Request I need a cure for RI sickness

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Zeusomega, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    U know those times when you finish your most loved novel, and you can't seem to find anything else as good as it was?

I caught up with even the MTL Ver of Reverend insanity, and found out it's on hiatus for god knows how long.

This story had that deep level build up, each character had a weight, everything (almost) had a cause and reason, and mc's hardwork is perfectly shown, he isn't sucking mother luck's milk ducts all the times.

It was the first xianxia I felt could be a real story, where people were people not just NPC's.

*Cough* ok, so I just wanted to ask those of you who read RI, and loved our "great love Im..*cough, cough*...our fang yuan, which novels did you find worthwhile after this one. I'm not asking for the same anti-hero, and all, but something that will keep you reading on.

SamStrike likes this.
  2. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    read novels not full filler then? you need an appreciation for stories that are not chasing those sweet sweet word counts.

Zeusomega likes this.
  3. constant15211

constant15211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same way. RI is just way too damn good. The schemes are incredible. The world is just so big. Everyone is like their own MC. I mean WTF. I like the FY's Transgender GF(Bai something) and his ex(Hei Lou lan). Lol. I recommend Black tech internet cafe. It's a good read if you want to feel nostalgic. And I might be a fake cultivator is a parody of most harem cultivation novels. If you liked OPM. Then you'll like it.

SamStrike and Zeusomega like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sage Monarch

Zeusomega likes this.
  5. Arkanth

Arkanth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read RI so can't say for sure what you are looking for but if you want to avoid filler Er Gen's novels are the way to go

Dragon-sama and Zeusomega like this.
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    My Master Disconnected Again

Zeusomega likes this.
  7. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    RI is pretty good. Only thing I dislike with it is the MC quite often is evil just for the sake of being evil. Author tries to explain it as being "calculated", but at several points what he does is way more involved than is needed, or he kills someone he doesn't have to, or pisses off someone he didn't have to. Intentionally. And it's clear those times are intentional by the author to increase the edginess.

It really takes me out of the story when he creates a character who, on the subject of reputation, multiple times contradicts himself.

If author didn't try to be edgy, it could be an actual psychopath MC, which would be way more amusing.

Ain't never coming back though, seriously. China gotta protect them "public morals"

Zeusomega and Astaroth like this.
  8. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    goodness me....talk about drug obsession.....

GDLiZy and Zeusomega like this.
  9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it felt a bit cheap a few times when the author was obviously just trying to shock the readers. I wouldn't hold that against Fang Yuan though, it's the author's fault.

That said from the 1k chaps I read it happened mostly in volume 1, 2, and 3. (Basically in the first 400-500 chapters) It seemed like the author stopped doing that afterwards. At least for most part.
    You've probably already read it, but if you haven't, then give Warlock of the Magus World a shot. I'm not really saying that it's like Daoist Gu (RI) but it's pretty good.

Legendary Mechanic (or Transcendent Mechanic on LNMTL) isn't similar at all, but it's a novel I can recommend. I've only read the MTL version though and don't really trust the webnovel translation tbh.

Zeusomega and Meloman like this.
  10. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading H* Manga/Novel helps ease the pain of self-inflicted torture via reading MTL’ed novels. :blobReach:

Hanten, otaku31 and Zeusomega like this.
  11. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the mysteries

Zeusomega likes this.
  12. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Second the legendary mechanic even in mtl is still addictive

Astaroth and Zeusomega like this.
  13. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading Kingdom's Bloodline. Well thought out story with realistic characters, note, you may get tired of the unending plot twists, otherwise a really good novel.

Zeusomega likes this.
  14. Bigbass

Bigbass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried the other RI(Renegade Immortal)

Astaroth and Zeusomega like this.
  15. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...

Zeusomega likes this.
  16. expertsource10

expertsource10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked through the comments, and most of recommendations here are shit compared to RI. And the rest is half-shit.

___In terms of mind games, surprising cliff edges, and depth of thoughts put into the work; RI level plots:
    _____Hunter x Hunter 2011 anime, The Mentalist series, Ezel series (Netflix has season 1).

___In terms of evil or ruthless mc and real-like side characters:
    ______Plundering the heavens, Strongest Abandoned Son *These two don't have mind games and deep plot at all.

__In terms of Uniqueness, pioneering, unseen before elements(to us at least); set ups and world building;
    ______Reincarnator, Doom Lord, Zombie Evolution *Doom and zombie don't have mind games and deep plot at all.

__As you can see, there isn't any story completely same with RI, they have common points, but they lack other points. Every recommendation of mine has its pluses and minuses.

Zeusomega likes this.
  17. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon Defense
    Classroom of the elite

Otouto-kun likes this.
  18. Hiddena0

Hiddena0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same way everything I read after RI is garbage, its too good, either the novel does have the Main Character's progression but they become OP and the MC isn't threatened at all and there is no conflict, or there is conflict but it is all drama and the story doesn't focus on the shonen elements.

Sky Farrow likes this.
  19. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    SIlent Crown is somewhat of a refreshing story with great plots and well-thought-out ending. One of the only novels that ended in a satisfying note. ( Meaning, not rush or axed ending or "their journey has just only begun" ending )

Has a great world-building, and by the end, all of the questions about the world got answered.

20. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped RI during his zombie days. I enjoyed Lord of Mysteries after RI though.