WuxiaWorld Ad Changes + Future Reading Model

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by TheHoblit, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Lol I'd have to agree, WW is the entire reason I started using an adblock on my phone. I don't mind ads, just don't like multiple pages opening up on me along with whatever they bring with them. Anyways i stopped reading there after I finished CD, MW & DE.

2. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Silvania likes this.
  3. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Then what happens when the last chapter of a novel is released?
    Once the last chapter is out the novel is completed and is locked.
    Is there a buffer periode there or is it locked at once?

xalienxgamerx and Wujigege like this.
  4. Silvania

Silvania Has returned to Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer to that one @DragonMage18 was in the reddit post.

There is a one month grace period after a novel is completed

5. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's pretty fair. Too many people complaining about how it's getting too expensive to read novels (you know which web), but WW take on it is fairly good. They're a company and little/no revenue is horrible. I personally would love to buy physical copies should they ever (be able to) make them.

6. NovelReaderAnonymous

NovelReaderAnonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do love how people who have no idea how ad service on web sites actually work act like they know exactly what's going on.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha priceless.
    Sadly, it is those without knowledge that make the loudest noise.
    [​IMG]

8. Dwarkin

Dwarkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People, do you remember how QI had begun? Now I smell something similar from this good guy Ren Woxing. At first we'll have a paywall for completed novels and what will be next?
    Thanks to the people under Jolly Roger, there are epubs for all WW novels, and I recommend to grab and save them for everyone

9. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Next, it either works or we finish up our current novels and go on our merry way to other jobs :)

10. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @rwxwuxiaworld
    The only thing I don't see mentioned is whether WW will still do ebooks(Amazon, B&N, Kobo, etc)? Not KU, but reasonably priced eBooks as another form of revenue. To me, it doesn't make sense not to do that.
    (There could be a discussion about when to start doing eBooks, it might be worthwhile to wait until the Karma system is in place if that's coming in the near future).
    Note: 'Editing' is probably the answer since there are varied differences in editing quality between the various novels. To be fair, it's usually the proof-editing that varies in quality and not so much the content editing.

Still, I would think some novels could be readied in a fairly short amount of time.

For that matter, why not start putting out initial volumes of currently translated novels to eBook websites? It would generate more exposure to WW, and increase revenue among all relevant parties.
    On that note, how did the MGA novel do when it was released a few years ago? That could give an idea of how well received such an offering would do.

There could also be book bundles where WW includes the initial volume of various novels at a set price (say $9.99 for 4 volumes) that would include the first hundred chapters or so of a novel.

Note: Just to be clear, I'm not opposed to the other changes that are being implemented, just wondering about the rest :)

11. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely, albeit as you noted we need to do a lot of editing, which we currently are. We will still do ebooks, although if you buy directly from us you will have pdf/mobi/epub versions that you can load on any device, including Kindle, if you so choose.

100 chapters or so usually IS the first novel in an 8 book series like CD, but I'll think about possibilities there. I'll be keeping CD on Amazon for A/B testing, as I said. Hopefully it all works out!

12. noriga

noriga Smile ..

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know God Grid?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.