Gaming Laptop under $1500 Recommendation

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Jul 15, 2019.

1. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not here to recommend a laptop, but to remind you that laptop is a misnomer
    If you want your laptop to survive as long as it can, you will not use it unless it is on a surface that guarantees the vent ports are all exposed to at least the amount of air its designed to receive on a desk or table. Especially important on a high performance machine. Using laptops in your lap while charging them is how most people ruin their charging port as well. It's not that it breaks when you do it, but rather the wear and tear over time.

I'm a big fan of everything RoG, but that's fandom talking. If you have fan problems, those are pretty replaceable in most situations, for cheap. I'm not sure about that laptop specifically, but I'd be surprised if a replacment fan cost more than 20$.

2. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't want any of the ones Inv has listed, at least not for that much mula.

3. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as my current i3 laptop is already operating very slowly

As for TUF Series, I cringe everytime I see the design in front of the monitor

4. Autumn Crane

Autumn Crane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    recommendation: none.
    gaming laptops are a scam. How do i know well buddy boy i bought the ASUS ROG GL533VW gaming laptop. Used it to play not that high end games but there were games like league of legends, destiny 2 and monster hunter world but mostly league. it lasted me 2years because the circuit melted with the tin and its gonna cost me 300 euros to fix it (???) so now im building my own desktop. 100 times faster and 100 times cheaper smh. biggest regret of my life was buying that laptop and i was paying monthly for it too which i still have 200 left to pay for a broken laptop unlucky man

5. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, but he might not have a choice in the matter and just have to get a laptop

6. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, have you considered just cleaning it up? If you do an OS reinstall, it will start being fast again. It's not like electronics just slow down on a physical level for no reason. Getting an SSD and/or more ram? You can extend the life of a laptop by far. Also I don't know what you play and it's a bit more extreme, but Linux is a good thing in terms of extending laptop's life span. It's great on older machines and with Steam you can pretty much play almost any game nowadays. Just something to consider. Of course it's with the thought that you wanna save money. Otherwise just get a new one :)

7. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    W8, you own Y530?

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't list anything. I only shown links to reviews to the ones THEY were considering.

reanox likes this.
  9. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Having a laptop was a blessing for me: having a good computer with me everywhere I was or had to be. My first gaming laptop lasted me four or five years. I poured soda in it and dropped it so many times that the speakers at the edges looked like shit, yet the thing kept on working. I tinkered with it too much though, deleting all those extra partitions they put onto it, running dual boot and fucking it up the first few times, and somewhere at some point I broke some things and that was the end after all those years. R.I.P., it served me well.

Fluffy Jellyfish likes this.
  10. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Questions?

That 1000-buck deal posted earlier looked pretty appealing though spec-wise, taken a look at that? I'd say check if it has a notebookcheck review.

11. Romashk

Romashk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would you search for one before amd at least puts its offerings on the market? Nvidia din't extort people with their super prices, Intel dropped prices for desktop cpus. Wait at least a little for better prices.

Not that I recommend getting a gaming laptop anyway.

12. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree with you that desktop is great, but here’s my (personal) problem: it’s big and not mobile. I’m currently in the process of moving into a dorm for college, and I can’t bring my PC rig because it’s too big and I can’t move it easily. If I had a gaming laptop, then I could bring it to class like a normal laptop, but then bring it back to the dorm and use it for gaming. It’s multipurpose! But I can’t do that with a PC.

14. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    MSI laptops can be found for that much

15. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I currently have an Asus republic of gamers laptop (black and red colours) and it plays fortnite decently well. I got an ssd for it which really helped though.

16. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    check predator helios 2019. it has a discount now I think. I think you already know that a desktop pc will be better and with higher specs.

17. F_J

F_J Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard the Acer predator series has some decent specs for gaming. But I that's all I know :T

18. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    gaming and laptop doesn't go in the same phrase.
    and the lifetime of a "gaming laptop" is 2 years. if you want it for games, then that money is used better in a pc. if you need the laptop and want it to be capable of gaming, have in mind that it will have a life cycle of 2 years at most, games published after 2 years would have to be played with low graphics or won't even run.

19. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link

The Acer Predator Helios 300 is a killer value at $999.

20. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    used to be like that, not anymore