Recommendations Protagonist which focuses more on themselves.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by 3xtBlade, Jul 8, 2019.

1. 3xtBlade

3xtBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m looking for novels with a protagonist focused on itself. He can develop relationship with others later in the novels but I would prefer it if the start of the novel was focused on himself and his surroundings, the world building per se, since I always find it messy when the novels squeeze both world building and relationships stuff in the beginning. Afterwards it’s fine, if not great for relationships to form between him and the people around, since I wouldn’t want the protagonist to stay stuck having a self-centred personality even though his conditions have improved and it’s not no longer necessary.

Examples include The Charm of Soul Pets, Everybody Loves Large Chests, Monster Paradise, The Mech Touch, Chrysalis, and to a lesser extent, Spare Me, Great Lord, all of which I have enjoyed. Unfortunately I have not used my reading list at all so I would have to ask all of u to simply recommend the novels that comes to your mind. Thank you and have a nice day!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. CHR

CHR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    A record of Mortal's Journey to immortality.

A perfect match to your request.

It's a wonderful adventure where no harems ruin it. Mc is a pure hardcore rogue cultivator.

Reverend Insanity, apathetic mc, he does anything that can get him wt he wants, lick boots, kill families. Anything. There's only one thing he cares for and that's Eternal Life. It might edge Ur morals but it's a thrilling read

Hanten likes this.
  6. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the last chapter though... WMW is a good one to add to your reading list

8. 3xtBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Question, how cliche is Sage Monarch and Dominating Sword Immortal? I avoid most CNs nowadays cuz of how cliche they are. ie some trash young master, gain a mystical item or old grandpa, skyrockets in cultivation, faceslaps all who offends him :x.

Ancient Godly Monarch i’ve actually binged to the end on lnmtl. Reverend Insanity though, it’s was quite good initially, but I simply can’t take the constant scheming throughout. One to Two hundred chapters, fine for me, but when it reached 700 I got so tired out by the constant scheming @_@.

Read Warlock of Magus world to the end, great novel though I wished it had more in the relationships department.
    Reverend Insanity as stated above :x.

Managed to binged Lord Xue Ying to the end as well, really enjoyed it.
    For Spiritual Attainment of Minghe, I actually found it quite interesting when it linked to many of the myths and legends, but when it reached the point where he moved into space, I kind of lost interest in it since it felt like it just became a regular CN.

Mind giving your thoughts on Way of the Devil? I skimmed through it’s synopsis but forgot why I didn’t bother picking it up at all xD.

Carefree Paths of Dreams, initially it was quite okay since it had a happy go lucky protagonist, but when he reached the part where he became the strongest cultivator in his area, I felt like it lost its feel, and theme ‘Carefree’. Just didn’t feel very interesting afterwards.

Hmm maybe I should pick up record of a mortal’s journey to immortality again. I stopped reading it to stockpile chapters but never got around to picking it back up long ago.

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

9. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlock of the Magus World before the World of Gods Arc was still a story of adventures and scheming of Leylin. The final quarter and the final arc of that story was greatly reduced to about him screwing up everyone.

10. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty much like carefree path but the mc is a devil with a golden finger with the power to infinity evolve carefree is about being a god and living through the people and worlds. devil is just some op monster. upside they both have family/adopted daughter arcs so they do be human sometimes

11. 3xtBlade

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Eduarda

Eduarda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, maybe The Earth is Online

It's an apocalyptic survival game novel. The novel is very creative and smart, character arcs are well thought out, and the plot is well paced. There's slight BL, and the MC does eventually form a team he can trust, but he's very cautious in nature. He won't hesitate to sell strangers out if it would better his chances of survival. He watches out for himself very well and is extremely clever. But he's not heartless, if he could help or save someone without it endangering himself, he'll do it.

13. 3xtBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw the tag yaoi and... yea. Just not a fan of BL. I did finish reading one BL novel awhile back and thought it was great but I just can’t get the uncomfortable feeling out, no offence.

Dzerx likes this.
  14. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Eduarda

Eduarda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the yaoi tag made me hesitate a bit too, before deciding to give it a try. Tbh, I don't think there should be a yaoi tag in there. That scene is basically one paragraph and it's filled with metaphors and nothing direct. There's like 3 light kisses in the whole story. Romance is really not a priority for the characters. They are much more focused on their need to survive and the mysteries surrounding the black towers. But if that's still not your cup of tea, that's fine too.