tolerate the ancient powers. That's why he coughed up a ton of black blood when his plate was fusing back together.

13. Shade Serpent

Reading List:
    Link
    But Eruhaben said that Cale's plate was the worst that he's ever seen. It doesn't even reach the levels of average.

14. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, because Cale's body is that of a lazy self-indulgent noble, he's physically one of the weakest humans alive so he has one of the weakest plates. Vitality of the Heart doesn't kick in until he actually does something to push his limits, which he did very rarely at the beginning.

15. Shade Serpent

Reading List:
    Link
    That I agree with. His body was originally an idiot noble son who just drank all day. No wonder his plate is so terrible. Even his younger sister is physically stronger than him by now. He really needs to do some push ups.

16. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's alright, Cale's plate indeed only a glass but it's not some ordinary glass but a bulletproof one:blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  17. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree. Rather, it's the opposite. Plate in this novel are something people born with. It couldn't become bigger even if they train. The only way it could be bigger is fusing it like Cale do.
    Those quotes was from Erhaven in chapter 259. The way Erhaven say it means that Choi Han could become sword master because his plate is already big to begin with. So rather than training, it was more like talent. The fake dragon slayer conversation with Choi Han also making it sounds like it was something people born with and not from training.

Elkon likes this.
  18. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know where your even got that idea, Erhaven never said that plate was something Choi Han was born with, just that it was large. Seriously, are we reading the same novel? That fake dragon slayer had his plate artificially expanded by Arm, and wouldn't just admit that. Choi Han was an ordinary teenager when he first came to this world and gained his strength by going through unimaginable hardship, more than any other human alive, and so wound up with the largest plate of any pure human. Cale went through days of torment as his plate grew after fusing back together. Every single character mentioned to gain an ancient power in the original story first became strong through harsh training. And no one has ever mentioned finding a weak person with a large plate, some of which would exist if plates were something you were born with.

For that matter, why would Cale's plate be small then? In the early chapters it was mentioned that Cale had the same physique suited for swordsmanship as the rest of his family, origional Cale just never trained it and there was too little time to do that now. Not to mention there was a scene where Cale stopped the Indestructible Shield from absorbing more of his ancient powers because his plate was not yet large enough to support that. Plates can grow. That's happened multiple times and you even mentioned one example yourself. Where are you even coming from?

19. Shade Serpent

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Cale's plate grew so fragile because he started hosting multiple ancient powers? He even nearly died from an overload of the energies inside his body. Or could the size of his plate have something to do with his bloodline or the fact that he was transmigrated into someone else's body in the first place?

20. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we did. lol. calm down.. I am just stating my opinion about my interpretation.

This one is your speculation, not a fact since he indeed never say it.

This one is speculation as well. There's many reason Choi Han could have big plate.
    First, was he was born with it but never knowing it.
    Second, he could gain it when he transported to that world but still don't know about it.
    Third, just like you say, the hardship might ended up making his plate big.
    And there might be more ways that I haven't think.
    So, there's no proof both for my speculation or yours until the author exactly say it

Who? The one that have ancient power that I remember would be Fake dragon slayer(still not sure if he have harsh training or he might have train but not that harsh since he have long life to train so there's no proof) and Alberu got it from his mother(so there's no proof that he need to be strong first to get that power).
    Or do you mean the 'Birth of Heroes'?
    Again who? Toonka and dominating water? He got it because he just happen to see it(no proof that he need to be strong first). Elves who got Fiery Thunderbolt? he/she may have have harsh training and maybe not(no proof). Alberu and healing power? again he got it from his mother so there's no proof that he need to train first.
    Just because some who have the power was strong(like Toonka, Alberu, or fake dragon slayer) doesn't mean that strong was the requirement to have a big plate/having ancient power.

Yuph. It never mentioned. Just like the fact that those strong person might just be able to become strong using talent called plate and not only because his training. Also, why would author mention weak person with large plate? The one that can see the plate aside from Raon and Erhaven would be Arm core member, so most wouldn't even aware of that.

I never say that I know it though. It could just be a setting that makes Cale couldn't use ancient power as he please and help increasing the drama part of this novel. It could also have important reason that might be explained later in the novel

I indeed say that it was something people born with, but I never say you couldn't grow it. I am stating that you couldn't make it big by normal means like training your body.

Khalala and Elkon like this.