This Community(A Tiny Loud Part) Has Unrealistic Expectations

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Jul 16, 2019.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care i just want to point out it's very easy to challenge the way he operated.

uziex91 and Fossil like this.
  2. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    What standard exactly are they forcing you or anyone else to meet? And what standard should we be judging fan translators by in your opinion?
    What does purchasing the content have to do with the moral high ground? Money does not equal morality.

Evidence please for those of us who don't trawl the site memorizing this stuff.

Evidence of this filth, threats, and proof that bogus DMCA claims were made by members of this community please.

3. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    And with your site being hated enough it probably only drags more of them to you.

4. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes this is basically steal and mine the series tactics. Translate further and further than in his site. Hell if you want to be even more vicious copy his translated chapter and put it in pastebin. Have the pastebin link in the comment section so it can be deleted at will.

5. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    We can complain when it's a service he wants money for. I don't spend where I'm not treated well or the service is bad. Let's be real, would you spend money like that? Name brands have been boycotted for less.

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the threads speak for themselves
    And the replies of those on my ignore list.
    It is as clear as day.
    A site translating Golden Word Master webnovel was shutdown due to DMCA claims.
    What else do you want?

7. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Speak for yourself. I've donated to stories I really like, or bought the kindle version if there is one. As for the bragging, he used to always brag about how his site pays translators while dumping on most sites where translators work for free. Lately he's gotten even more bitter and angry so he just skips to the dumping on people part. Also:
    Care to retract your statement after that post? He's complaining about people who do donate and calling them leechers. If your paying for a product you have a right to complain if it turns out to be c***.

TamaSaga likes this.
  8. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t read on his site since there’s nothing there that appeals me. Care to explain what you mean by wanting money? If it’s the ads, then everyone does that. As for the ads in the middle of the pages, those are recommended to do, as even WW said so, though they don’t want to do them.

9. TrignoCopper

TrignoCopper Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the single and greatest beef I have with the way you operate @Wujigege is the lack of communication and hostility you've shown towards other translators from the start. I guarantee you you'd have a much easier time on this site if you hadn't picked up several translations as soon as it went inactive for three months without messaging the previous translator, and then blocking them when they complain to you about it. It's kind of like the start of WWI after that, with different alliances deciding to attack you since your actions were considered unjust towards their friends. After that, it becomes a game of seeking out what you're doing that could be considered wrong and then announcing that people shouldn't like you for it. You've made a lot of enemies purely based on your lack of diplomacy.

Pau likes this.
  10. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but isn't making money off of someones elses work also illegal?

11. TrignoCopper

TrignoCopper Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

TamaSaga likes this.
  12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Illegal is a stretch, it's a gray area since translations are technically new content.
    If I was copying a paste the raw text then that's another story

Fair enough. But that is not correct, since I contacted a good amount and never heard back. It is simply blown out of proportion.
    Besides, the main reason is that this community rather pretends fan translators don't make money. I simply don't

reagents 11 likes this.
  13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow mate that would be really mean, in fact add a 'MWHAHAHA' there, because that seems like an evil plan

14. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    So he’s promoting his site for paying translators. Is that a bad thing? And yes, you donate. However, I said most. Maybe 5% of the people on here don’t fall into that category. For them, okay. They have a right. Still, that doesn’t mean he’s not allowed to do honest work. Sure, it might be annoying to read through, but that’s not my problem.

As for the people on Patreon, it didn’t specifically say that they were paying for them that I saw? Some Patreons have free content. Not to mention we don’t even know their rate of release. I’d rather ignore that set of info until I find out more instead of assuming something.

Plus, Patreon is billed monthly. They’re complaining about splitting the chapters into parts. So what? They’re still getting their money’s worth as long as the translator meets their goals. Not to mention they’ll only pay for it if they like the story. Complaining about the chapter parts is annoying when the translator might be doing that to get more consistent releases out.

15. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hei hei hei... Now this is interesting :blobpopcorn_cool:

*Alright, I would feel bad if I just lurk without contributing to the discussion so I'll try to add a topic.

I remember some people mentioned that brother wuji (or his site) likes to snatches translations sometimes is it true? If it is then what's the justification here? Because that might've been one of the reason for the hate as well. And Since nobody are completely right anyway, everything's kinda vague.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  16. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you seen how the chapters were split? 2000 words were split into 7 parts and then the whole thing was released all at once. It wasn't for timeliness. It was to bloat the view counts

17. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    I have spoken my peace about this before to ad nauseum and I really don't want to go beyond stating my point anymore or go back to find evidence. But in general when the discussion of free vs paid content comes up, or the limit of his capabilities to provide a service or content, he gets pissy and his answers are quite rude. I find that he enjoys his status as a provider a bit too much to throw his opinions about. I usually stay out of it and shake my head cause I rather be peaceful but I'm not a pushover either.

uziex91, Fossil and Toralk like this.
  18. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems I cut the key bit out trying to save space. Of course, you could have remembered that bit if you read that post yourself. I think it says something about you that you're spending more time writing your opinion on this thread than reading it.

19. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    To be real, that's more a editing decision. He may have to make that decision to not polish the content to make content available or to avoid people poaching his translations.

Fossil likes this.
  20. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    I read 4560 words. Where did you get 2000 from? And 7 parts?
    Mm, fair. I only got into this because people started getting rude at a bit of a legitimate point.
    I saw that, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s not free after a time. Some content goes to free after more comes out, especially with novels. I don’t know the Patreon account so I can’t find out. Nor do we know how much they’re charging.