Discussion Finally the damn maid servant does something

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Freezy, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL'ing a series called perfect supreme, pretty mediocre but not too bad. Couple of dozen chapters ago, the MC's maid servant unleashes their potential, and then some random guy notices whilst travelling so like i'd expect he comes to take the servant now supreme descendant away from the MC [mc's currently having a big fight].

Only...this time the servant girl actually has some back bone and when a space portal appears that almost certainly leads to certain death appears, the servant unleashes her power and slaps the person trying to take her away, and says along the lines of 'Where were you when I was bullied, he was there and now you have the face to judge him' and then says 'If he dies, I'll become a ghost' and jumps in the portal.

As I said it's a pretty mediocre novel, but damn do I appreciate a good cliche break.

2. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't call it a cliche break. Sure it's not MC coming to the rescue which would be the obvious outcome, but MC picking up girls just because they happen to be the only person in their history that treats them like a human being instead of a trophy or piece of property is also pretty cliche.

Darkanlan, Effugium and Bloodysin28 like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me get this straight- in order not to get taken away, she goes away(?) :hmm:
    //Cuz she obviously not gonna die//
    The process may hv been different, but isn't the result the same old clichéd separation? So what's new? :blobunsure:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Darkanlan likes this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft, that's nothing. In Light and Shadow, the Female Lead gets into situations where it seems hopeless, and male lead hears of the situation and rushes over and you would think he would rescue her at last moment, but no, he comes there and everything is already settled cause she did it on her own!

Freezy likes this.
  5. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's off fighting, someone made a portal and she willingly went away. End results still going to be him going to get her and fighting someone for her. It's all cliche bs, just making the girl dumb enough to willingly go in the portal doesn't change how the next several hundred chapters of face slapping bs will go.

otaku31 likes this.
  6. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice!

7. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I didn't put it right. The MC was already sucked in the portal, and the portal lead to certain death, she jumps in the portal, and the MC is being attacked by some soul devourers. She basically gives her life for MC, and only when he heal after she's basically near death does he find the chance to save her.

8. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's still 100% a cliche that he can save her after she sacrifices herself for him. Even if she ends up dead, he'll probably find a way to bring her back somehow. These are some of the most common plot points in a huge number of stories.

9. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, I don't ask that a story is 100% genre breaking, otherwise I wouldn't read any mediocre novels. I just appreciate this one did something not bad.

otaku31 and Darkanlan like this.