Arifureta Rant

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by PedoBear Version 2.0, Jul 9, 2019.

1. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    The pacing was simply too fast, they don't build up the tension, they simply jump straight to his "kaneki" form and the back and forth between the past and present can cause sever nausea.

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a total mess, I'm not sure if anyone who hasn't read the manga/novel will even understand what is going on. It is that bad... the usage of flashbacks is done totally wrong. These type of things are only done in movies where they try to unravel some mystery and only after you get some awareness of the plot and the character. The way it was done felt like an amateur who watched a few movies and decided to roll with it.

Everything from portrail to tone is totally off.

While I also think the Maou-sama Retry is poorly done, to be fair, the studio (Ekachi Epilka) is new. So they have an excuse for the poor adaptation due to lack of experience (the director is also not very experienced). But in this case, Asread and White Fox are animation studios who have plenty of quality works under their belt, and the director has plenty of experience.

Aka, they had NO excuse for the poor quality.

3. MagneticMagnet

MagneticMagnet Well-Known Magnet

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's be honest. The novel was terrible. It's not a surprise the anime adaptation is terrible too.

mir, waleuska and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  4. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because they believed in the project only till that point? Arifureta can bean ok novel but that's it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for the posts, they gave off a lot of infos.

6. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty good until the bunny girl came to be honest yet even the remaining good part of arifureta was destroyed by this generic and confusing prologue..

mir likes this.
  7. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What's even more Pathetic is that now the **Anime** weebs would never try to understand the good parts about it and why it's different from the generic trash harems :blobcat_knife::blob_catflip:

8. Touma212

Touma212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is one reason why i cant watch anime adaptation after reading the light novel.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  9. JPGr

JPGr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime has been done terribly. Looks like all the stuff at the start of the novel will be dealt with via flashbacks; the actual birth of the monster of the abyss was turned into all over the place cut betweens and really demonstrate plot on the first floor of the actual Orcus. This is probably gonna be received the same way grancrest senki (not that i read it or watched it) was by people, a mess which rushes through events to meet an allotted number of episodes.

10. Rifaman

Rifaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the manga and excited to watch the anime but after this thread maybe i will wait until 3-4 episode out

PedoBear Version 2.0 likes this.
  11. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude rather than the manga, I'd say read the LN. The amount of buildup is far far better, so is the relationship building.

Sabruness likes this.
  12. Treyvan

Treyvan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even the English version synopsis makes the MC out to be a no hope loser with no drive or motivation, instead of having his future and career planned as per the books.

13. Art Of Throwing

Art Of Throwing Spare me

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the start was really messed up. It started when the mc was already at the bottom of the dungeon and they didn't even bother to tell the backstory which makes the mc very very edgy. They just splat out that the mc was betrayed and he needs to change. Which in the LN shows how the mc slowly transforms to his new character.

Sabruness likes this.
  14. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really insulting if something you enjoyed was degraded into something like "this"...

15. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    The beginning is after Hajime falls to the abyss, which cut out the peaceful start

16. MagneticMagnet

MagneticMagnet Well-Known Magnet

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I can agree that the cave in the beginning was the best part even if it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. That said, the bunny girl did come around right after they left the cave so yeah, if the anime messed that up it's not like something was left to salvage.

I heard a rumour that the author had rejected one animation studio before the current one so he's likely had something to do with the confusing start. But it's just an internet rumour so take it with a grain of salt. It would still explain why the release was postponed so much after the initial announcement for anime.

17. Rifaman

Rifaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, i know what they trying to do. They try to lure audience by highlight the edgy and violent genre but it failed because not enough backstory so we can sympathize to the MC. I think if they do it like Gakkou Gurashi it will be more impactful, peaceful first then surprise them with twist in the end.

mir, Kurotsubaki and Sabruness like this.
  18. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, even if it had top tier animation, art and sound I would still consider it trash.
    The only good part in the novel for me was between the mc getting separated from the group up until he finds the vampire girl.

mir and Miku like this.
  19. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH ! Somehow i can't imagine how the plot looks like to newcomers with the MC already in the abyss.

20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhmm yeah. GG was a very good example of how to twist and subvert the expectations of your viewers in a very creative way.

That will be the trouble considering it's likely meant as an advertisement for the LN.