Discussion Reverse Harem/Polyandry Corner

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Femme Fatale, Jul 8, 2019.

1. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something about this thread feels off...
    :hmm::hmm::blobhyperthink::blobdizzy:

Ah, I get it now! Unlike Danmei Room and Yuri Garden, this thread is in General Chat, not Novel General.:blobpeek:

P.S. And u only get a corner. Pitiful. :blobcry:

imK, lychee, dhRPGamer and 2 others like this.
  2. Mafia Lady

Mafia Lady Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Answer is that they don’t care who is father of baby. As long as their beloved wife give birth baby, they will love baby like their own children and accept it. They wanted wife to give birth daughter rather than son as they get jealous of son getting love or attention of their wife.
    It’s Like how some husband accepted or love their new wife (divorce women who remarry)’s children like their own.

3. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting!
    Myths about polyandry? The most celebrated one is the Mahabharata.

otaku31 likes this.
  4. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats the Mahabharata?

Google says its a story of rival cousins warring.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  5. Lazy Bookworm

Lazy Bookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In real life it is pretty difficult. Our culture uses monogamy as the standard. It's difficult to adjust one's thinking to a different paradigm. Jealousy, insecurity, hidden resentments... plus the fact that more people equals less time per person. All these things can easily wreck poly relationships, regardless of male to female ratio.

Kuro_0ni, imK, Asami and 1 other person like this.
  6. Mister Div

Mister Div ? ¿ Founder of The Anti loli Alliance!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    WELL THIS IS HAPPENING!

Femme Fatale likes this.
  7. Trov

Trov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is extremely important. How do you know you genes are truly going to be passed down?
    It's even more important when it comes to stories about royalty/nobility where bloodlines are important. It would be one thing if the mother is the bloodline needing to be passed down, then it wouldn't matter much who the father is. But if the father needs a blood related child. A reverse harem is pretty much a civil war in the making.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  8. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunt understand why. If theres more people you should be able to cover for each other, and fill in the gaps.

I sure dont want to be one of two contributers in a relationship. Sounds exhausting.

imK, Asami and Femme Fatale like this.
  9. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Also its important for medical reasons to keep track of an individuals family history, so you know what to look out for later in life, like cancer, ect.

imK, Arcturus, Westeller and 2 others like this.
  10. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh. Why would you assume the men involved would be nobility/royalty? Most men are neither of these things.

imK, Helaine, Asami and 1 other person like this.
  11. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Five brothers Pāṇḍavas sharing their wife Draupadi. It’s Sanskrit epics of ancient India. You can watch series of Mahabharata. My mom is big fan of it, watch it with my older sisters. I am not big fan of it, I love to watch lord Krishna and Ramayana Series.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    imK, Helaine, Asami and 2 others like this.
  12. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm. Yanno they didnt start doing that until the 20th century?

13. Lazy Bookworm

Lazy Bookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are multiple ways the relationships could work. In some cases the guys might only have a physical relationship with their female partner. In others, they might be physically intimate with each other as well. Could be one on one activity or multiples. Lots of ways it could be arranged, depending on the people involved.

imK, Helaine, Asami and 1 other person like this.
  14. Faye

Faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a dip of info for you guys to understand why polygamy/polyandry exist.

Did you know that you can love a person and still love another person without reducing the amount of love you gave for the first one.
    Don't say that this is bullshit, okay? Look at the love from a wife to a husband then love from wife to her child [it's all a form of love and having a love for a child doesn't mean it will reduce the amount of love a wife has for her husband]

The only question will be, does a person has the capacity to love a lot of people without discriminating the other
    This is the true question which should be asked to a person who wants to start polygamy/polyandry

imK, Asami, orematcha and 3 others like this.
  15. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one of Indian epics where the five Pandaba brothers were married to a single princess, Draupadi.

imK, Asami and Femme Fatale like this.
  16. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    If the paternity is a concern there are ways: abstinence w/ partners other than the planned father being chief among them.

I will warn you that in the stories I know, the men are bisexual which changes things.

Laurell K Hamilton (openly poly) -writes urban fantasy (Anita Blake series: MC is female necromancer who works with the police) early novels are pretty standard, but her later novels went off the rails. She devolved for a while where her books were centered more on sex than on overall plot development (but by that point by had already spent about 10 years following the story). Her latest novels took a turn back though, not as much explicit sex, and she does address some of the challenges in having a poly lifestyle. Like handling emotional sensitive situations (whom is sleeping with whom, etc).

Lauren Dane: modern romance/erotica author. But she has written at least two triad relationships (FMM) that I know of. Her characters are well developed and she addresses concerns in an honest and realistic way (one story had the family turning their backs on love interest for brining in a triad relationships).

17. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, once they realized that you could save lives by studying how the bodies worked, and that it wasn't just God's decision whether you die or not.

imK and Westeller like this.
  18. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Also please don’t discussin real life of polyandry cause I don’t like it. Just discuss novel polyandry, not real life cause I feel embarrassed and I prefer monogamy relationship in real life and love polyandry novel cause no secondary male lead syndrome that broke your heart badly. Just like how men like polygamy novel with no secondary female lead syndrome

Helaine likes this.
  19. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Note that this was placed in the general chat section of the forums, so I believe the intention is for a discussion on both.

20. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, uh, this thread is sort of meant for all thoughts, including real life stuff. That's why it's in general.

Femme Fatale and imK like this.