Recommendations Stardew Valley like story

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by NewToThis, Jul 7, 2019.

1. NewToThis

NewToThis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I would like an nice story like Stardew Valley.
    Something with main focus Farming or building things.

So far I have found :
    Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
    and the story where a house is transported into another world

They others all seem to be that farming is just some side mention and nothing important.

Anything you can recommend?

2. jimjimgimp

jimjimgimp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should just play stardew valley.

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  5. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Jojo775 and FranckOA like this.
  6. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    The Ability to Make a Town? Let's Make a Japanese Town in Different World. MC and a train of people die and meet a God. The God informs them that it'll be reincarnating them, and gives them special abilities or tools at random. Except for the MC, who recognized the God as a God and was the first person to be polite to said God. MC was the last person to get a skill, and got to choose which skill he gained. He picked the ability to make a Town, using a system.

It does, technically, fit the request. But it quickly goes down "OP Protagonist is OP, Yay!" path, as well as the "long arcs dragging out because I don't know how to stop" path.

7. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s like farmville with lots of redundancy or unnecessary actions – MC keeps inviting side characters to some room for important discussions which aren’t really that important or deep, just a couple of simple sentences which are repeated several times... MC : go do that (which that person was already going to do) and blabla bla, 5min later oh and go do that- yeah the same thing he told just a few mins ago. You will be suprised how often this scenario happens and his days are basically tell the system to plant seeds or harvest, sleep sleep and repeat, each day 5mins of work and he’s gotta go rest.

I've dropped it after 80 chapters, but I've read in the reviews that in 5000 chapters lol it goes to insane plot armor farming OP skills and cultivation, srsly this novel is trash that will delete however many days you take to read this.

8. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Just ensuring that it's clear to everyone, since I talked about two stories and the quote didn't limit my post, Jojo's talking about Bringing the Farm to Another World. The pointless repetition is a part of what I called the "long arcs drag out because I don't know how to stop" path, and the insane plot armour farming is part of what I called the "OP Protagonist is OP, Yay!" path.

Personally, I ended up dropping Bringing the Farm after the MC went to the Beastkin Lands and realised that nothing had happened in a while, which was somewhere around chapter 80. I checked up on it a couple time after that, and realised that nothing was really going to happen in the story anytime quickly after I checked up on it at chapters 100, 125 and somewhere 140+ and found out that the MC was still in Beastkin Lands and I could still follow the story easily enough based on what I had read 60+ chapters ago.

9. NewToThis

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank´s anything else?

10. NewToThis

Reading List:
    Link