Discussion Saitama training

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized his training however ordinary and seemingly easy to fit people to complete may in fact be almost impossible.
    It's 100 push ups, sit ups, squats and 10km running everyday for 2 years and if I recall right no AC.
    Even if you are barely fit this seems possible right? But what if you get sick, twist your ankle or the temperature is -20 or 40+ C or raining.
    The thoughest part really is 10km running, even if you can do that easily for a few days I think you're legs will start falling apart soon, calves could get inflammed first.

Fossil, Yuraine, fuqifeipian4 and 2 others like this.
  2. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not really that difficult... it would be hard to run for so long at first, but you will get used it fast and it won't be a big deal. My grandmother in her 70s does 10km a day, and yes, in -20 too
    Overall this training is a joke tbh... 100 pushups and squats is no big deal. Professional athletes train much much more.

3. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    The most important part is probably the fact that he kept up fighting monsters the whole time too. I'm not sure if the anime got up to the point where gyoro gyoro explains this but
    When you recover from a near death encounter your strength increases drastically, doing this multiple times is how Orochi is so powerful and
    how Garou will become so powerful.
    Dr. Genus (from the house of evolution) gives the explanation that Saitama has broken his limiter, and so can gain strength beyond the limit of what should be possible for his body with no upper limit so long as he keeps training to get stronger.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    kenar and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Is your grandma Russian? I know they train more but with breaks. Sure I've gone sometimes a year without getting sick but 2? I would definetely get sick by running in cold rain, which is pretty common here.

5. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I seem remember an quite athletic dude tried his training and end up injured.. the training was possible at first but without resting, his body end up exhausted. He trained for quite a long time if i remember well.

kenar, mir and Jojo775 like this.
  6. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason he's so OP isn't it because he broke past the limits set by his brain on his body?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  7. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, if you have a little common sense, you won't... Why would you run in the cold rain? Wait until it's over and then run. Or go to a covered stadium/gym and run there...
    And when you actually train your body every day, your immune system gets a good kick and you don't really get sick that much. Unless something happens, you are unlikely to get stuff like a flu or a cold.

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on level of athleticism, if your body is used to 4 times that, it'd be a nice warm up , stretching and cooling down, no problem.
    If it triggers overcompensation response not having a rest would slowly add up and break down more than you build up.

MaliMi, Jiggy and Jojo775 like this.
  9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it can rain for 10hours a day, you have to get to work and then run when you get back. If you don't run by midnight it doesn't count even if you make it up. I don't know, running in gym sounds unfair XD there is AC there so you technically can't.

10. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Lanipator did it for a while and he loved it. Made him lose a lot of weight

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You used the shortened version of his training program, so you didn't answer your own question. Here:

[​IMG]

No using your air conditioner! That's a requirement! And if your bones crack, just keep going!

kenar, fuqifeipian4, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  12. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, your problem is basically with the phrase "every day" because literally every day training is difficult? Even if you skip a day, it will only be a benefit, as no matter how athletic you are, you have to give your body some rest, or it will break on you, quite literally. There is this thing called rhabdomyolysis, which is the result of training too much. Your muscles literally break on you.

Basically, it's a manga, so don't expect it to be related to the reality that much.

mir likes this.
  13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I said no AC.
    Yes well that was the point, everyday for 2 years is the problem. Not the short term intensity.

kenar and Westeller like this.
  14. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there seems to be a lot of people who tried the challenge although not per word but they did it completely more or less, for example here

or here

15. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can still say every day, even if you skip occasionally due to some circumstances. Add manga power in there and you are good. I think with the kind of weather you get in Japan, you don't need to worry too much about freezing rain and -20 cold, so it's entirely possible even literally.
    It's another question that a real person without any prior experience or help would injure themselves doing it. I've seen so many people injure themselves by working out wrongly... one guy passed out right in the middle of the exercise and started seizing...
    But if you are somewhat athletic, then this specific workout is easy. Even kids can do that

kenar likes this.
  16. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    If you guys actually train to build muscles you'll know that the only difficult part there is 10km run. 10km walk if you had all the time in your life seems more feasible. I can do 100 push ups now if I cut it to 2-3 sets, sit ups in 2 sets and the squats if not weighted is just a breeze for me. While the 10 km run... Give me 3-4 hours, lol.

17. Nagecian

Nagecian Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget the hair loss

kenar, NevetsKen and Jojo775 like this.
  18. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not clear if you need to do it in one go or you can
    Lol that bald guy looks so much like Saitama.
    Not so sure about that, I'm athletic and like running. I play basketabll everday no problem but when there is no one to play with I go running.
    Earth is definetely not flat here and when I tried running everyday 5km while I don't get tired, my calves burn out.
    Depends can you do it in sets, then it's easy. Can you stop after 5min of running and then continue or do you have to run the whole time?
    I could run now about 3km on flat surface without stopping, more if I got more fit but 10km? What is running speed anyway? I doubt it'd be below 12km/h

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  19. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's strange about going 2 years without getting sick?

mir likes this.
  20. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am doing his training for 2 months already. Now I am at lv 6 and planned to reach lv 10 at 6 months mark. By the way I am feeling really healthy.