Recommendations Entry manhua for a manga reader?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Szmiiit, Jul 12, 2019.

1. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

2. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm honestly surprised this one was Chinese, but now that I look at it again signs are everywhere.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    It is? Could have sworn it was made by some japanese guy who did a hent** or something before

For manhua, i find most of the recent stuff to have poor art and pacing, so it definitely will be hard to get into. Maybe start with some of the old stuff like Douluo Dalu 1, autophagy regulation or Tales of Demons and Gods as i found their early art and pacing to be much better than say, the ISSTH manhua. Also, i think the taiwan manhuas are significantly different (i think their are from taiwan, stuff like 1/2 Prince and the one) and since they are black and white and are more similar to manga, they might be easier to get into first

4. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    It's what makes it a good choice in my opinion. It's less of a cultural shock for the uninitiated. It's really funny. Also, everyone can relate to the topics discussed.

Kiskaiya likes this.
  5. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Chinese letters on a cover are a pretty good indicator. There are also minor things that stand out on Japanese background.

6. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an incredibly late reply, but where are the chinese letters? If you are talking about the author name, isnt basically every japanese person named completely using kanji (chinese letters)? And everything from the authors profile page to IMO the story itself all feel japanese, not chinese

7. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    In the place I was reading it the letters on cover looked Chinese, and about story, while for somebody used to Chinese stuff it mabye looks off for a Chinese, for me it looks off for a Japanese manga, and the things that look off are somehow aligning with the Chinese manhua stereotypes that I recognize. It's just some minor details, not anything big.

8. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Manhwa is not Manhua.

Combat Continent is always a virgin breaker.

9. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, it still feels more like a Japanese manga then a Chinese manhua (e.g much more explicit ecchi stuff), as well as the title and various onomatopoeia being written in Japanese hiragana, etc. Also, the author's name is 柳田史太 (YANAGIDA Fumita), which feels distinctively Japanese, especially since to the best of my knowledge Chinese surnames are mostly single letters and first names being at most one letter, with the exception being some surnames like Sikong or Sima or whatever. Why am i even still talking about this. Sorry if i sound antagonistic or something

10. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm wondering what part of it is Chinese at all. Published in Japan by a Japanese publisher, written in Japanese by an author using a Japanese name and living in Japan, who has published other manga in Japanese and none (unless it's under a different pen-name) in Chinese. No matter how I look at it, it's a Japanese manga.