Discussion The Reverse Harem World

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LynneSuzuran, Jul 8, 2019.

1. LynneSuzuran

LynneSuzuran JP Translator and Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the world of Reverse Harem! (^o^)/
    This thread was started in hopes to discuss and share reverse harem novels as we are more in a shortage of reverse harem novels. We hope to gather people who love to read reverse harem novels to discuss the novels, give spoilers or recommendation!

Rules:
    1. Be kind to everyone. No personal attack or bashing.
    2. Females and males are welcome as long as you respect one another here~
    3. If it's a major spoiler, you might want to use the spoiler tag.

Now, on to the glossary based on my understanding:
    Reverse harem is a harem... But with the gender roles reversed lol. It's usually when a female is pursued by multiple males.
    When the heroine decides to end up with more than one males in the end, it's usually called as True Reverse Harem, or even Polyandry if they're married in the story.

I will be listing the reverse harem novels here whenever possible (with categorization such as which novels are true reverse harem or just reverse harem).

List of Reverse Harem novels:

List of True Reverse Harem novels / Polyandry:

Untranslated Reverse Harem Novels:

Let the thread begin :cookie:

PS: If you want to contribute to the list or add recommendation, please at least post the title and the genre (as in Reverse Harem or True Reverse Harem if you already know it. If not, I'll just put it to Reverse Harem list first).
    Feel free to comment if you have any suggestion~

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me I just need to break all the rules real quick
    *ahem*
    The reverse harem trope is a lie! Just like the harem trope!
    I hate every gender that ends in "e"
    chapter teasers are better than baits

3. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl likes this.
  4. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for created novel general discussion. :blob_grin::blobokhand: summon @Mafia Lady as she is good at recommend smut reverse harem. @Night Assissin Good at fantasy, action, adventure and xuanhuan reverse harem, @Kanna Rose good at recommend matriarch or female dynasty reverse harem novel.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  6. LynneSuzuran

Reading List:
    Link
  7. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get reverse harem I mean if a female has a harem its male and if male it's female but reverse is the opposite yet in novel like female mc reverse harem it's still male and such so us reverse harem just basically harem?
    Yea I'm quite confused

8. LynneSuzuran

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually quite simple.

The definition of harem is: (in former times) the separate part of a Muslim household reserved for wives, concubines, and female servants (thanks to Google).
    Harem is the practice of a male being surrounded romantically by many females.

Therefore, for every female MC novel that has lots of suitors, it's reverse harem.

Tldr:
    Male MC in harem = Harem
    Female MC in harem = Reverse Harem

imK, Mahou-nii-sama, Lurking and 4 others like this.
  9. Mafia Lady

Mafia Lady Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Mafia Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    True Reverse Harem is Female MC having multiple partners who admired or love her. She end up with all of them. It's polyandry that group of partners sharing a wife.

Reverse harem: Different from true reverse harem, Mc choose only one suitor in end and rejected other admirers.

11. LynneSuzuran

Reading List:
    Link
    There are actually some series tagged as Reverse Harem but in the ending, the female MC chose only one suitor, rejecting the rest. That's why I made another term "True Reverse Harem" for those reverse harem novels with reverse harem ending as well (or it can be polyandry too) XD

12. Mafia Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank for detailed, I edited it.

Kanna Rose and LynneSuzuran like this.
  13. Naofumi

Naofumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then Bakarina what kind of harem is???

14. Kanna Rose

Kanna Rose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some good true reverse harem novel, I have mtl
    逐花 - To Pursue By Peach Blossoms. Matriarch novel
    This novel is so cute, sweet, heartwarming and funny female dynasty or matriarchy short novel. No scheming and no palace fight. Mc was killer who crossdressing as man because of reason. While she was fighting enemy, she was fall into cliff. Cossing into strange country where Male give birth, female rule country. It's reverse gender role
    What I like about this novel is mc and her husbands. I like how indifference, calm, mature, elegant, strong, feerless mc is. She don't care about appearances how beautiful they are. She is like indifference and aloof to everything and like how she don't wanted marry or refuse everyone. She is very famous, beautiful and was admired by men. Her best friend is like matchmaker who trying to make mc marry or fall in love with male leads. Male leads are so cute that you feel like to snatch them. They falls in love first and trying to make mc fall for them. It's cute and sweet novel.

尊天下之戏草女皇上, - Playful Outstandimg Regnant Empress. Matriarch novel
    I have read only half of novel long ago because of vip or lock chapter
    vip novel. I like this novel. Female Mc is blackbelly, shameless, gentle, kind, powerful martial art. She is outstanding like her twin sister. She is choosing as regnant empress. I really like her harem male or husbands, they are very loyal and love mc wholeheartedly. Unlike her twin sister, This mc is care, gentle, overprotective to her husbands. She know how to love or cherished them. While her twin sister is different from her, she is cruel, brutal and cool-blooded who think love is weak that destroyed you. She ruthless rejected MLs.

Modern True Reverse Harem, I have completed mtl, This is not matriarch novel.
    爹地妈咪被抢了 Daddy, Mommy Was Snatched or Six Wolves Robbed Mommy
    Strong female mc, Strong male leads, gangster, killer, modern day, reverse harem+8male leads, I though there were only six male lead, realized there were eight male lead. Female mc become CEO, Top Secret Killer, you will like it.

爺太殘暴 Lord Is Too Cruel
    This is not matriarchal novel
    What happened when cold wolf lady Crossing into ancient times and transmigration into cruel and brutal lust prince who was female crossdressing as male. Her reputation known as gay lust tyrant prince, grabbing men, making them boytoy and torture them. is that reputation false? or someone trying destroyed her reputation and wanted her military power
    This is intrigued good novel with strongest cold female protagonist. I have mtl novel, the plot, characters are all attraction and interesting. This is like the captivating crown prince. She is cruel, cold, strongest, overbearing, arrogant, has highest Martial art than ml. Why similar to captivating crown prince. Mc was raised by wolf and was later taken by a man. She become murdue robot with no emotion but only murdur, cruel or ruthless. She transmigration into crossdressing tyrant prince (she is female). Mc is really overbearing and dominant to male leads. One of assassin male lead are too shameless. When scholar ml fall, mc catch him and carry him. He
    shameless act like weak and pretend to fall in front of mc for mc to catch him, mc ignore him and didn't catch him. He trying to seduced mc too but fail multiple. He was only guy who know mc was female because he was with mc when she was little. He and snake was most shameless guys. Other ml was clean freak who hate touch and thing that people touch. Mc shameless touch him and hugs him because he refuse collaborator with mc in business or help her. She need money for war. She snatch his business and money by threaten him with thing he hate. She trying to unite all country that was seperated hundred years. Highly recommend. I really like it. current at 190 chapters. It's has 300 chapters.

I still have other good novel to recommend.

15. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the MLs or the twin sister husbands mix them up with each other?
    Or are there any problems because the MC and her sister are twins?

17. Kanna Rose

Kanna Rose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Plot only focus on mc as it's was her perspective. It don't have much interact or meeting between mc and her sister as her twin sister is independent who travel around place, she don't like to work or become empress, she is only think of practiced martial art and become world number one stronger. Twin sister meet her men when she travel places.
    Mc personality or aura is completely different from her sister, I think she don't look much like her, because everyone can recognized them from glance. As her sister aura is cold and scary. Her parent are very worried abour twin sister as she was cruel and ruthless who killed people, they think she was unsuitable for empress.
    Her twin sister is another novel mc. She is cruel, cold, arrogant and ruthless. She is very strong and powerful, she abusive her husband if they make her angry or touch her bottom line. She doesn't know anything about love and hate love since she was little. She like freedom, hate or kill anyone who control her life, I prefer Outstanding empress novel than this twin sister novel cause this novel had angst that pitiful MLs suffered

Elliana, midnight reader and Pachia like this.
  18. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    i have read Daddy, Mommy was snatched, pursue by peach blossoms and lord is too cruel. I like them. Haven't read playful outstanding empress.

19. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know a novel similar to "In Regards to My 2nd Trip and My 7 Husbands"?

I didn't like how the MC continued rejecting everything in the story, from the polyandry to the fact that she enjoyed sex (nor how forceful the husbands were), but I liked the sort of light-hearted atmosphere the author was trying for.

I also liked how the focus was on pampering the MC.

elparis likes this.