How far can you blame someone?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Jul 12, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ranting from reading unreasonable Chinese novels:

Yea I know. The villain causes you to miscarry. She "teaches" and deceives you into running way and ignoring your handsome ML. She is so jealous, she uses your trust to destroy your reputation and covers your beautiful physical look with heavy makeup. But how much can you really blame the villain?

The FL or ML is also responsible for a portion of their own misfortune. No matter how much you trust somebody, you still have to use common sense. Nobody lack common sense. If anyone say they do...well, they are misplacing the blame.

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Or you will stop caring at somepoint

3. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You sound like one of those guys who'd say things like 'You wouldn't have gotten bullied if you stuck up for yourself'.

4. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    "You got sick because you wanted to, didn't you?"

5. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    So now we're doing victim-blaming in novels too? Greeeaaaaatttttt...

6. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    i can blame till Galaxy Far Far Away until Once Upon a time.
    that how far and long i can blame someone.

its always easier to blame someone then yourself

7. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there are some cases where the victim is partially responsible. Like if you break into a restricted area and get mauled by a guard dog, yeah you're the victim of an attack, and the dog is responsible for your injuries, but you are also at fault as you shouldn't have been in that area in the first place.

Britney123, lilysmith and LordCorwin like this.
  8. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    "He raped me, but i got shitface drunk and let him flop on top of me."

9. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    I say it's harder to blame yourself than to blame others so.. 100% blame the villain who ruins thy life!! :blobhero:
    100% blaming the villain for constantly using same tricks over n over again:blobexpressionless:

hahaha jk... agree 100% how can ML/FL blame the villain when its they themselves who are like brainless idiots that easily follows the villains plans *sneers* shud first look at themselves and reflect what has gone wrong ~.~
    *so tired of those revenge drama plots*:facepalm:

Toralk and lilysmith like this.
  10. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I wouldn't be that kind of guy. Just cause you stand up, that's doesn't mean bullying will stop. Sometimes, it invokes more aggression. There is not deception in bullying. The person is straight up saying they hate you to your face. They make you feel miserable, but you know who is the enemies.

I'm talking about the FL/ML who again and again fool themselves to mindlessly believe the bad guys; even past record indicated that whatever the bad guys suggested always end up in something bad. How could you interact with someone for years and not be able to judge their character? Anyone who can hide their flaw or true intention would be a psychopath that is ambitious for their own interest and has little interest in being jealous over what the ML and FL has.

Everyone is first responsible for themselves, therefore don't get drunk without a trusted person around unless that people who flopped you is your trusted person. Sorry, now it's entirely the other person's fault. Now, let's turn the other way to face the other person, it is not okay to help yourself to an unconscious person who is not in the right state of mind to give you consent. period.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    lilysmith likes this.
  11. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh I mean yeah if you don’t bother to stand up for yourself, you do deserve part of the blame. If the villain comes over and steals your position and you just grin and bear it, say it’s fine whatever, you do set yourself up for failure. But I don’t think abuse of trust is the victims fault. If you believed whole heartedly that someone’s doing this for your benefit or you believed they’re on your side you don’t typically doubt them. You dont randomly stop and proceed to dissect every single decision someone made or sometimes notice that they screwed you over until they go too far.

lilysmith likes this.
  12. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, but some novels have the villain push the FL/ML extremely far until person is on their last breath. Then there is the rebirth.

lilysmith likes this.
  13. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of gun control. Stop people from legally owning guns in order for them to be easily robbed, raped, and killed.

14. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    Villains shouldn't be excused from their actions. And victims should not be blamed for what happens to them.

That said, Humans who are indeed part of the cause of their own misery will often do anything to shift blame from their shoulders, and justify their own actions. To actually look at how you contributed to a bad situation takes a degree of introspection that discomforts a lot of people. It is much easier to look for someone, or something to point a finger at. As many situations that are black and white in the world, there are many more gray ones. and the world will never be short of people who don't want to take full responsibility for what they do. If you see that in novels, I say it's an accurate representation of most human behavior.

mir likes this.
  15. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    But what if someone with many guns is robbed and those guns are then used in further crimes?

Anyway, back to the topic.
    You can technically blame anything for as long or as much as you want. But don't expect anyone to actually take you seriously unless they're braindead or seriously tied to your chariot once you pass a certain point in incredulous imaginative blames. At that point, continuing to blame wouldn't further your cause unless your whole point is to get that type of reaction, but it's stll possible.

Wujigege likes this.
  16. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Gun control is what it is stated, control. It prevent people from defending themselves against more serious crimes or situation. Nowadays, I can’t take out a gun and shoot the thief. I have to run away and/or hide while the police is on their way. When I’m hurt, can I sue the thief for robbery? Hell no. But when the thief is hurt in my home, he can sue me for medical damages. :facepalm:.

We had a case here, two towns away where a lawyer axe his wife. Someone wrote on facebook, we should have stricter law on who owns an axe. :blobtriumph: Like seriously? Did this person learn anything from k-12?

17. joyfan

joyfan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, this is just my personal belief..and it might cause controversy.. but it imho takes two hands to clap. People react based on how you act, vice versa.

I believe a lot on gray zones even in the most heinous crime, things are often not as cut and dried as we would like it to be (war crimes comes to mind) We tend to modify how we remember things.. to justify our action. Memories are subjective. Our brain has biases, many of them. There are many criminal memoirs where they justify their action or blame it on something else that has happened to them. Inherently most of us need to think what we do is right or it’s for the greater good.. else we might not be able to live with ourself. That’s the reason many of us choose to forget the small petty things that we do daily, else it might clash with our identity.

In a situation, it often depends which side of the scenario you choose to look at.. intentionally or not we will perceive it different from one another. Things that we zoomed in into or what we left with will varies according to your personal life experience, what matters to and what not. Even age, upbringing, cultural influences and things you consume such as tv etc will make you see things differently.

RL example. Thinking back to when I was in school sure I was bullied but I gave them the chance to do it since I didn’t have the skill to blend. Thus I picked up some social skill and learn to read people and blend with the rest. You could see it as,I am self blaming, but I could also see it as challenges to improve myself to be a better me. In the end it’s a personal perception and decision.

Of course living like oh I’m always partially at fault all the time would be too mentally taxing to our brain and mental health, thus more often than not, it’s easier to cope by blaming it on something else. Other people, environment. or even fate.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who double crosses me will be executed by my hand.

cap.toon and Wujigege like this.
  19. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    School shooting is only an american thing, because of easy access to guns. It's not like someone can be like the Fist of the North Star and beat all the students to eternal sleep.

Ushiyama Tatsuma and Wujigege like this.
  20. Deadrule

Deadrule Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we can not know what a victim feels as in no case we can put ourselves in victim's shoes , maybe he/she could have stopped it if they have just taken a stand for themselves or maybe they should have more backbone and all kinds can be told to the victim by people .But it's unfair to put our thoughts on them or blame them for not having enough courage as we haven't suffered like them. In a story like this I always am interested in the ways the characters try to improve themselves after the incidents or getting second chances but blaming the victim is not the way