Would you work for your local government?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Jul 10, 2019.

1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Here there at least 2 type of government worker
    1st civilservant ?sorry I forget correct term you know full blast time worker
    2nd contract worker just like typical corporate worker usually 1 year contract but it may vary depend on which ministry or province or local office

tbh if look for income sake by no mean ever apply to any government job unless it on leader position which tied to political thing
    not worth it espicially if you live at secluded place lel or not so safe place

oh btw I did work for goverment on 3 different level
    province, district I guess and village level as contracted worker each have it own problem especially if your job directly deal with civilian problem such as citizen id, land ownership or something like that~
    here you may get pockets money for helping various cat still it a pain

as for civil servants since my father is one what I can say depend which ministry you in and again province or district leader~ on general yes there improvement for civil servants living standart on past 2decades still you looking for good income never ever apply to civil servants

Note
    I hate type on phone
    TOO SMALL!!!!
    gah!.png

2. Juvi

Juvi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd want to work for @Svalinn if he gives me 89 nuffies a day and free coffee. I don't think I could burn out if I keep chugging coffee. Also, I hear he is a good employer. He employed @Blitz to start a club for him, and Blitz seems like quite the enthusiastic employee.

Blitz likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    yes he is quite the kind boss. Always reserved and patient. He even gives nuffies like pocket change for avi's.

4. Deleted member 188892

Deleted member 188892 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    does one sign up?:aww::aww::aww:

5. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already put in my application for the county. Now, I have to wait for the exam to be set up, than hopefully I'll pass and proceed on to the interview. I need to work and improve my interviewing skill, them hopefully I'll be made an offer for this time. Cross my finger. I have many worry about taking on a stricter job, however, I need it for security reason.

If I could, I would just honestly move where ever my company has opening. So many of my co-workers (like supervisors) are doing that. However, I can't just do it because they did it and it sounded great. I also have co-worker who moved out of the state and didn't stay with the company. So, yea. Everyone has unique situation and their choice is even more unique.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    How much does a civil servant makes?

We don't have that kind of level here in the USA. Just Federal, State, County, and City. And they do hiring for their own branches and department. I have not think of one better than the other. There are just different regulation one must be aware of while employed. Often visiting State locations, I feel they are very under staff and high stress. One time, I was at the Social Security Administration Office and waited for an entire hour. I walked up to one of the window, waiting to ask; but didn't realize I was over the red tape line required for us to stand behind while there is another person at the window for privacy sake which is total BS ( we can hear every time from the sitting area). The staff stopped and looked at me; in a very mean way, quite aggressive, told me I need to step back behind the line. Extremely rude that I felt like cursing her, however, I restrained myself and could tell the staff were under high stress. The waiting area were fulled and there were only two opened windows of the five available. People were extremely patient because we had no other choices. However, short-temper people could easily complained and turned a neutral room into a hell hole. I have personally witness that at Walmart: one scumbag's shitty remarks and aggressive tone makes every on edge and before we know people were telling him to shut up and patiently wait in line or leave the store.

I have a colleague in the county. Stress and high turn over rate.
    I have a friend in the State. High stress. Politics. Poor management in rural areas as his co-worker get way with playing all day and not one work strike. Big Boss is a A-hole.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    mir likes this.
  7. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Cat Boss〗〖Feeling the Effects of Aging〗

Reading List:
    Link
    If it pays well >.>

8. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    If i could, yeah i would. Local council jobs here in Aus, at least from what ive seen, tend to be pretty stable and decently paying.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  10. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    troublesome... many people will come to ask help process their documents faster.. even though the document is for different department..
    good thing about it though is you can process urs faster too.. n receives many gifts

11. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Because government doesn't pay you that much and doesn't have overtime and dedication remuneration in their book.

12. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck with that! I'll be cheering for you! \o/

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it good enuf for living on basic level cuz cilvil servant have some benefic such as~
    monthly food fee which may given on product such as rice or cold cash~
    easier to loan money from bank
    house credit
    ect

you know here there something like hmm rank I guess? long time ago lowest is ( I [roman number]A) and highest I guess ( IV[roman number]D or E?) now it started from II A,

on general here there not good civil servant distribution~ some place may have too many while other to few~ and that still not count on skill relation with what someone should have it on work~ someone who have degree or trained on law may end up on agriculture sector~
    well based on my experience yes under staff is general thing cuz civil servants is expected to have multiple ability to reduce country financial burden~ there also problem left by previous generation ~ oh well imo administration desk can as stressful as field job~

Femme Fatale likes this.
  14. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk about other place, but for my local government and the job I am going for, there is definitely overtime. I had been asked about the ability to accommodate overtime in county job interviews before.

Ranting: My Starbucks Frappe suck today. It tasted weird after I arrived at work. I finally had enough and looked at the order tab on the cup -- holy, that explains the taste. I asked for 1.5 pump of the base, but the lady wrote 1.5 frappo roast coffee. Wrong! I want more coffee and less sugar, but here they took away my coffee and make my Frappe taste like vanilla. I wish, I would have look at the cup before driving off.

mir and Femme Fatale like this.
  15. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Which country is this?

Femme Fatale likes this.
  16. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Where Ai-chan is, everyone wants to work for the government. You get paid a lot of money, you get government insurance based on your rank, you can get all kinds of loans with the government being your guarantor, you can get plenty of day offs, you always get a large bonus and all you need to do is dangling your legs and chit chatting with your coworkers. The only exception are the school teachers, who always work like dogs, but even school teachers get paid a lot of money, that's why people who apply to be teachers do not do it to educate, but to get high salary, which is one of the reasons why the national education is getting worse.

Demand for government jobs is so high that you cannot get a government job unless you can get someone in the government who can recommend you for the job. It is well known that government jobs are cushy jobs. All you need to do is swing your legs, do token work, sleep and collect money at the end of the month.

Oh but, the downside of working for the government is that you are not allowed to have your own opinion. If you say something contrary to the government's narrative, you can kiss that promotion goodbye or even lose your job.

mir, Wujigege, cap.toon and 1 other person like this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to Indonesia
    objectively speaking there various improvement during past decade still since the problem left for too long add with big country size and too many law here and there some problem I mentioned still exist~ current president which win his second election not too long ago alredy said he want make huge reformation on civil servant and bureaucracy ~
    who knows what will happen on administration sector later

similar thing what @Ai chan mention about civil servant also happning here tho
    you get money just for chat around, doing minimal work ect lel

Ai chan likes this.
  18. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I would run the local government as a silent investor manipulating the Mayor or whatever official runs the town

19. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Funnily enough, I've heard the exact same about companies. Too many people with managerial titles, money spent to improve IT systems going up in smoke (talking large numbers here, system for a multinational), cooking the books, taking the human factor out of managing underlings and then being surprised productivity is dropping company-wide, incompetent bosses everywhere, department-wide bullying, indiscriminate firing, setting up structures to conveniently get rid of people instead of directly firing them (includes e.g. people who just came back from sick leave due to cancer), incompetent/inadequate people getting promoted, outdated contracts, the list goes on. Note that this is in a country with quite a lot of employee protection. But it's never enough ...

This list is based on the experiences of four people in the private sector in the past few years. I don't think the government is necessarily worse or better than the private sector. It'll always depends on the structure of where you'll work, the activities and the people there.

mir likes this.
  20. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    As for the subject of this thread, isn't it a job like any other? Look at wage, benefits, travel time, possible promotion, how they treat employees, your interest in the job and every factor you can think of and if you feel it's alright given your options, apply.

Of course, if you actually plan to have a career then you've gotta pay more attention to your wages, possible connections and possibilities for promotion and maybe not always take a new job on quickly (but you don't want to be unemployed for long either of course), but hey you know so much more about your situation than us.