LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a blow that is likely to pierce through the armor when you use it. Thus the part of the armor hit will be damaged and will become a weakness that can be targeted from then on. I don't think it's overly complicated. At least for natural armor and such. It probably works differently on actual armors that people would wear.

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Because in my mind I actually pictured something quite different. Like a bloke with relatively low or normal health and have a decent or high level armor. The said attack from Kraugel will be to the thickest part (chest plate). Assuming the 10% current health of the bloke is not enough to damage the chest armor leads to awkward situations.

Of course, my concept stemmed from armor that should be higher in defense point (???) than of the bloke's health in order to achieve proper shielding and assuming Kraugel is dense enough to hit a hard spot.

Your idea, that makes sense, is that the 10% is strong enough to damage the armor and combining with the blow landing on thinner plates or weak spots, leads to a devastating blow.

My concept stemmed at using the skill as an attack itself, to directly damage the opponent. Kraugel (and some of the Nuffians) will use the skill to cause a domino effect, like handicap or armor break. If the said skill can be also used on the weapon of the opponent, then a weapon break might be possible too.

3. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Percent damage and healing is always better in certain situations compared to random damage and healing, but it can also be worse in certain situations.

Its just the start of his own skill path so all we can do is wait and see.

Yomiel Metathronos likes this.
  4. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about it this way. In a fight against a great demon, a god or even a dragon. It will unconditionally deal 10% damage of their current health. This is an OP starter move.

Especially when bosses like those have tens to hundreds of billions of health. Even more so when considering this ignored the variables of a Players attack value or the opponents defensive value. Only a moron would use this for mob and field hunting.

To put this in perspective I'll use a few bosses as an example from other novels. Imagine fighting a boss, that's a giant fucking turtle with literal mountains and ecosystems on its back, or, better yet, a literal mountainous giant made of stone. Imagine the defence on that b*tch. Still 10% of its current health, gone.

Named bosses get fucked

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like you're likely to suddenly get attacked by a dragon or great demon. The skill has to level up somehow. It's also not like normal mobs can't be difficult to fight. Like these followers of the war god.

6. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think about that. You're right, you're right.

7. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys all forgot something important too. This skill does not care about dmg but just straight up 10% hp, right? then it's the ultimate pvp skill. If I remember correctly, in the competition, all PVP events have dmg debuff of the competition so while everyone else's skill got nurf, his will forever remain full power. The main draw back of hp-cost would probably get better with skill lv up. That or some items that let him use some other form of energy as compensation/cost reduction items.

8. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw I looked back and it seems that the clone of Grid got Splendor, the blinding sword dance of pagma after going past lvl 400. So I think Grid may get that skill in the near future.

Not right away, but surely before the fifth awakening at 500

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  9. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol some other form of compensation, like a certain fighting energy our favorite protagonist obtained

10. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Grid's 100K army swordsmanship is degraded does that mean the Oasis' genuine 50k army swordsmanship is equivalent?

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Numerical speaking, I have no idea. Oasis flung to be Madra's descendent, he can only obtain his swordsmanship instead. That being said, becoming Madra's descendent requiring you not to die, I can see that a player who knows this quirk and cheats by getting carried and buy loads of health pots to ensure no dying?

dereonlad likes this.
  12. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    But not dying is one part of the requirement? You have to fight and win against unfavourable odds (Oasis fighting against Red Knights or something).

Madra was disappointed when Oasis ran away, so I'd assume the same if Oasis got hard carry for his class acquisition quest.

dereonlad likes this.
  13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. Yeah, the unfavourable odds. He got a temporary level boost to fight against the Red Knights right? Shame. If only at the very outer ring, beyond where Madra was considering the battlefield, there were people holding back the main block while letting in just enough people to be what Madra considers unfavourable. And have Oasis stocked full with loads of pots and explosives.

14. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't after one person fails a quest for anything above normal class the requirement for said class changes? Or was it different for legendary classes?

15. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If grid could combine brahams magic with Madras swordmanship, it might surpass the original.

Also like how Grid learned sword energy by seeing and old memory of pagma fighting, and learning the other half of great swordsman pagamas swordmanship, since Grid had already been acknowledged by Madara, if he gets the opportunity to see the skills themselves, maybe they will be restored to their original status

16. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he will be too broken if that happens. So far the things he got made sense from a lore perspective. Becoming Pagma’s Descendant is what allowed him to meet Braham, discover the history between the two and eventually get his second class. His own choices led to somewhat solve the grudge and the eventual harmony between those two powers, resulting in his third class.

Madra’s stuff is kinda just there for now, and as far as we know he had no real history with Pagma or Braham. Unless Grid manages to incorporate the degraded techniques into his third class I don’t see much of a path forward regarding that other than new degraded skills as he levels up.

17. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid has a chance to incorporate skill from his other class if he create a skill that do just that.

Or he could create a sword skill that absorbs magic then shoot it out. Being a magic swordsman and all.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  18. johonson

johonson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that grid won alchemy of the great demon with Rune of Darkness

19. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope either grid or piano get first place contribution and get the best loot.
    Low key hope the alchmist great demon heals himself a bit if he has to

20. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I also hope grid got alchemy so he could add [Coolness] to all of his equipments.