Recommendations Looking for some apocalypse type novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by momonga143, Jul 10, 2019.

1. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys... I really liked apocalypse type novels.. Been reading a few like mcv,mansion in another world, some few other which i cannot name right now since i forgoten the titles lol... And ive been searching here in NU tags but theres a problem for me...90% of the high rated one and looks good to read are YAOI. Like really... YAOI is taking over the apocalypse tag... Can anyone recommend some good apocalypse type novel which are finished or actively ongoin? Thanks for giving some time for this post!
    Edited:
    P.S.
    I dont like yaoi ever... Dont care what you think about it... Im not that type... Or that kind who likes or dont care about things like that... So please just give me good recomendations without them curses raining on me how im a yaoi hater cause its just a fact i hate it.... I dont hate gay people i just dont like yaoi....

2. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Wonderland
    female MC, but no romance as of 500 chapters
    each "arc" is a different apocalyptic world (since posthumans [humans who have evolved to survive the apocalypse] get transferred to a new world every 14 months)
    for example, the first world is Hyperthermal Hell; it has extremely hot temperatures; the "zombies" are dried up husks [at least until they consume humans] with mosquito-like blood suckers where their nose and mouth are)
    the second world is Garden of Eden; it was destroyed by radiation; "zombies" are bug-like IIRC​

side note: you really don't need to go into detail about disliking yaoi; just request that no one recommend you yaoi

thisworldofmine1 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh read few chapters of that novel... I juat couldnt get into it tho... Like im about 30 to 40 chaps... But will try to read again... Mostly because its really rated high and recommended alot...
    Also about me ranting about the yaoi part... There like 3 to 5 people who cursed me last time for looking for rec and hating on me since i dont read good novels just because of my hating on yaoi... So yeah... Gotta put a really obvious heads up to those kind of people xD anyway thanks...

AkeShiro likes this.
  5. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, lol. There probably are a scarce amount of these. I’m an avid Yaoi/Danmei lover so I really don’t care, but you my man, you’re going to have to stick with whatchu got.

6. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    It's primarily story-driven. The pacing might be a bit slow in the beginning (in the first world), but there's a lot more going on towards the end of that arc and during other arcs. To some extent, it feels like the action never takes a break.

Some people also have a dropped reading lists for novels that they've read but didn't like.

momonga143 likes this.
  7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one I can think of that's actually complete is God and Devil World. And honestly it's pretty good, except it's incredibly repetitive and racist. It's worth giving a try, but if you ever feel like dropping it then just do it cause it won't get any better.

Doom Lord/Doomsday Lord is pretty OK, fairly interesting though it's pretty generic besides the premise/setting. There's basically no chapters translated but I've read 600 chaps of MTL...

Killing Grounds of Demons and Gods, also pretty ok but has similar issues with translation. It did have a translation up to maybe 200 chapters? But the site is down or the links aren't working at least, but maybe you could just google search the title and get lucky... (Edit: Actually it seems like this novel is back up again.)

Now, since I can't really think of any other decent apocalypse novels, how about manga? Apocalypse no Toride and The Last Human are OK.