Discussion What inspirational work would you like to bring into the world of “I’m Really a Superstar”

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Cutter Masterson, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you protest to much. Are you talking about me or yourself. Because by the sounds of it. That’s a little to detail and jumping a little far out there.
    You say you use to love IRAS, but it didn’t live up to your expectations. I mean really what we’re you expecting. It’s the SAME since the beginning. It didn’t get worse, it stayed the same. You sound like an ungrateful child asking for more sweets.
    I like how you generalized how everyone is like you. No proof. No nothing. Just like a child. I am important, so I’m right.
    As to me being a frog in a well. I am ok with that. I don’t consider myself above everyone and I’m a simple guy. I see many achieving greatness, but give me a starry night and a surfboard. I’ll be contented.
    As to recommendation. I have no idea what your talking about. Have I ever ask in this post for a recommendation? No. Once again putting words in my mouth. Listen! Show! Me! The! Proof! Of! What! Your! Talking! About! Not! Not. Your recommendation.
    As I feared. No manners. You even pointed our your own substandard morals. Most be tough living all alone. It’s ok. I’m sure theirs some sort of self help books out there that can help you. Maybe some therapy. It’s ok. I don’t think your a degenerate. You obviously suffer a lack of social skills. It’s ok. The first step to understanding you have a problem. Is to realize you have problem. Since you pointed out your own problem. We can take next step and heal.
    As to you being a child. What do you call an immature individual who pick on people. I was asking a question politely. Than you don’t even bother answering my question, but right away you dis my post by calling the novel I’m interested in as crap. Well what do you expect me to do.
    Lastly as to other people’s reviews. I have to say thank you. Since you finally gave me some proof. But sadly that doesn’t change anything. I like what I like and no one is going to tell me what to like.

2. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just going to respond to the first one since you're like a pigeon playing chess, you knock up the pieces and crap up on the board.
    IRAS is not same early compared to mid and late. It's not that it didn't live up to my expectations but that it disgusted me how it went from a great comedy to nationalistic racist sexist xianxia-ish repetitive slapfest. Sure it's slapfest from chapter one, but nobody expected that it will be that repetitive or that author is a racist with weird perversions he calls flirting and relationships. Pissing on a lady in the toilet stall and being aroused by seeing her pissing while having her period? That's not what I call funny or erotic, that's deranged. That's just one example, usually what he consideres flirting is groping until they say no. Pretty much any foreigner, white, black, Korean, Japanese is a piece of trash to him same as arrogant young masters in xianxia used to glorify the MC and the Chinese. Not that I'm offended but annoyed by this trash author. I certainly didn't expect that the MC will repetitvely switch entertainment areas like a Jack of All Trades Mary Sue, it's one thing if he's a radio host, poet, composer and tv host. It's another thing if he's also a kung fu master, actor, singer, guitar player, painter, director, dancer, maestro, chef, magical girl and you name it. I made some of those up but you get the picture, it all loses it's value and it's pointless coz he's only gonna stick to one profession until the slapfest or a more popular, better money making one.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    What. A. Drama. Queen.
    Your to sensitive. I mean “nationalistic racist sexist xianxia-ish repetitive slapfest”. I could use the same meaning with different words. Patriotic pride confident dreamer with a running gag.
    As to it being a comedy. Guess what surprise it is a repetitive face slapping comedy. As you have repeatedly mentioned. It’s like complaining about eating an orange everyday, than one day decided why it doesn’t taste like an apple. Why blame the novel (orange) for your hang ups.
    The whole racist part doesn’t phase me because i don’t take it personally. Everyone has the right to believe what they want.
    As to the MC weird fetish’s. I’ve seen weirder and more disturbing fetish’s.
    As to the Jack Of All Trade. I’m a little annoyed by the plot armor, but it does give a good change of pace because of it. So it’s a love/ hate thing.
    Personally I think it would be more boring only having one career. I love reading a story and than being surprised. Especially with a story that pretty much repeats it self. I mentioned this because of all the fields MC is in, but even with all that. I am always eager to see if the novel will lead to where I think it will.
    I like what I like.

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Here I was thinking that this thread has gotten popular but it's just two people talking or rather fighting with each other lol

@userunfriendly @elengee

5. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. I was bored. Besides I even like his comments too.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I already said I'm not offended hence not sensitive, but annoyed and disgusted by this trash author. Even a web novelist cannot openly say I hate all foreigners and Chinese are the Master Race, so he's doing it trough blatant propaganda and walking a thin line by being an indirect racist coz it's not "his fault" all foreigner characters are dipshits his characters steps over.
    I never read a face slapping comedy before so how could I've known it's a modern xianxia, or anyone else? It was new promising and refreshing. The MC, basically author's self insert given how much he put himself into this novel(which is frankly bad writting, you're supposed to make up characters, not fictional biography), anyway MC/author is an immature asshole who constantly gets into fights and instead of being an adult he burns everything, I mean how dare they! It's kinda the same thinking xianxia's psychopath MC's use when they kill whole clans with women and children coz some asswipe young master and patriarch wronged him. MC is thus despicable and unlikable, not even with his powers can he get women to like him, instead he resorts to love items. He was a Chinese supremacist virgin loser before transmigration and his personallity stayed the same. Suit yourself if you wannna read about lovely character such as that, with such a lovely "progressive" plot and "romance".
    Yeah why you do that? Just curious.

7. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, because I understand your point of view. I also respect your ideas. I even sometimes agree. There is no point in denying the truth.
    BUT. That doesn’t mean I agree with everything you’ve said, especially the way you said it. Your not my arch enemy. Your a fellow NU member. We both have things we like and dislike. It’s totally normal. I’m a laid back surfer. That loves messing around with my girl. In RL I don’t normal argue with anyone. So it’s relaxing. It’s not like I can mouth off to my boss for the impossible request he keeps asking for.
    So there you have it.

Jojo775 likes this.
  8. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no problem with the MC having national pride. The thing is he also slights his own country too. He always remarks about how the Chinese people don’t stand at the peak of any field and how the Chinese people struggle to place a mark on the world. Sure the MC bash other countries. A lot of people do. It’s just stereotypical points of view. The MC doesn’t dis every country. Just mostly Japan and Korea. Even than he still acknowledges how ahead they are to the Chinese.
    As to his love life. The way I saw it. He was still trying to find himself and he was awkward with dealing with the opposite sex. That lead to his weird fetish’s. I agree the MC did a 180 and some how changed. The novel was headed towards a kinky harem deal. Than the MC calm down and settled on one girl. He’s still with that girl and now has a daughter.
    As to the author living through his character. I’m ok with it because I would do the same. I like connecting with the characters. It irritates me how some characters will take a path that makes no sense to me.
    At least that’s what I think.

Jojo775 likes this.
  9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's true that he slights his own country too and he pwned everyone in his way which were mostly the Chinese, but I still think he's racist and definetely a horrible person.

10. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Well no one perfect, especially the MC.

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true for real people, but fictional characters and especially the MC? It's usually someone we can admire and respect.
    Nevermind that, I apologize for my attitude and I know you didn't ask for recommendations but you wanted examples of good novels to counter what I said about IRAS or something like that.
    As reconcilation here's my list https://www.fanfiction.net/u/9071421/
    https://www.fictionpress.com/s/2961893/1/Mother-of-Learning
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21410/super-minion
    https://thezombieknight.blogspot.com/
    http://www.ironteethserial.com/
    https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3238329/1/A-Hero-s-War
    Other than that you could join GoodReads communities, buy kindle unlimited or simply go to a bookstore and browse fantasy and sci fi titles.

12. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.
    Appreciate it.

Jojo775 likes this.
  13. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree about mother of learning. I’ve been meaning to check out iron teeth. Thanks again.
    As to GoodReads and Kindle. I’m already part of them. There are days were I think I’ve read everything out there.

Jojo775 likes this.
  14. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IRAS is good and the fact that it's one of the top novels on qidian speaks volumes.

ofc your opinion matters much more than everyone else so whatever.

it's also great that you guys are hating on a comedic parody novel

at least i know who to add to my ignore list

anyway iras is banned because it constantly talks about the SAFRT. the author said this when he was asked about it at qidian's annual event, not because of him copying lyrics from frozen and other stuff.

like i said, it's a parody novel and he has never said that he created those stuff and he gave credit.

sadly there wont be anymore chapters so just move on to the next novel...i found a similar novel and it's pretty good but less face slapping.

if you want to read, send me a pm