Spoiler (Bl) Rebirth: Didn’t Love You Enough

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, May 31, 2019.

1. LavenderBlizzard

LavenderBlizzard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a plan to read a historical novel right know. But I'm interested with the mpreg setting. So, I just read the last three chapter. The last son is everyone treasure. He's so cute and lovely. One of the brother said that his sister is not his ideal sister because she's so strong and didn't lose to boy. But their last brother is so cute. He is more like his ideal sister. The last child is actually an accident. Shou didn't get pregnant after the birth of dragon and phoenix. The gong really happy and though that they already have a lot of child so it's okay. But then...:oops:

IzKir, lazuuli, Izn and 5 others like this.
  2. Sanchez

Sanchez Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a sad announcement from the translator, this novel will no longer be updating until another translator picks it up, and I just found it too! Such a good story, I sincerely support the couple. The first chapter had me hooked! Someone please pick this up!!!

3. shikurai17

shikurai17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tha
    That's too bad. Hope someone picks it up.
    Luckily it's easy to understand with MLT. I was able to understand it MLTing. Couldn't wait for the translations.

4. sleepingjay

sleepingjay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC gong had 1 Princess Consort and 3 concubines from before rebirth:
    - Princess Consort Xue: killed because she's a traitor colluding to rebel
    - Concubine Xu: last life she was the most favored, this life MC put her under house arrest and then when she tried to make trouble he sent her away to the cold palace
    - Concubine Song: never makes trouble so MC left her alone and never paid attention to her
    - Concubine Yu: eventually tried to kill MC and ML's son so she got killed too

In this life MC immediately deals with the 2 most powerful ones (Xue and Xu) even before ML shou appeared, and then never touched anyone except ML shou. He told his parents the infertility poison in his body will only be cured after 2 years, so he can't have sex during this time (in reality: he's waiting for his baby (shou) to grow up~).

He did take another concubine Zhang on his mom's insistence, but this girl was already on her deathbed and died around one month after becoming his concubine. She was terminally ill and he knew she'd die, so he chose her out of his mom's 3 candidates.

The girl's parents let her become his concubine because they wanted her to get a proper and honorable burial (for some reason an unmarried woman aren't allowed to have a very honorable burial in her own family's burial site).

What I liked was that later on when MC became emperor, this girl was the only concubine MC lifted her title/position for, so she was more honored even in death. This made her family super grateful and more loyal to him. MC remembers those that help him.

Anyways, my point is there's no need to worry~! MC gong already schemed everything to step-by-step make people accept ML as Empress.

ML went from bed-servant (MTL = little waiter, so I'm assuming he has the lowest position of the harem; however, although he was nominally a bed-servant everyone knew he was already treated better and had more power than the concubines) to consort (3rd highest rank, with Empress as highest), then to Huang Guifei (2nd highest, just below Empress), then to Empress.

MC even hires a tutor to teach ML (who loves learning and is a hardworking student). ML eventually became famous for his skills in paintings. He also brings ML all the time to his mom's palace so they can have a good relationship. ML learns how to receive and host noble guests from sitting at MC's mom's side so often. Eventually nobles know him to be very amiable and lovely to talk with ("like a spring breeze", "no wonder the Prince (MC) is always so joyful with him and adores him").

MC also helps ML's family. ML's brother is a farmer-turned-scholar and eventually become top 3 high-ranking scholar in the capital. Hence, ML has a stronger backing.

Emma401, Kaylee, lazuuli and 7 others like this.
  5. sleepingjay

sleepingjay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although the gong was really slag last life (I was super skeptical of the novel when I read the 1st chapter), after rebirth he's super amazing! The gong and shou reminds me of Beloved Marriage in High Society. The shou is very naive and obedient, but not a holy mother-type. He just takes most things at face value.

For example:
    A woman asks him, "Oh, so Concubine Lin likes squid soup very much?" insinuating that he's acting like a lowly commoner. (Commoners can't eat seafood often)

The shou, holding his squid soup, is just excited over his food and happily replies: "Yes! I really like squids!" Back in his village he never got to taste seafood, so he really really loves it!
    ----
    He eventually gets better at figuring out when people have bad intentions, but he never gets good at countering because he's too straightforward. But he's a stickler to principles; whenever someone tries to ask him to use pillow talk to convince the gong to do something, he'd firmly refuse immediately.

Thankfully, he has very defensive servants and the gong's family around him to help him. A few times he'd refuse someone and when they insist on bothering him, he'd say he's tired and his servants interject saying that it's time for his nap (because he's too young and it's necessary for his development; or because he's pregnant lol)

Oh, I just remembered that one of the times he used this excuse was when another concubine came to him. She asked him to let the other concubines have some nights with the gong too -- and he refused! (I was so proud)

IzKir, Kaylee, lazuuli and 7 others like this.
  6. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give me the link for the raw?

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's almost similar to Wife is First.
    Just the MC character is......boring. I've read enough of such naive weak MC, no matter how fluffly it's going to get.

8. Selax

Selax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    If MC can enter the empress's palace then . . . Is he castrated?

10. ZeeRose

ZeeRose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't, he is basically a ger(kinda like women), so yeah. Or so I believe.

11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, since this is only 50chapter plus, I start to mtl it.

12. ZeeRose

ZeeRose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already did. It was quite easy to mtl and a fun, fluffy read.