Spoiler I'm in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CannonBro, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't get it. Yes, he's still famous because of ET in the novel, but he's only mentioned here and there in the story, and after MC stole Jurrassic Park and buy many other good copyrights he didn't get to direct any good movie and barely have any role in the novel after that, that's why I said he became minor character in the novel not because he's not famous

2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, i get it. but i'm saying that he was already famous and influential because of ET.
    even if MC stole all the stuff he made in the future, he would still get offers to make good movies that he wouldn't have done

3. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    See, he did a movie he didn't do in real life, and it failed. After that he barely appeared in the novel, no matter which novel made him famous how famous he is or even if he's more sucessful in this novel than in real life if he's barely appeared then he's minor character

4. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    seriously pissed with all this Jennifer flying around the mc, like wtf can't the author used other name instead

yeezus likes this.
  5. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, Spielberg still has Indiana Jones series, Schindler's List and Jurassic Park first movie and I doubt Simon will take any other from him cuz he didn't have any other hit except Saving Private Ryan. But has a good relationship with Spielberg (much better than Eric) cuz Simon supported Steve Ross (who's supposedly like a father to Spielberg idek if i should believe anything this author writes) so Simon might just get Spielberg to direct it since he has a thousand other things to do.

6. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus christ I'm about ready to lose my mind with this novel. Even if the author dropped it next chap I would hardly bat an eye.
    I mean, I like the fact that this novel isn't exactly the same as the last with every single chapter revolving around Eric but in the recent chapters absolutely NOTHING substantial has happened.
    The author literally mentions one interesting thing and then the rest of the chapter is Simon being creepy and sexually harassing his employees or curving bitches.
    The author is basically recycling same tropes every couple dozen chapters sheesh.
    Last chapter: Simon talks about making Happy Farm; that's it. That was the entire chapter along with some text to fill lines.
    Latest chapter: Simon talks about opening Steam, says online software sale is not a priority, repeating something he has said at least half a dozen times before, harassing his employee, then employee's POV is shown going to get manicure n shit n then going to Simon's house to do the devil's tango smh.
    The early chapters were so great and look what its fallen to now. Until chapter 400 when he did MCA acquisition I would actually be like excited while reading this novel but now I'm just annoyed with all this bullshit.

7. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah damn, why couldn't Simon wait for Titanic before he list Daenerys

Still wondering how Simon will make sure George R.R. Martin continue to use Westeros, Daenerys, Cersei, Melisandre, Ygritte name

Edit: so the Johnston finally learned that Simon is a Johnston

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  8. 0860016020

0860016020 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ใครมีนิยายแบบนี้ ฮอลลีวู้ดฮาเร็ม movie ?

9. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty sure George RR Martin isn't even going to consider using the terms Westeros, Daenerys, Cersei, Melisandre, Ygritte since at this point they're essentially trillion dollar brands. I doubt he would attempt to infringe on them. He's prolly just going to make some distinct names like he did IRL (maybe westend and eastend?).

10. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Update as of Ch. 950 of Hollywood Hunt
    It's basically not as good as the original work. Although Simon Westeros is much more powerful than Eric Williams I enjoyed the previous work a lot more bc there was at least some conflict (Eric vs the world) but with this novel Simon is so OP that literally no one can say or do anything to him.
    He basically owns Ukraine, he's going to be very influential in Russia once Putin comes to power since he helped him rise, France tried to take a dig at him but he shut the entire country down by threatening to end it at ICJ, he backs the most senators in Democratic and Republican parties and is close with Clinton and Bush.
    He has become a trillionaire prior to the Y2K stock market crash (it's most likely going to come by 1997 due to his influence). He basically controls most of Hollywood and owns all of Marvel and most of DC (Superman, Batman, Wonder-Woman).
    The one thing I seriously dislike in this novel is the lack of romance or even playfulness. Even though he sleeps with a lot of different women, the interactions are very dull compared to Eric's interactions with his harem. Even with his wife and closest women it doesn't seem all that good to me due to lack of effort by author.
    But the thing I hate the most by far is definitely the sudden burst of China in the novel. Like literally multiple chapters will be about two random chinese girls who have no good points. Author will go into China in so much detail for no damn reason. It's super annoying. I directly skip the chapters that revolve around China.
    Still, this novel is second only to the original work and is better than most other novels in this genre: return to past in Hollywood.

Narberal likes this.
  11. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, i also skip all chapters that have anything to do with china and him causing trouble in japan.. hollywood hunter and black iron glory are a lot worst than their author's original work that got banned, which are i'm in hollywood and tales of the reincarnated lord

bob3002 likes this.
  12. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh i dropped this a long time ago since the novel less about hollywood and more about him being the richest man on earth

13. Just_a_Reader

Just_a_Reader New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I have finished reading three great novels in the Transmigrate to Hollywood genre:
    "I'm in Hollywood" and "Hollywood Hunt" by Justin Du (is that his name?) and another called "Best Entertainment Era" (?) which is set in 1998 and is pretty great, as well.
    Anyways, I'm going to start fan translations of all three novels with three chapters per week. Don't worry, the translation quality is gonna be many times better than the previous translations of "I'm in Hollywood." So, if ya'll wanna check the novels out then just drop by on https://iminhollywoodcn.blogspot.com

14. Just_a_Reader

Just_a_Reader New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also plan to put the translations on Wattpad to stay tuned for that. Thanks.