I Found this on Facebook.... I'm.... I'm not sure what to think of people, anymore.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Osamaru, Jul 13, 2019.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s nothin. This is WAY more disturbed.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/breast-milk-cheese

:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I see.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so... I decided to give a quick google search over "Is it safe to eat raw chicken?"

I looked at the two top results, I'll link them here:
    https://www.healthline.com/health-news/should-you-eat-new-raw-chicken-dish-experts-say-no#1
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xymxzj/trolling-aside-is-it-actually-safe-to-eat-raw-chicken

So... First things first, both links agree that the risks are bigger than the benefits.
    Secondly, both links mention that the food is eaten in Japan as something normal, one of them even says it's "considered pretty dang safe." over there.
    Third, the food is being served at a few restaurants on the US, and I'm pretty sure they are going through the standard checks to see if their place is safe for consuming food, and... Well, I'm pretty sure they weren't sued for getting anyone sick for eating raw chicken either.

So... I think it's fine? Needs to be prepared properly of course, but I don't think there is any issue with eating raw chicken if the cook knows what they're doing?

Osamaru likes this.
  4. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care how "properly" its prepared, Its still a huge risk, and anyone who's ever had food poisoning will tell you that its not worth it, no matter how fancy they try and make it.
    I'd say its about on the same level at those people eating pufferfish. Just slightly less likely to kill you.

5. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's risky everytime I eat ceviche, because we use raw shrimp bought from the supermarket (it doesn't taste anywhere near as good if you use cooked shrimp, in my opinion), so if the chicken were prepared properly, I'd be fine with it, it might even be safer than the ceviche.

I wonder why so many humans are so fixated on only thinking of a handful of animals as meant for eating. Is the mental categorization too strong that it causes an automatic digust? Or is it fear of unknown side effects of long term consumption?

GDLiZy and AliceShiki like this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll only believe it's a huge risk if someone makes a proper research revolving people that eat raw chicken on restaurants and how many of them got food poisoning! xD

Osamaru likes this.
  7. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw chicken? What's that?.

8. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I say, there are both cons and pros for both raw and cooked meat. People should stop being so weird out by this, even more so when they looked down on those who like them.

The thing goes both ways, I can say that cooked food used much more oil and chemical than eating it raw, so more chance of getting diabetes and destroying your liver.

9. Hublub

Hublub Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw chicken is more dangerous because bacteria can penetrate deeper than in say, beef or horse.
    Most of the bacteria in beef and horse can be removed by treatment at the surface level, but it's not as easy for chicken.

Fun story, when I was working in Japan, my coworkers tricked me into eating raw chicken on a skewer by telling me that it was cooked (the room was quite dark, and I couldn't tell that it was raw from looking), and then as soon as I had put it in my mouth, they essentially forced me to swallow by telling me it would be disrespectful to the restaurant owner to spit it out. I knew that we were going to a place that served raw chicken, but I explicitly told them beforehand that I would not eat it under any circumstances.
    My coworkers were absolute [insert expletive of choice here]s.

That said, horse sashimi is quite nice, especially horse heart with a bit of soy sauce. But again, easier to treat for bacteria.

10. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    just suddenly thought that maybe someday humans will end up biting each other.. *imagines in drama instead of face slappings, it'll be biting fight* :sweating_profusely: from raw sea creatures.. now raw mammals too.. chicken is a small mammal... *sweats* humans are just bigger form of mammals *sweats* pls. ignore this pessimistic thought of mine :sweating_profusely:

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Breast milk cheese is great. Sweet and succulent. It is at least better than dick cheese, which every girl (and boy) who give head would've tasted at least once in their lives.

userunfriendly likes this.
  12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Once again @Ai chan topped my disturbed link...that may be her talent!:blobfearful::blobsalute::blob_tilt::blob_coffee:

Ai chan likes this.
  13. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... chicken isn't a mammal.
    Also biting in fights already happens.

14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Chickens be low budget Tyrannosaurus Rex.:p

15. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhh! but a beef is one... thanks for correcting.. *bows*
    hmm.. so more like chomping? any biting that can tear meat..

16. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh you mean tearing :blobfearful: yep, that one I don't know. ..... probably somewhere it happens, when people are crazily-mad.