Resolved D

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Britney123, Jul 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Britney123

Britney123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I went to my uncles this summer and just came back on Sunday and he’s already saying about how I was being disrespectful. He’s saying to my parents how I wanted to stay in the room all day, how I threw his wife’s food in the trash because I didn’t like it, how I didn’t want to have family time with them when their watching movies. And their saying this in front of my parents and my parents are saying how they should’ve gave the a couple of belts. WHY ARE THEY EXAGGERATING SO MUCH. First of all he was always working and is only off on Sunday’s and even then we sometimes don’t go outside, and his wife me and my cousin who came with me all go to the pool in their apartment complex or whatever so don’t say I don’t go out. And the food, she gave it to me once and I forced myself to eat it and told her I didn’t like it when she asked me for my opinion and told her politely I don’t want you to give this to me only to throw it away when you could give it to someone who likes it like your husband. They love Horror movies and that’s all they watch but I hate them so I always have to listen to music on maximum volume cause they put the volume all the way up. If they want to force me to watch horror movies with them they drag me out of bed and put me in the middle telling me it’s not scary. They told my dad I said grandma stinks and I wouldn’t let her sleep on my bed (when she’s visiting), I honestly said I don’t like grandmas perfume and she sleep talks trash talking my grandpa and yelling at me and that scares me and keeps me awake at night. I just know I’m not going to their house any time soon without being forced. Should I tell my dad this because I honestly don’t think he’s gonna believe me instead of his favorite, gone to college, doesn’t ask for money younger brother he raised himself when their dad kicked all 5 siblings out of the house.
    Thank you for all of your replies.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Riell.daniella, Jiggy and Fossil like this.
  2. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    you should kill them .w.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jokes aside, be cynical, that always helped me, but then again, they do say i'm rude................

In my defense i think of myself as someone who is honest ;3

so I honestly tell em how much they suck

TrueNineLives and ali3rd like this.
  3. Kaiser Megami

Kaiser Megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tell your parents the truth. Tell them your view of your stay at your uncle's place. Hopefully, they will understand your perspective and reduce your stay at your uncle's place.

TrueNineLives, Jiggy and SenjiQ like this.
  4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    My first reaction is that you should speak to your parents. However, you know best what their characters are and how they would react. They might interrupt, or argue while you speak, or simply refuse to listen. It might be better to write it all down with good structure that's easy to read, following all the arguments you made here. And try to be respectful about your uncle and aunt, even if you don't think they deserve it. It seems to me you come from a society where it's expected to respect elders no matter what, so don't antagonize them. Just give your reasons for your behavior and point out the things that weren't true and say they probably remembered wrongly. Don't say they're lying, cause that may backfire. I hope you have a good relationship with your parents, so they would listen to you.

If it all fails, your remaining option is to refuse to go there (since they feel you're so disrespectful it'd be better to stay out of each other's way). Good luck.

5. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    If you explain your side of the story calmly without exaggeration I think he will probably hear you out.

Even if your dad doesn't think you're telling the truth, as long as you don't get worked up and get into a heated argument I can't see how it could get escalate to any worse than what the situation is currently tbh

Riell.daniella and Meloman like this.
  6. ArianDruj

ArianDruj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is better to say something, though I would not expect him to believe you, you at least stood up for yourself and upheld your own integrity. Life should be about being at peace with yourself. Being at peace with others takes tolerance and time. The best you could do is stay as calm and level-headed as possible

Meloman likes this.
  7. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell them, in an honest but CALM way. Don’t make an “argument” out of it. But thought relatives are important your mental health (or sleep) is important too. On the end your parents probably care for your wellbeing more than your “rude behavior “. (Or at least I hope that is the case in your family). But kindly standing up for yourself is important.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  8. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d definitely say something to them.

9. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like you’re in a bad situation if you think you won’t be believed. Still, if I were you, I’d try to tell the truth in a non-confrontational manner, saying, “I’d like to explain how the visit was from my perspective.” Good luck, seriously.

10. Yolo Swag

Yolo Swag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for sharing. can you accept the blame and use that as excuse to not see your uncle anymore? the way you said, more trouble will appear if you keep dealing with uncle.
    good luck whichever you choose to do.:sneaky:

11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    One more thing, keep in mind that honesty is almost never appreciated. You'll have to learn to put on a mask and be diplomatic, especially with your family, since it's not that easy to avoid them. I'd advise you to call your uncle with your parents present and apologize and say you didn't mean to be disrespectful and didn't realize that's how they took it. Don't explain yourself too much to your uncle, I reckon it's some sort of power play with him. One day you'll grow up, move away, have your own family, and you won't have to spend much time with any of those people. Till then, you gotta get along, and judging by what I've read, it will fall on your shoulders to maintain a decent relationship with them. Be the mature one since they can't be.

I'm not saying to always agree with them and compromise of course, look after your own interests. However, you shouldn't let them have a reason to say you're rude or disrespectful. Always be cool-headed and calm and state your reasons (like not liking horrors and offering another movie to watch together. If they refuse, that's on them). I know it takes a lot of energy. If you don't think it's worth it, you could also put your foot down and say you refuse to talk and meet with them anymore and cut them off as cleanly as you can.

JordanPaHa likes this.
  12. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell them the truth. I never ever tell lies that hurt people. I usually lie to save myself from the belts. Power through using the power of mom's understanding. I cry if they don't believe me but never ever lie using this method unless you wanna lose credibility, be humble and say sorry, if you're like me who rarely ever say sorry or admit mistakes, this will greatly add credibility.

13. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Your family sucks. Get out of the house the moment you can and never look back

14. TheSupremeManificentSovereign

TheSupremeManificentSovereign Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll not judge, for the food, if you're not allergic, its not going to kill you even if you don't like it. I assume (maybe wrongly) that they won't be eating it everyday so just bear it like a boss. As for the other stuff...why be in their house to not hang out with them, that's kinda rude tbh. tell them you would love to join them for anything but horror and suggest a movie they might like. You mention that its only on Sundays, again bear it like a boss. as for the perfume, just say it plainly...I myself have a very very strong sense of smell and any strong scents give me headaches, I've refused to hug someone and just plainly told them strong scents make me sick, even nice ones like theirs. you know throw in a complement in there to be less abrasive, but don't lie. and if you do decide to talk to your dad, then make sure your uncle is there so he doesn't have an opportunity to massage your words to be more rude and/or nasty, or feel you're talking shit behind his back. Also you came from his balls, if hes not shitty and you're not shitty the default is he'll be on your side if you're respectful and not whiny...

otaku31 and Traveling Chef like this.
  15. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a crazy age, where everyone is trying to be 'woke' each in their own way, and using the word in their own understanding and none trying to listen or use their brains, each after their own gain and goals.
    So here is something to make you feel better
    [​IMG]

dhRPGamer, Britney123 and ongoingwhy like this.
  16. AeonicI

AeonicI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel a *rich vibe* from your rant. IMHO, tell your parents. If they don’t believe you then leave. Done.

17. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It's your own fault for staying at your uncle's house in the first place. :facepalm: You should've known what sort of person he is before this, so why are you even acting surprised? :hmm: And if you already know your father won't believe you, then why even bother telling him? :blobwoah:

18. Heliowalton

Heliowalton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like you were being a bit of a dick tbh.

otaku31, ongoingwhy and IceLight303 like this.
  19. coolsatanfan

coolsatanfan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My advice is express your views with sarcasm. Since you say that your father might not side with you, being sarcastic will not give them a chance to directly refute you.
    That's what I do when I argue with my relatives

20. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, probably not the popular opinion but when your a guest at someone's house you should try to adjust and be polite to them. Telling someone who just cooked you a meal that you didn't like it is very rude. Unless your allergic force yourself to eat it or offer to help cook and make the food to your taste. Also saying your grandma's perfume stinks so you don't want to sleep with her is wrong. Offer to sleep on the couch cause you don't want to disturb your grandmother. Also listening to loud music while people are trying to watch a movie is rude. Not saying that your uncle's family should have been a bit more considerate and chosen a movie everyone would like. So to be honest you sound very rude. I would still talk to your parents and tell them you don't like going over to your uncle's but understand that you were at fault as well.

otaku31 likes this.