Spoiler Lady to Queen (webtoon)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by nenuphar, Jul 16, 2019.

1. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I know it isn't really a NU novel but I couldn't find raw and I'm obsessed with this manhwa so here you go:
    title: Lady to Queen
    korean title: 레이디 투 퀸
    description: An empress fell into a trap, divorced and was cut off by her family. In the last minute of her life, her sister Lizzy regretted how things ended up. "Only if I were the empress" she would make sure not to love the emperor. Everyone will be happy without dying.
    When she opened her eyes, she returned back time before she became the Empress. In order to prevent a recurrence of the tragedies of her past life, Lizzie makes a final decision: "I will become the queen instead of you." Can Lizzy, who became an empress, live a happy life?
    Baka-updates link: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=155099
    problem is the raw aren't free...so if anyone got access to it, (s)he is more welcomed to give spoilers here...like who is the ML? (please not the prince pretty please)

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Th.ay likes this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so what happened to the Empress sister?

4. nenuphar

Reading List:
    Link
    What I know from chapter 1: FL is the empress's sister. She really loves her sister so when she saw in her dreams her sister (and all her family) getting beheaded by the emperor because of a scheme from emperor concubine, she swore as soon as she woke up to be the empress and to save her sis

Mi shiru, Fostofina, Xi-hime and 3 others like this.
  5. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    The (former)Empress' sister is the MC that returned in time, guess the description seems kinda confusing huh. There I edited it a bit
    Or you could just read the first chapter on mangadex. Judging by the first chapter, it looks like she told her father about it. That's pretty unique in this genre atm isn't it

Xi-hime, neotheo82 and Renn Kazma like this.
  6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or just kill the emperor. But we all know how it will go. She falls in love wtth the emperor and he changes through the power of luv. And together they banish the wicked comcubine who was manipulating the poor innocent emperor who we learn had a tragic backstory at the last moment.

Even if he does change I dont get how someone is willing to be with the person who killed there family in another life.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  7. Fran.2424

Fran.2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes like, are they out of their minds?! To love someone that kill them and their families, I guess that's the main point for all the drama that is to come, but seriously I will bow to the author that make a novel like this and have a ml that's not the shitty man that betrayed/kill them in their past lifes.

PPpupu, JinVodka, Taruna and 21 others like this.
  8. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    agree, I am disgust by novel like this where mc love a man who killed her and her family in her past life. There were lots of chinese and korean novel ML killing mc in past life. Mc still love him and forgive him. Why not revenge and torture him. such a weak mc.

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im reading one webtoon called Beatrice, where the ML is a dude who invaded her country and who's soldiers were killing ladies in waiting for fun. I think a lot of these Korean mangaka have family issues

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  10. Fran.2424

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, well they can either go the revenge way or just forget about everything and build a new life, I think in her case technically if either of them don't go to became the queen, then there is no situation where she and her family are murdered, at least if she doesn't have any beef with the witch that cause her to die.

TheReadeeer, Bella94 and Aisha Ann like this.
  11. Fran.2424

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes being completely honest I think those novels are being made because:
    1. They have a lot of drama and drama sells.
    2. Asian people are sexist, like this histories as far as I know the authors are women, so being honest despite the time this stories are placed and the circumstances (Wich usually are times or words where man rules) they don't give the females Mc any justice like they are always being abused and most of the times the ml don't even apologize ( and I don't think an apology is enough to forgive what those excuses of men do in the first place) but i know they are romance novels but I don't like the fact that portraits that "the happiness of a woman is to be with a man" like....

So for that reasons I'm fan of novels with decent male leads who aren't: a piece of shit, liars, murderers, Playboys, etc.

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I give you like a thousand likes, cause you basically stated my thoughts and expectations with perfect sarcasm.

And I do wish that one of those heroines would grow a backbone and overthrow an emperor. Even if they can't become the ruler, they could support another prince to grasp the throne. But it's all about their feelings and trash lovers.

13. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough*
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/冷月如霜-cold-moon-like-frost-–-匪我思存-be.23348/
    Might be what you're looking for. MC gets revenge on the king (her ex) who executed her whole family & does it in the most cold-blooded calculated way possible.
    Technically he had a legit reason for it (he was an usurper prince & MC's family supported the previous emperor & his true successor so therefore ENEMY MUST DESTROY), but he did not even check up on MC after marrying the wrong person. :facepalm:
    The novel isn't translated though (there's a full English summary of it however) & it's labeled as a Bad Ending not because she doesn't forgive him & fall in love with him, but because she doesn't find happiness at the end. She avenges her family & her honor, but that's it. No ML(s) for her (not that she needs them, she's at peace with her choices & the final result).

14. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It almoooost sounds like something I'd like, if only it had a decent romance and HE. It's more of a pure revenge story, and I'm a sucker for romance. I'm happy she doesn't fall for the ex and gets her revenge, but I also need to have some happy romance with someone else on the side to lighten up the mood. It's a personal preference tho. It's not like a story's bad if it has no romance.

Taruna, Shivu1920, zemblenity and 7 others like this.
  15. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's not a rebirth/time travel story, so she's unable to lighten up. (Since those MCs usually get softer over time after being with their formerly dead loved ones, preventing future tragic events & making new friends in the process.)
    Here, her entire clan down to the branches & infants has been brutally killed off, so she stays coldblooded from start to end & makes only allies. :blobninja:

16. Aisha Ann

Reading List:
    Link
    this is not bad ending, its one of best satisfying ending I ever read, Mc revenge on Jerk ML who murder her whole family and marry other prince and had son with him. This is what I wanted that mc cheating on jerk ML emperor and have son with other prince.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  17. Aisha Ann

Reading List:
    Link
    do you feel angry reading it, I can't imagine novel or I will beat dumb masochistic author and jerk ML, idiotic Mc inside my mind. I get really angry and grief over novel like this. I always wonder why Asian author like chinese, korean obsessive with rapist and jerk scumbag sinner guy. Don't they know what its feel like reading this kind of novel. More author abused FMC, more I feel distress, torment and anger. That's why I avoid novel like this but curious also torment me. Sometimes I have to vent my grief and anger on novel.

18. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    probably because almost all of Asia got invaded by the west which led to a fucked cultural values after years long of being colonized

19. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And rapist too

Taruna, Shoo, Xienne and 7 others like this.
  20. nenuphar

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay guys I get it you don't like these kinds of novels for good reasons but here it's a spoiler section not a 'let's discuss it' section so please could you be more nice about this webtoon because you don't even know what's going to happen and people will think this webtoon sucks because of your rants. Besides some people like these kind of novel (including me) because it's FICTION not real life. I wil of course never tolerate these kind of behaviors irl trust me. The point is here is not the place to criticize chinese/korean novels but to give SPOILER for a webtoon I found interesting enough from chapter 1. And we still don't even KNOW who the ML will be....