Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, for your defense, the work of sealing and giving approval, should be done by several people and when it comes to diplomatic issues is the van itself that does the work that would take weeks to a dozen people in a few days

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  2. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he knows how to hire the best people ;)

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Although he has no history of such, Van actually learned how to be a proper king, enough that he himself helped to check on many documents in the Kijin Nation during his first visit.

While Chezare follows the usual ideas when ruling, Van however is much more of a libertarian, which basically means little rules and let people take responsibility for themselves. The problem is that the libertarian ironically ended up in the situation of a loved and trusted dictator, cause that's what he is (not what he wants to be), if he says anything, most people will comply.

Dictatorship is also an efficient governing method, there is only one to decide, things are decided fast and without bureaucracy, and what the dictator doesn't rule is technically free and open for anyone to do.

As such, I would argue that Van is actually quite the politician, he may not like it, but he had to learn and is complying with it, this also is shown when he replied back to Cuoco about the nobles that joined Talosheim who would like some sort of title for themselves for joining him. Van told Cuoco he would take it under consideration after he was done with his tasks.

4. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i look at the latest chapter of SlimeTensai and i thought if it happens with Talosheim on what happened in Tempest? How's Van going to react on it? Then I thought that the better question is, Is there even person(Heinze party not included) strong enough to do that?

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  5. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest chapter??? Oh, I get it. You must be talking about the manga. I was a little confused for a bit because the web novel has LOOOONG since passed the point I'm pretty sure you are referring to.

The attack on Tempest while he was out, and the victims.

I am 100% certain that Van's reaction to such a thing may even be worse than what Rimuru did. Or should I say, winds up doing? Again, I haven't read the manga's latest chapters so I am not sure whether or not it's gotten to the results part yet. (Note to self, go read slime manga.)

hillo315 likes this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Van would overwhelm Rimuru in that department, remember the failed invasion of Mirg Shield Nation and the counter-invasion (and the destroyed village that was on top of the Ghouls former home).

Now the question one should ask is what would happen Alda gets involved, we all know a God technically needs worship to have their abilities (prob be quoted and corrected on this bit but is the general main stay). Even more so when Puny God get's involved since souls will be taken from his system and either into Vida's system or crushed/devoured.

Bio warfare, resurrecting dead people and using their souls to create golems, NRV being a 'lot' harder to kill (bit of an understatement), and Van is basically border-lining God and Maou with jobs, DK frags, Death Attribute, and being a literal God of another World that might be stronger than Alda by miles (worship from Origin and Lambda combined)...

Claus and Bla8bla like this.
  7. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is pretty much apex predator of his word, only Gods or people that were blessed by Gods can stand a chance against Van.
    Rimuru still has ways to go before he is stronger than Milim.

hillo315 likes this.
  8. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure that if that scenario happened they would not find themselves (ants) retreating from a pissed of king with a really really good magnifying glass but with the literal erasure of their country from existance done by a demon king eating ungodly monster that they made give a fuck about the fact that puny mortal beings like them are there.

9. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, yes I'm still alive. Sorry for long absence.

Thought about recent plot: at the rate Van is going, isn't he going to Guide his new friends? After all, what he's doing isn't all that different to when he originally Guided Kanako and co.

Van (and Kanako) have both been noted to have no real idea of how big a deal Guiders are considered to be out in the wider world. So he might not be that concerned about Guiding them...

Korleone, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  10. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was never a question of "if" but "when"

11. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, so new chapter.

We start at Origin. things are a mess in the world, but Amemiya and Bravers are working with Sergey. The other countries are still in unrest, but they can't do much on fear that the thing claimed as god appears again.

Meanwhile Van as a God of Origin would usually see it as boring, but as he is able to watch films and read every book for free, and even see under the oceans and so on, so there are tons of stuff to do and see, of course, Pluto is also with him while looking at the world, and after such remark, he uses "Us" to describe all the Gods of Origin, but the other deities ask for him to stop. Van is feared by other deities, because he is the strongest god currently, other deities fear being absorbed by him. Although Van has no such intentions

Van asks another friendly deity about the rules for giving blessings, but the deity answers there are none, most of the time when there are blessings involved it results in infighting, some deities also don't like or care to give blessings, so Van comments if he should try to fix things with brute force... Well, even without that, hopefully they can receive blessings through dreams or something.

Van's skill also changed from Blessings to God of Origin now

---------------

Van has had many dreams, he is in a variety of forms in many of them, sometimes big, sometimes small, and all of those are his dreams, and recently he has been with someone who feels familiar, but his hair color is different (Rudolph the bard, Dandolip the teacher, Randolph the original), he saw Kanako on stage with others, but with a different hair color. He was helping in many places, but all he could do was cheer the group on stage.

The he woke up with Eisen, seems like he is sleeping with different people aside from Darcia every night. Bellmond arrives to comment about how he has been sleeping well even away from home (Vidal's castle), and even when he sleeps in the Garden (Pete), so Van suggests for him to sleep with her and the other Vampire ghosts like Chipuras, but she refuses, she can't even imagine what Isla would do if she found out, Chipuras jokes at her that she is just lonely, and she urges Van that he will be late to school, such morning and being told he will be late, Van found it quite fun, he even compares himself with some cartoon where the rich kid goes to school in a limousine, he starts to consider going one day with Sam, hell, while not realistically a good idea, he even considers arriving with Cuatro, although Bellmond tells him that in noble school there are those that arrive in carriages, Van seems surprised by the noble families.

In regards to cooking, of course everyone wants Van to not do it and serve him themselves, there are ghost chefs from other haunted mansions that arrived, but they can't do much, so they still need to be trained. So Pauvina made breakfast, some soup with grilled Orc meat, with help from Darcia, even if he is the best chef in the world, Van found it delicious having breakfast made by someone else, Pauvina even went "Ehehe" after the compliment, and both received 2 big sized Bentous from Darcia. It was such a good morning, like some cliché story.

On the way to school, Pauvina held Van as usual and both went to school, on the way, Pauvina said she will be studying plants as extra curricular class, Van will go with cooking (not hiding anything anymore I see). It's explained that adventurer's need to learn to make a variety of stuff for themselves, so cooking is made for nobles that never did it in their life. Pauvina wonders if Van will be able to moderate on the cooking, but he believes he may do it... Maybe, because those are normal ingredients.

It seems that Meorilith tried to stop the cooking class once she heard Van was joining.

Pauvina asks about Elizabeth's ranking, he says that they may defeat Rank 3 with no problems, Rank 4 with some strategy, but Rank 5... Accidents could happen. In comparison, it's mentioned that Alex could deal with Rank 4, and 5 with his party members. Chipuras suggests a mushroom type enemy, it's a plant, so it won't be fazed by any sort of attack, and can also be used as food, so it would be a good training against non-humanoid monsters.

-----------

Randolph has had many dreams, however he always notices some type of eyes watching over him and wakes up, this time, he was on stage with Kanako and others, and everything was going quite happy, and tentacles and weird things raised, then he woke up scared... Or not, he noticed that he doesn't feel scared nor feels afflicted, just... annoyed.

He felt some sort of nostalgia, remembering when he was young, starting his adventurer party, until friends left the world (died). He has no idea why he feels such feelings from that dream though

---------

Going back in time to after the Orc battle, Van offers more of the spoils to Elizabeth, but she doesn't want to reveal where she lives, so she takes "only" 100kg of Orc meat on her back, she had no problems with it, after she and Maheria went separate ways from Van and Zorna, the two changed clothes and moved to the adventurer's guild where they sold most of the meat, then with the rest they would use it themselves. The two have been doing stuff like this to earn funds to sustain themselves.

Elizabeth has been doing other jobs for the sake of money, she also doesn't mind eating bad food, even when she is to go to a noble party, she had her mother's dresses and fixed them to herself to have something to use, she needs to keep appearances for her and her mother's sake, and the only person she trusts seems to be Maheria.

Because Elizabeth lost the succession battle, she lost many privileges, and her mother is sick, so she does that extra work for her own and her sake, Elizabeth learned to not give up from both her mother and her grandfather. She seems thankful of Van for the spoils that she was given, and the two understand that his ability is above theirs, cause using pebbles to damage Orcs is unheard of, so Elizabeth wonders what he is trying to do with her, she wonders if he really made such a ridiculous misunderstanding as thinking she was adding him when he mentioned friends, but... It's not like he is unpleasant...

In any case, the next day, they had the fight against the Walking Giant Mushrooms Van asked Simon to prepare, an enemy that is a plant and is not human like, so they would have to get used to such types of enemies. Pauvina also had a training against a monster with her party that included Reinhard.

Edit: Added and fixed some stuff here for more details, plus I noticed I got some things very wrong in the first part.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Korleone, Claus, Bla8bla and 4 others like this.
  12. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder, why do I keep liking Liz more and more? Even when I wanted tsundere-ish noble girl....

Bla8bla, ssj4maiko and hillo315 like this.
  13. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 196 translated is up for those interested in it

Eddy andres, kariage and hillo315 like this.
  14. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... Did Randolph get Van's divine protection, or just a Guidance dream?

I thought Van has the highest Cooking level in the world?

I thought Van has the highest Cooking level in the world?

Eh, it'll be fine.

Densuke gave you the character you need, not the character you want.

15. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noble girls don't go tsundere. See my earlier rant on tsunderes. That's a behavior pattern for the childhood friend love interest situation.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  16. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's being set up as a sympathetic character. She even has the "sick mother" cliché going...

Remember Van's past lives. Getting food that has been made by his loving family is a straight-forward joy to him. btw, technically he says it looks delicious since he hadn't eaten it yet (when he spoke that line).

hillo315, Bla8bla and ssj4maiko like this.
  17. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    randolf continues delaying the inevitable like alex, now I realize that Vandeliu does not even rest while he sleeps, he has to do double day receiving the updates of origin and traveling one by one to the dreams while he verifies his relatives, but there is nothing that Wake up in the arms of a beauty (or an abomination, beast or ultramuscular male depending on the day) or a breakfast made by your goddess (mother) or giant orc girl (younger sister) can not fix. I would say that Elizabeth is unfortunate but she has just met van so with that everything in her life is already fixed. ps: being a god of origins sounds great, practically you do not have to do anything and you have all the movies, animes or novels you can imagine.

Korleone, Claus, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  18. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    a question, who is the strongest member of the harem so far, because if things go on like this, we will end up with a tournament, someone who takes the chastity of van, with a new seat sitting on a cushion in a bitrina with a sign that Say first place.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They already used that gag. The tournament was interrupted by the arrival of the trial of Zaccart, so it never even really started. This kinda indicates to me Densuke is not really the type to write a tournament arc.

hillo315 likes this.
  20. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since then 2 have acquired Guider jobs, so probably one of those 2 ;)
    Or you know Vida.

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.