Discussion Most of the romance novels with female mcs have cringey titles

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Darkcrow., Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    i just downloaded wattpad .(I thought it was like webnovel ,cause it was a recommendation on webnovel page)
    i just wanted to read some novels ,But after opening this app ,the titles that i read made me cringe
    what about you guys

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Ziavory likes this.
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a lot of those stuff there. It's a female reader heaven in a way. Other than that, there are a lot of good novels around (Which I have not read cause me me NU boy)

Just imagine it like having waaaay too many BL novel in NU but you know that there is also a lot of good stuff in NU you've read.

3. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wattpad, the one time I looked through it,had pretty much only things I didn't want to read, and trash. That was my impression. full of trash and genres/tropes I don't really like
    no doubt there are some good stories there and all, but if you just look through it for the first time, it kinda leaves a bad impression

oh, and the amount of BL everywhere was downright offensive to a normal reader who doesn't want to read BL. it forces you to use filters excluding BL just to see actual results, it's like the site was overtaken and now the people who don't read BL are a minority

User01 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not into that genre of novels but are you trying to pick a fight with some nuffians with this thread?

5. Ricelord

Ricelord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Exists*
    "You're offensive!"

6. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you seen the female oriented titles on webnovel?
    I usually just chuckle at the author's creativity on book titles then move on since I go there for the otoge themed stuff (even then some of those are cringey too), but it's definitely not wrong to say if you want to find decent novels you have to go through alot of... twaddle and copy pasta NU novels

You can filter searches on wattpad??

User01 and Ziavory like this.
  7. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    I just visited again and the only real filters I see are the genres, 'new' 'hot' 'rising' and badly managed/implemented tags, so basically no filters.
    Like I said, wattpad is shit. I was told/thought that wattpad was a website like royalroad, just bigger and with more languages and with a bit of a different focus, but it is a lot worse. not just from the stories, but the whole design and everything

Ziavory and Darkcrow. like this.
  8. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was wondering why you said you filtered stuff out of the search. I really hate their search system and the site design too.
    Before this the orange colour of the site wasn't so glaringly bright, then they changed it to how it is now (a horrible combination with white background) that my eyes got so irritated just visiting their site; I now have the Dark Reader plugin on my browser thanks to them... I mean, I'm glad to have the plugin now but it was just that bad on my eyes

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  9. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    as you apparently read on wattpad, How do you even find stories you want to read there? The tags are next to useless, so do you just go through the 'hot' section of the genres?

10. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    In my country, the wattpad is full of BL k-pop shippers, I couldn't stand the place and left, and it's really hard to search for the hidden jewels in that place, unlike this place and many websites with decent rating and ranking system, theirs was chaotic that I couldn't find any novel worthy to be read, no wonder why most of my country men doesn't translate novels even most of us can translate it into english.

11. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually do use the tags, since I like looking through the otome game and villainess tag. But it's pretty much the same as going through the 'hot' section of the genres.
    HA... the pain I go through reading the bad stuff to find anything decent. I scroll and ctrl + click since you can't right click (that means I end up with lots of tabs while doing this though), then ignore the NU novel reposts or anything that has last updated more than half a year ago or too little chapters since those have a high chance of ending up abandoned. You have to be reeeally bored if you want to do all that, since it takes a while to go through them.

Sometimes I just give up from reading too many unsavory stories to manually filter through... Which is why I don't go searching for new stuff to read often. It's really hard to navigate if you want to find anything specific since if you don't rely on what the genre/tag searches give (novels with recent updates mostly) it's almost impossible to find completed novels that aren't popular. Idk how to do that now that I think of it.

User01 and DiabolicGod like this.
  12. Noice

Noice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of the pearly city is good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.