Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. sirin423

sirin423 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God

hillo315 likes this.
  2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda surprised Van hasn't guided his (fellow?) students yet.

3. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised no one comment of a vampire being out in day light.

4. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    as far i remember there a talk about artifact that can block sunlight or something like that, or maybe Elanora hiding her self with a cloth like when Isla attack Taloisem in past

hillo315 likes this.
  5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is also not impossible that vampires develop resistance to sunlight due to mutations, what I wonder is why people do not ask how they could tame one from the beginning

hillo315 likes this.
  6. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many people want Eleanora and Isla get into one of their fight in front of the school? Or that Alex kid try to appraisal on them and freak out more?

Bla8bla, NekoMK2, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  7. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to see the reaction of the nobles when they learn that they are going little by little bringing an army of calamities to their backyard and because of the reaction elizabeth to see vandeliu bringing two beauties with slave collars that are fighting for the

hillo315 likes this.
  8. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can [Great Eye of Appraisal] see's rank?

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  9. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It dependes on the strength difference, he could barely see some of Pauvina status but nothing of Van so he may not be able to see anything from the AVs since they are still stronger that Pauvina.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  10. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Alex did not see the state of van, he confused it with a doll when Pauvina was carrying it. For the rest, I think maybe if I can see the range of even monsters with low ranges, but that ability leaves much to be desired

hillo315 likes this.
  11. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    For those that read my summary and did not see the 2 Edits at the bottom, I would ask to check it again, since I added a couple more observations, one of them being related to the moment Randolph hasted his speech when he noticed Van, for those who didn't notice, he did start the name "Va" just before changing the rest.

That's an interesting observation
    Well, that's a fact, but it's also strange that her title remained though.
    It's only a matter of time, they are not part of monster races, so it's harder. It would be funny if he insta-tamed another tamer's monsters though, but I'm unsure if there is another tamer.
    Someone commented on it, so waiting for answers, it's possible Densuke will rewrite that part soon.
    From what I'm seeing, Alex seeing stuff is too obvious, so after Van was not seen 2 times in a row, I'm expecting him to actually not be able to see some people, just to get a bigger reaction later. One thing that I noticed is that it seems it's already over a month at school.
    It was stated that Alex not only trained his and others strong points, but he could also see the level of monsters, and fight only fights that could be won, or join in with adults to earn shared Exp.
    Yes, Alex didn't see anything on Van cause he didn't notice the guy as he was too worried with Pauvina.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  12. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Kanako and co were Guided in 3 days and they were normal races. Of course, the situation was different, but still, there's a big difference between 3 days and a month. Van has also Guided people on sight - eg the slaves when Van was walking around Alcheim.

Randolph seems semi-Guided by Van already though, which is interesting. I wonder if Van's Guidance is working a bit differently after it awakened into a higher form?

PS Great work on the summaries and including author's responses! :blobokhand:

13. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I had an impression that they were converted in a week, but whatever.
    Just like when he did with Kachia and the other victims, people that wish to die are easily lead, that should include the poor slaves that even wished to turn into undead if it was to help Van.

So I do think that 1 month is not enough if there is not much contact, but as we can see now, it's in progress. If Van can't use all his resources like food, certainly it would take more time than just moving people to Talosheim and convincing them with Food.

I can't remember how long it took for the people in the cultivation villages to rely on him, but he still had to go around saving people directly and so on, and only after they were all going to be killed and Van made the offer, they ended up as his citizens enough to gain support from Van's skills.
    Now that you mention it, his guidance did awaken, hmmm

That's some potential.
    Thanks, well, it does help me that I have been involved with some personal projects to make it easier on me to do that sort of stuff, to the point that I can just copy and past the status sheets. So I waste less time in trying to translate. I guess I have also got more used with some Japanese kanjis (Not that I take much attention though). It does take a lot of time to make dictionaries though.

14. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The cultivation villages are a bit different, If I recall Van did not become a guider until after the villages moved to taloshiem. They got bonuses for becoming his subordinates, not being guided. But were strongly disposed towards Van after he went from village to village solving problems just because when he first visited.

15. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. I checked and you're right - Kanako and co took about a week. I was probably thinking of the various Vida countries Van visited where his Guidance effects usually manifested in about 3 days.

Indeed. It depends on how close the individual is to the particular Guidance that Van has. Back when Van first got his Guidance skill, the effects were varied and some of his followers were affected immediately and some later on (after Van's skill had evolved).

Perhaps the main reason why I find it surprising is that they're calling Van with "sensei" (teacher). That's practically "guidance" by itself!

Maybe it's because Van isn't exposing his personal beliefs so much - more like "educational guidance" rather than "lifestyle guidance" and that educational guidance is more generic and common rather than specific to Van. Thinking about it this seems the most plausible reason - becoming a Guider is more about having and preaching a unique outlook, so if Van is not pushing his unique outlook then the Guider skill is less likely to kick in.

For the people in the cultivation village, Van wasn't a Guider at the time so the trigger conditions were different - they got the boost immediately once they became his followers (due to Van's strengthen followers skill).

We shall see. But either way, Randolph seems close to being Guided by Van.

I'm sure I recommended this before but for translations I use the bulk lookup feature here instead of a conventional dictionary:
    http://nihongo.monash.edu/cgi-bin/wwwjdic?9T

I'll use more specific dictionaries when I'm stuck on a particular word or phrase.

16. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that Kari is right, in the case of the Vandeliu students alone, she is teaching or giving advice in general but not because of the fact they are going to be guided instantly, the guide works best when you are imparting the ideals of your guide, in the case of the kanako group they spent a whole week with those who made them close to the making them susceptible to the guide and the slaves more than the guide is the charm of death, I think that in one or two months the majority of students they will be guided only by vandeliu's prescence, elizabeth and her group may fall before while alex may fall even faster because he will go crazy if he sees the state of van.

Reman Scimitar, NekoMK2 and hillo315 like this.
  17. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the cooking class van is in might fall faster than the rest, too. If they share the stuff they cooked with each other.

18. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that after people try the van food they will start flying the commitment offers.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  19. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    They also have a stupidly high chance of becoming either unwilling test subjects or ruinous evil overlords.

The death attribute can have passive effects (like Van's mild perception filter) and can be used to produce curses and the like. I think it may inflict misfortune on whoever has it, which would be a great justification for Van's (pre-Vida) crappy history.

Unfamiliar populations, such as a new school, are great places to level-grind Guidance. Van started slow, but he will only guide people faster and faster here.

It's not strange at all. People on Origin are still supporting that title, and all of her other titles disappeared a long time ago.

Van's Guidance seems to be screwing with Randolph's mental perception. Which is normal for Guidance, only now it's obvious and unnatural.

Bla8bla and Eddy andres like this.
  20. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One must not forget that to be Guided there must be some level of willingness to be Guided. It does not come often because Charm and in Kanako's and co's case they were willingly following Van, accepting his rule and customes of his Empire and they were pretty much 24/7 with him.

Korleone, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 3 others like this.