LCD Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Jul 4, 2018.

1. penguinleecher

penguinleecher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, constellation and story fit better than "saint" and "fable." A fable implies that something is fantasy, like a fairy tale, but many of the characters (like some of the constellations from the Korean peninsula) have abilities (stigmas) that are based on historical context (like the Korean sniper old woman.)
    Saint without any other descriptor makes me feel like they should be something holy or pure, which does not fit many of the constellations like Brash Swamp Predator or the zodiac rat. Constellation links together well with the nebula system as well, and I believe there are some descriptions where they are actually portrayed as stars.

2. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Saint was just used on the War, as not all Constellations are involved in that side but only the ones who are in the Good faction.

We have our chuuni Black Dragon from the Evil faction who'd likely sit on the Demon side, you know.

edit: I feel awkward with Heewon and Hyunsung's name change.

3. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh,seems like i need time to adapt with the new change in the story :blobastonished:
    edit : thanks for the new chapter! :aww::aww:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    A_Passing_Wanderer likes this.
  4. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where is the "He's right, you know" meme when you need one?

The "Saint" bit only applies to the upcoming Great War. Constellation is indeed correct. The Hanja letters used for the Great War of Saints and Demons are "saints and demons".

Edit: I also don't like "Hyeon-Seong", as that just looks like a random collection of alphabets, but what can I do? That's apparently the rules.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  5. Leifman

Leifman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, why does this guy even get a 'job' or get asked to translate novels?
    Sorry to say it fellas, but Omniscient is going to go WAY downhill now.... this dude ruined 'Only I Level Up' (IT'S CALLED SOLO LEVELING JESUS U ENTITLED PRICK) with his stupid 'name changes' and other stuff that were completely 'fine' and well accepted by 2 different translation teams (chestnut/100whitesalts) for the novel and even the webtoon and he still went against all the fanbase and known accepted terms/CORRECT names for his own entitled ass-pulled 'translation skills'.
    Honestly, him getting booted off 'second coming of 'GLUTTONY', yes not AVARICE dumbass' was the best thing that ever happened to that novel. karma is a bitch huh? well, the unfortunate part is that now due to turtle not working on Omniscient anymore, somehow this dude got the gig here...

Well, expect it to go downhill... as you can tell, i am REALLY not a fan of this entitled wannabe 'translator'.

6. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO:

7. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    1. He can't go 'solo' if he's the only one who can level up, ffs.
    2. He wasn't alone all the time, unlike the guy from One Man Army.

That's cause name changes is one hell of a work, dumbass

Oh crap I don't have the time to lecture you when you haven't even read the full thread and likely just here to bash the translator.

Who gave you a right to say who can translate and who can't? Do you have some diploma on both Korean and English language to be eligible to yap off which is proper and not proper?

Ffs the guy already stated why he's doing this, and it's not like it's a brand like Samsung that's been widespread for years which would have a reason why it's inconvenient to correct it.

8. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm translator-san, Are you live with the raws? I wanna know if the story is burning or was put out? as I am now in ch 257 and its kinda boring now

9. winterblossom

winterblossom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    For the time being, one a day. Enough chapters have been TLed so far, but not all of them are edited, unfortunately. Once my assigned editor is up and running properly, I'll do my best to stick to two-a-day schedule.

Oof, double post.

Can't exactly recall what was happening in 257.... Was that the Murim Arc? Or the Demon World arc? Or Gourmet Association Arc? :hmm:
    Me and my rubbish memories.....

Anyhow, it does get more exciting, with Gigantomachia coming up. The current arc of 'Great War of Saints and Demons' is also really interesting, going to some unexpected places, even.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
    number 999 likes this.
  11. Newtinator

Newtinator Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh TL changes 363 chapters in! I'll stick to the spoiler thread then.

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  12. Stop staring at my username

Stop staring at my username Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if I can't get used to the name changes, I'm just thankful that I can still read an English translated ver of ORV cuz I don't know Korean at all...
    Thank you translator

13. ladyartemis

ladyartemis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I am grateful ti the new translator fir picking this up! No worries, I will also try my best to adjust to all the changes. What's important is that ORV will be translated!!! Thanks new translator :aww:

14. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    I think 'Saints' is only used in the saint and demon war...? Ohh, it was already talked about, welp...

I think the name changes are perfectly fine, it makes sense if you know the Korean Romanization for characters.It probably will take some getting used to for the readers, but nothing really drastic. It would probably be much easier for sir Translator to translate them in this system since it is more consistent and probably takes way less effort to translate compared to working hard to match the old translations and go back every time to see what was translated.

Noted changes for reference:
    Story → Fable
    Yu Hosung → Yu Ho-Seong.
    Jung Heewon → Jeong Hui-Won.
    Lee Hyunsung → Yi Hyeon-Seong
    Jang Hayoung → Jang Ha-Yeong
    Yu Jonghyuk → Yu Joong-Hyeok
    Constellation and Demon War → Great War of Saints and Demons
    Shin Yoosung → Shin Yu-Seung
    Transcendents → Transcenders
    Stone and I → Pebble and I
    Great-grade→Historical Figure- grade
    Narrative-grade→Fable-grade
    Yoo Sangah → Yu Sang-Ah
    Star fruit→ Star Relic Fruit
    Devil of Lust and Fury → Devil of Lust and Wrath
    Electrification → Lightning Transformation
    Lamarck’s Kirin → Lamarck’s Giraffe
    White Pure Star Energy → Purest Sword Force
    Lee Jihye → Yi Ji-Hye
    True voice → mantra

to be edited for later chapters
    -----
    I'll personally be fine as long as no one touch the modifier [Demon King of Salvation] it's a restricted territory lol,

tbh I still can't remember who is who even with the TL notes about the old names, I couldn't remember who Jang Hayoung (I think is the blond(?) gender cannot be determined girl(?) from earth, I only remembered after KDJ talking about how (s)he was made from his request)was for a long time, so names literally mean nothing to me and I'm just using context clues in who is who.

I don't know why I'm responding to a older thread, I just ignored the last two pages for no reason because I was blind... I'm not a weirdo, I swear

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Arbalest, Shino Miya, nejvi and 4 others like this.
  15. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can ride with the name changes and the fable thing... But it's just too awkward for me to see the characters calling each other with Mr and Ms... Even though you've change their name to a more correct Korean Romanization but you're using the English for of it instead of the Korean version which is the '-ssi'.. My God.. This is so inconsistent..

16. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be reverting back to -ssi, as that would cut the word count just a tad and hopefully, lower the overall SS amount required.

17. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely different. It's all different when I try to sound it out and a "-" messes me up when reading a name. And most people don't know the Korean romanization, so saying it's proper doesn't mean much. It probably wouldn't matter much if the novel always user these name from the start, but it didn't so it's extremely off putting.

18. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    I do under-stand what you are talk-ing about. Read-ing words like this does mess up pro-noun-ciation. It does add a bit of pause in be-tween words. I also under-stand your frus-tration over the mat-ter be-cause I also am hav-ing a bit of trouble with Heewon and Hui-won. But, it is the style of translation of A_Passing_Wanderer(I think). It is also shows how Korean is pronounced character by character, like how Kim Dokja is made up of Kim Dok and Ja. I am just giving my honest opinion that I would like to respect that because I myself wouldn't want to be judged on how I talk or write.

A_Passing_Wanderer and nejvi like this.
  19. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice compilation! Will add to first post.

20. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    ^ LOVED THE NEW COVER, ITS BEAUTIFUL
    Still thankful that I still got to read ORV. I only read ORV in web-novel as all other stories there are meh.