Spoiler (BL) Self strategy 自我攻略

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by gnessa14, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    How beautiful. So much feels and also the confession of rebirth.

2. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isnt most self-cest the opposite? Most of the time its the past self that is op and the future self is the weak one who has to depend on thier past self to survive.

Like this novel for instance. His past self had money, looks, family backing, groupies, and skills. His new body is poor, body build not as tall, and no groupies.

3. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I specifically read this novel because it doesn't follow the trope. It's not typical.

4. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah?

I cant remember titles or names but i read summaries for 3 self-cest and each are very different (this included)

1) mc died and he is reborn. He tries to find who kills him. He was apparently a man whore in his past life. So now he does detective work to figure out who killed him and tried to avoid death for his past self. Same thing. After rebirth mc isnt hot anymore and poor now. Ml (mc's past self) hot and rich.

To me this is just like a transmigration story where the mc knows what happens, but he isnt op. His past self is.

2) mc has to experience what his bf did (he has to date himself by replacing his old bf). His past self was a dick or stupid or something like that. So this one he can manipulate the ml (his past self) because he knows himself.

This one the mc could be viewed as op i guess, but at the same time. If the mc was so op why does he have to cater to ml? If he was truely op he would be calling the shots not try to dance around ml.

Well i have to admit 3 novels isnt really much. I think i read more apocalyptic, transmigration, abo, and rebirth more. So maybe the handfull i read are not the usual.

alexfilia and morticia_addams like this.
  5. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    The first one is Roll! Laozi is not interested in you! I created that spoiler thread so I remember. Anyway, I don't see any merit in arguing which trope is more popular since obviously, our reading experience is clearly different. Let's agree to disagree.

6. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry i didnt know we were arguing. I thought we were just debating and sharing experiences.

Thanks the the summary. Its very interesting.

Idk how i feel about self-cest yet. Its relatively new to me and i think i just need time get use to it, but over all this seems like a good story.

gnessa14 likes this.
  7. TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove

TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The idea of selfcest ... makes me feel cringe and all

8. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't know what you miss. There're some good stories with the theme and good stories are good stories. I don't let the little quirks stop me from reading.

Anyway, if given a chance to sex themselves up, how many people would be willing to give it a try? I think I've seen this question once in the past and at least half of the people are giving it a go. I wouldn't say it's narcissism

9. TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove

TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe not now, but in the future I might try. I'm still not comfortable with the thought of it

10. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't get it up for any of these selfcest novels:notlikeblob:

11. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't check spoilers but the summary doesn't sound familiar, so I will give it a go. If it fits, I reads. :)