Recommendations Story where MC is an ACTUAL Demonlord

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Vorderaster, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Panzaro

Panzaro It's just mayonnaise~

Reading List:
    Link
    "then withholding it and selling it only to countries who are too weak and letting stronger countries wither."

Also this part is completely false, where did that even come from?

Dantalian isn't a saint but having a cure at day one is a fucking miracle to people, if they have the gold of course.

sekach likes this.
  2. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be watching this thread too I do think more of things need to be written from a true villain perspective, and not the "I pretend to be a villain but I'm really a good guy" thing. The whole hero thing can be oversaturated. And I generally find a true and non-satirized antagonist prospective to be interesting to explore. I don't quite understand why some people seem so uncomfortable with exploring such dark subject matter with a fictional character. Nothing wrong with your traditional hero, I just like to see variety. And true villain light novels seem under-represented. There are a lot of "bad guy, who's really a good guy" types out there though. And those types always annoy me a little, even if I still enjoy them. It just seems so wishy-washy.

4. Asherith

Asherith Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Ero warning*

Maou-no-hajimekata

5. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno about Demon Lord, but if you're looking for an evil MC, Fang Yuan from Reverend Insanity fits the bills perfectly, all the so called Evil MC is cute compared to him

6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He probably skimmed the novel to reach that conclusion. He was never biased on who he sold the cure to the plague that he never even fucking caused, if they had the money he would gladly sell it to his enemies.

Panzaro likes this.
  7. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically yeah.

If you want a series that constantly makes you question if you should even be rooting for the MC Warlock is a good one. He has no issue stabbing people in the back for his own gain or killing innocent people. His only saving grace is he doesn't kill innocent people for fun. He's just mercilessly practical.

To get a glimps of the curely of the MC I'll describe this one isolated incident that won't spoil anything important.

See the MC needs to make this potion called "tears of mary" and he has an incomplete formula. So he kind of makes up the missing parts and his solution to create this potion he needs goes like this.
    Step 1: capture a vengeful spirit
    Step 2: purge spirit of all it's grudges.
    Step 3: when the spirit is at peace and thanks him proceed to stab spirit and subject it to horrific torture until spirit is even more deformed than it started out.
    step 4: Stab evil spirit in the eye and collect that sweet sweet potion juice as the spirit withers away consumed by hatred and suffering.

and he does all this without flinching or contemplating if there might be another way. he just figures this will work and goes with it. I can't describe other incidents without spoiling but just know this was not an out of character moment for him. A large portion of people in this series are trash and the only reason to root for the MC is we're following him and most of the people who try to kill him are even worse than him.

I will say though what actually bothers me about the MC on a personal level isn't his cruely by itself. It's how multiple times he expresses contempt for mercy or charity. On the one hand I don't mind an MC who isn't a saint.... but he's like the polar opposite! I haven't finished the series so he might change later on but at the part I'm at he's just terrible.