Kicked out of home at 18 years old

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Jul 13, 2019.

1. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it still baffles me, but I've personally seen this happen. The belief of parents is - you are 18, which means by law you are independent, so go make your own living..

To be more precise, it's not that everyone does it, but it happens often enough that everyone knows there are people who are getting kicked out of the house at 18.
    It's not directly related, but there were cases when kids at around 12 were kicked out of the house for religious reasons. This is not legal, of course, and there were various problems

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Deleted member 155674 and mir like this.
  2. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    It's common for people to move out, but the link you posted was quite novel...

The thing that stood out to me was it implied the kid wasn't allowed to get a job before he moved out, and he was only given 1 month.
    Usually when people go independent, they get a financial foothold before they move out, not figure it out once they're homeless.

Crazy how there're so many questionable points just from one short question.

3. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the trick is getting a full-time job without experience, and especially without a drivers license. Depending on where you live, it might be impossible to go anywhere without a car.

4. IronValkyrie10126

IronValkyrie10126 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could also be a foster child. Once the kid turns 18, no more government check/ reason to keep them around.

5. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's definitely exaggerating, especially the cannot find a job part, they gonna kick you anyway why would you even care about what they think? better get some money while still have a free place and food, they probably can't kick you out before 18 anyway. and the first thing he think after getting kick out is become a homeless... even if this is real, I don't think he even has a mentality or intention to find a job at all, he's not ready. and yeah, f the parents.

6. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Kids who get kicked out like that usually come from troubled homes. Basically homes where at least one parent is either alcoholic, drug addicted, or violent and don't want to "have another mouth to feed". Another reason, though thankfully not as common anymore, is if the child is found out to have any sexual orientation that is not straight or if they are dating someone who isn't the "right" color, religion, etc.

7. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprise, birthday party?

8. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    Happened to me, I was kicked out two weeks after getting my diploma.

9. Three Headed Blue Cerberus

Three Headed Blue Cerberus [Hell Gate Keeper][God of Lust and Sloth]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's normal in U.S , I mean it's normally happen.

10. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    It happen, there's many type of parents, maybe that parents don't wanna to take burden to take care their kid because economy (it always involved with economy) but usually parents will make preparation for their kid before he turn 18, either reccomend him a place to work or give him some skill that deemed usefull for his life.

When I was at his age I already a part time worker, saving manoy for college.

11. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I do not know how you raise your children so you want them out of the house.
    First, you as a child should know about the possibility, you can not tell me that you never talk about what you want to do as a "child" with your life etc.
    After that comes the part with drugs and other things they are not pretty, but as a parents, you no longer have the authority to restrict someone, so you have to kick them out.
    When the parents do drugs, the children usually leave themselves.
    Even in the Soviet Europe Union, where in most countries the parents have to "pay" until the child "learns" the first job up to 25 years of age (that is, when the child begins to attend university, ie 18 + 5 years, until It will become master, but there are some topics like medicine / law that take longer, so the "normal" way is up to 25.) For the living, you can still throw him / her out of home

. I do not see any problem with that. They still can join the navy.

12. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf is Soviet Europe Union? And no, no one "have/had to pay" there.

13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe this is a cultural thing. For Asian, Spanish, Italian and etc. everyone lives with each other. Their is respect for our elders and a responsibility for each other that is instilled in us since childhood.
    Personally I don’t understand kicking family out. I mean really you spent over 18 years of sacrifice just to throw it all away. That don’t make no sense.
    It’s true in the US at the age of 18 the parents are no longer responsible for the person. But still after home schooling them and not giving them no real world experience. That’s just s@#$&d.
    If I was that person I would join the military personally.

14. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are totally right. All the latest political movements totally destroyed family and familial values. It's about money and gains now :blobsad:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  15. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    yep XD

16. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know in example Germany and Poland, you can get "child benefit" until 25 when the child learn for the first "job", see the university example ...
    The next, if the parents have the money they need to support the child until it is still learning for the first job, etc.
    In bouth countries, the most universities are state-owned, so you do not have to pay much for it, more for the cost of living.AND there you can sue your percentages, yes, there are programs to support people like scholarships or government loans, but first they look there to see if the perants can pay the cost before you can get them even if the "child" is over 18 and theoretically speaking shoud do/live it by itself.

17. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in the old times people are already independent around 15 tho. So i guess it's okay.
    The problem around this era is that the standard for working is getting higher and higher.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  18. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    He already got a lot of good answer there.

19. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    If all else fails he can apply into the military like i did. A temporary solution until he can built up enough capital for further education or business.

20. Megajoke

Megajoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most parents say they're going to do it. But they usually try to find them a job or be an asshole until you say F it, I'm getting my own money and my own place. Bad parents usually kick kids out at 18 with no way to fend for themselves.